Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Escaping Jail/Hitler

I am putting a movie which is apparently some action movie (like I was thinking about Fast and the Furious or something of the type). When I put it on I am inside it and there are two men in jail cells with people outside harassing them. They somehow get out and escape and they shoot their handcuffs off. Then they escape the jail with their clothes gone and police clothes one. They get into a big police truck and are all happy about it and they see someone else at a corner with a similar big car. He approaches us and it seems like a joke and it is exaggerated and customized. The person inside says its from another agency and when he drives away the two men realize they are not alone. Then they walk across the street into a road between the East and West National Galleries in Washington DC. We walk through the center next to the older one up this hill with stairs and beautiful plants and statues. As I go up I pass people, there seems to be a wedding but I see no bride and groom. I go up a little further and see a couple of desks. At the top I get to a desk and say now that I would pretend to be Hitler at this top desk. I did it for a couple of seconds and the people I was with laughed. Then I suddenly go all the way down into this underground room. There seem to be a couple of kids (students) at table behind me and I feel like they do not want me here. I look forward and there is this old 3d map that explains the history of different places and it moves. My brother is there and questions me about certain things on it and I have to explain it and I get quite annoyed in some questions (like I do in real life). It explains Hitler’s rise to power in Germany, The American Revolutionary War, Philosophical movements in Europe, and in the end showed a map of NY with an aircraft carrier (I’m guessing post 9/11).

I don't really understand any of this dream at all. I was in Washington D.C. two months ago so I could see why the setting was used. However I am not really into the military or wars even though they are a bit interesting to me. I am a pacifist and am completely against war even though this dream doesn't really show that. Lately I haven't been able to just like anything or do anything I enjoy. I get a lot of anxiety and explode often not being able to do what I want to do because of the anxiety.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Miami

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes http://pub34.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2863566527&frmid=48&msgid=1171006&cmd=show

Re: Escaping Jail/Hitler

Eddy,
Your dreams are about you and the people {unknown or unnamed} would be aspects of yourself. The two men would represent two aspects of yourself, possibly the inner and outer aspects. The harassment could also be an inner and outer experience. Harassment of oneself due to a lack of discipline, the outer a harassment of 'social duty' of the inner resources you wish to achieve for yourself {usually to do with spirituality and/or creativity}. You seek to escape this condition, purge yourself of ego centered control and obtain a true disciplined self {police
clothing}. You are confronting the outer self, the exaggerated ego self, the customized persona. The inner self is that 'other agent' that provides balance {East and West} and harmony in life. This is the 'centered self', the older condition of the natural psyche void of ego influence {you have entered the natural world, the mythological world that influences the dream}. This is the true natural self, not separate from the natural world but conjoined with it. I believe this is pointing to the aspirations of your life, what you wish to achieve, where you want your life to be. This is the bride and groom, a marriage of the inner and outer condition, a balanced and harmonious life.

The movie is the dream and this dream seems to be reflecting on your life. You are within the realms of the unconscious when you dream. This is your whole life, your own self made movie. Your waking condition may be at that point where it is dedicated to a more spiritual condition. Hitler is the negative self, the old self, pushed deep into the unconscious {underground room}. It never completely goes away {the human condition is always fleeting, capable of regression}. The old self is not who you wish to be. You have a history as all people do. There are questions you may not wish to focus on, possibly having to do with real life experiences {brother}. The evolution is your own evolution. From the most negative to the philosophical {where you dwell at this moment}. The aircraft carrier in NY? Despite the guessing, where would that fit in the present day life experiences? Remember, the images in dreams are primarily symbolic and not literal. An aircraft carrier would represent some aspect of self. Since it is something that floats on water perhaps it is saying something about expectations. Do you ever have 'visions' of the future? It could be a vision of 'inner' sources of the flow of life, the always present integration of negatives and positives. It would address the personal but if your psyche condition has advanced to a degree of 'higher' attainment it could be addressing 'universal' expectations. The guessing of 9/11, perhaps not so much a guessing as it is a premonition. Perhaps you possess a higher intuitve quality.

That may be a stretch but consider the possibilities. If you have achieved a sense of the creative self so early in life the possibilities, natural aspects that you possess, could be real. Overall the dream is about your life there is that possibility of greater things in the offing.
A little personal history {something your dream seems to be focused on} may help us better understand those possibilities.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you very much. I'm going through many changes right now. I just discovered my anima two days after i posted this... Its very strong and was repressed for a long time causing me pain before. I think im more of a girl and i find it difficult to accept my femininity (I want to do very feminine borderline things) in a conservative hispanic family. Im not sure if this discovery ties in with this dream but it is a recent psychic change and event.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes http://pub34.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2863566527&frmid=48&msgid=1171006&cmd=show

EDDY,
The higher intuitive quality I mentioned could fit with your feelings of your 'feminine' side. Escaping Hitler would be the escaping of both an the outer persecution you experience due to these feminine feelings. Those qualities of the feminine I sensed would fit with this other you. Your follow up remarks do clarify the associations to the inner feminine. The exaggerated ego self, or what you feel is exaggerated, would be that feminine persona wanting to reveal itself as your true self. If you are having these inner feelings of a feminine self and they begin to manifest themselves in the outer self, you will have to come to terms with who you really are. You may be gay or it could be you have a very strong feminine side but retain your heterosexual identity as the primary being in control. If you are gay and repress it {or even repress those feminine qualities and not be gay} that will in the end turn your world upside down and cause severe emotional conflicts. You must be who you really are to live a balanced and harmonious life. It may be you will have to relocate to a community that will accept you for who you are. Have you considered that possibility, even later in life since you are still a teenager and probably at home?

