Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not sure if this has any meaning

This may not be anything, but it has stuck with me for most of my day. I'll throw it out there!

In the beginning of my dream, there was this woman after me who was trying to kill me. She had short dark hair and was no one I know in waking.

I remember in my dream sending a letter to this guy Steve who I was involved with almost 2 years ago asking for help. The letter came back to me (I apparently typed it I remember that, too) and the post office wrote his new address and the date 2/12 (like, moved as of 2/12). it was written in red cursive.

i had a moment of sadness in the dream remembering he was marrying someone else (probably married by now I imagine) and the address was in Virginia (in reality, he lives in NY). I still sent another letter asking for some sort of assistance.

Eventually I get away from the woman trying to kill me and it dawns on me later I should have never sent him a letter at all since I could make things uncomfortable in his home life. (he was cheating on his fiance with me in waking, and later she learned about me, but never knew who I was). In my dream I see he hides my letter and even keeps it.

In any case, I end up in a social place - there is a large gathering and I see him there - side profile. I remember feeling anxious about him seeing me, but knowing he never did.

Then I woke up.

It may not have any meaning. I am not sure. We have not seen one another in almost 2 years. I'm still resolving my feelings about him, but I'm at the point of where he doesn't enter my thoughts as much.

I think it may mean something since I seem to keep replaying it looking for clues in my mind.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 Buffalo

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? I don't know - maybe, years ago?

Re: Not sure if this has any meaning

Renee,
The unknown woman trying to kill you is another part of yourself. The anxiety over dating a 'cheating' man may have caused an unconscious if not conscious amount of guilt and the 'other woman' would have been the guilt ridden you chasing the waking you. You probably have/had real feelings for 'Steve' but unconsciously there is the guilt, or even perhaps fear of his ability to cheat. Your 'smarter' self may have been the other woman {if he cheated on his fiancee would he cheat on you?}. The context of the whole affair, and the lingering emotions from it, probably caused you have this 'anxiety' dream. And because the 'other woman' is no longer trying to kill you it may be you are finally putting the whole issue behind you {I remember feeling anxious about him seeing me, but knowing he never did}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry

Everything fits really well - I can see how it connects.

All in all it seems positive, especially since I did beat myself up about it for a long time feeling badly.

Thank you!!

Renee

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: previously mentioned

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Renee,
The best possible indication of an interpretation being correct is if it fits your waking life. It is important that the dreamer recognize the associations to real life. Often that is not easy because the dreamer is not consciously aware of his/her emotional self. It is a positive sign that you do recognize these emotional aspects. It demonstrates you are in touch with your emotions which provides a better possibility to overcome the negatives in your life. Too many people go through life ignoring their emotions, being stuck in the outer world of material worth and not recognizing their most valuable 'inner' resources. I am confident with your response you will be able to reconcile the negatives that has caused these emotional conflicts. That is a positive sign for the future, being in touch, and in control of your emotions instead of letting the emotions control you.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present