Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Krishna

Hello,

The night before the start of a 4 day yoga conference I was starting this weekend, a dream came to and woke me up in the middle of the night. I saw a small stone statue of Krishna floating down a river in a small bright cobalt blue and yellow wooden boat. Any ideas what this image means? It felt like a positive sign but I'm not sure about the significance of Krishna.

Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Kowloon, Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Krishna

Liz,
Dreams are reflective of the true self, the inner being that wishes to be 'let out', purging oneself of the ego centered condition. Since all dreams reflect waking life experiences, as well as the unconscious experiences throughout the dreamer's life, your upcoming yoga conference is a natural 'dream experience'.

Here is a thumbnail of how the dream could be representative of the waking life.

Krishna symbolizes divine love and spiritual knowledge, your inner 'resources' of attainment of these spiritual qualities. A stone statue would represent strength, unity, and unyielding beliefs, a quality of which someone who practices meditative yoga would possess and would be 'cast in stone' {unyielding to the ego centered self}. The river is a symbol of the 'flow of the unconscious' {water is a universal symbol for the unconscious-the deeper the water source the deeper the depths of the unconscious}. The boat is you, the body. The colors would represent the source of the unconscious influences that are reflected in the waking condition {or the desired state of being you wish to achieve}. From the MDS dream dictionary we find the color blue would symbolize 'the universal or collective unconscious (as distinct from the individual unconscious). Perhaps the dream is asking you to base your life on intuitions that come from a deep source within your psyche.' This color would fit perfectly with your yoga experiences. Yellow would symbolize awareness or intelligence. The awareness of the inner self, the goal of yoga, would affect the intelligence of the outer self, providing a higher resource to the individual life. The 'wooden' aspect may point to the spiritual aspect, wood being a 'natural' resource of the 'natural' world.

Overall the dream seems to be addressing your true aspirations in life, if not your true self. The true self is a spiritual identity, not controlled by the ego centered self but guided by those inner resources. If you practice yoga on a regular basis there can be no doubt your 'intelligence' is at a higher level due to the 'inner knowledge' you have received through meditation, practice and experience. And since you are about to venture to a yoga conference your dreams would reflect those highest qualities of expectation in the waking life. Your 'higher level' of existence is reflected in your dreams, your waking condition on a level most 'westerners' never achieve because our society is so material oriented. And although you may be a 'westerner' I suspect you have undergone a 'death and resurrection' that has elminated much of those attachements of the ego self. Why else would you be going to a 'yoga conference'?

Good luck at the conference. And as you participate in the rituals of 'purging' the body, think of Jungian psyche as a method of psychologically purging the ego centered self. In the christian tradition of the death and resurrection, this is what must occur to the individual, a death to the ego centered self and a resurrection to the spiritual identity that takes control of the life. Psychological yoga can do that.
twat twam asi,

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Krishna

Liz, I'd love to hear more about how the dream looked and felt. Was your viewpoint from the bank of the river? From somewhere far away? What was the river like: big/small, turbulent/peaceful? Was it bright daylight or? How big was the boat - like a canoe or? What did the statue of Krishna look like? And what was the emotional tone of the elements and the whole dream? The image itself is important and contains a lot of information that can be unintentionally glossed over!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59, Portland, OR

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present