The one thing about dreams is they wish to reveal what is true about oneself. And if that true person refuses or can not 'come out' in the waking world the dreams will continue to focus on the need to be that true self. You may try to escape the outer persecution and have some success. But the inner turmoil will remain until the true self shows itself in the outer person. My experience with dreams has confirmed this aspect of the dream world. The movie is of you and you are the players, the producer, director and audience. On stage is your true emotional self. First discover who you really are {if you are gay you will eventually know it} and then be that person. Living a lie will never do. You can not change your biological makeup no matter what others try to tell you. A true heterosexual is a heterosexual. A true gay person can not deny their true sexuality. You were born that way and nothing can change it. Accept who you are and move on to a life of being that true self.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I am very happy I found this forum in this time of my life. I would be more lost. Its funny how people that you don't even know can help you so much. I find myself very terrified of my true self and have always had a hard time accepting it. I know I am feminine in many aspects. The one thing that is conflicting in my head is my sexuality. I really am not sure and have always liked girls then again I have felt attraction to some men.

Eddy,
Although it is easier said than done you have to be who you really are. Determining that will come about sooner than later. An attraction to men is often a sign of being gay but there is also those few who are actually bi-sexual. But perhaps the most important thing is to enter into a committed relationship and stay there. That will probably not happen right off, exploring is a part of the rights of passage for someone your age {not withstanding the moral issues that can be as much a psychological conflict}. But in a world of instant gratification one must discipline them self to one partner or 'love' will never survive. I speak from experience, my own and others who I have known and counseled. Find yourself and then find that right person in life to live it with.

As for your attraction to both male and females. There may be a confusion to your sexuality due to underlying experiences in early life. Your attraction to men may be real. Or it could be the 'freudian' in you, manifested by unresolved internal conflicts from earlier life. Freud thought all human impulses were of a sexual nature. Sex is a strong determiner of how we live our lives but not the only one. Jung's philosophy of personality and the psyche, the Shadow, the anima/animus or masculine/feminine aspects, the Mana Types and the Self, have clarified how the psyche functions and is replacing much of Freud's approach to the unconscious. These typology characteristics are often prevalent in dreams although they are too often looked upon as everyday experiences {major changes in life that occur only a few times during a life span}. Getting to know yourself and understanding these internal aspects will help resolve the confusion about your sexuality as well as other inner conflicts of the emotions.

It is no secret of my belief of how important the formative years become later in life. As I stated above, it could be your confusion over your sexuality is driven by early life experiences where sex is a substitute for that love and acceptance that never came from parents, siblings, etc. It is usual to lean toward either male or female relationships but in today's world being attracted to both and not actually being gay would not be all that unusual. Determining your sexuality is the first thing you must do and that will come with time and experience. If you are gay you must accept it and live with it, preferably accepting it in a positive way so you can live life without the bonds of confusion of it being 'right or wrong'. If you are gay it is because your biological makeup makes you so. You can't change that and should never try {the religious types who try to do so are fools and do more harm than good}.
So seize the moment when you do finally discover your true identity {whether it be sexual or otherwise} and run with it. You are not the only person in this world, in Florida, or even in your community who is seeking that true identity of their sexuality. You may feel that way at times but it is not so. Find others who are in the same position, seek out support groups. More often than not it is these people who are in the same position who are truly concerned about others and want to help others as well as them selves.
On the positive side of being gay. Being a gay male is closer to that feminine side of the psyche which is a positive since it is the more powerful than the masculine. All the great sages of spirituality lived from the feminine aspect, Jesus, the Buddha, Gandhi {love, acceptance, intuitiveness were the major traits of these saints}. Plus a gay man is often better equipped to accept his creative aspects and use those qualities as tools of expression. Creativity and spirituality are feminine aspects and those who understand the power of the feminine psyche as usually more creative than those who do not. You can possess one {creativity as an example} yet live a destructive life {that applies to heterosexuals as well}. You don't have to be gay to utilize these aspects but if you are you probably have a leg up on men who are not.
Think of the positive aspects of all the possibilities. Being positive is how you survive life when the negatives gang up on you. But an overload of negatives just doesn't happen by chance, you most often bring them on yourself. Being positive, spiritual {beyond religion} and creative will help you survive self imposed negatives that can be destructive. Being yourself is the first task, and then disciplining yourself to the mentioned qualities above will make live worth all the pain suffering that comes with being human.

Jerry

Wow :) Finding myself is enough to give me purpose sometimes. I guess I just have a very strong feminine side and I just have to discover if that carries unto my sexuality or not. I've been getting very close to my shadow lately and am remembering many childhood memories. I was very feminine yet destructive as a child. Its almost as if you know exactly what's going on inside of me.

Eddy,
It is not so much I know what is going on 'within' you as it is your dreams know. Using Jungian psyche we have access to the dream world that was in the past not available. What is within is true. Understanding and deciphering the language is how we determine what those truths are.

Getting close to your shadow can reveal a lot. Be careful not to let those past experiences overwhelm you if they should be so painful to be able to do so. But also do not be afraid to confront your shadow. That will let you be your true self, not encumbered by the dark side that would reflect all that has been pushed into the unconscious because of possible pain involved in your life. If you have dreams that seem important please share them. Hopefully we can make sense of the images so you know exactly what is there, what is true about yourself.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present