Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dry snow

In a first dream from today i am at work walking down part of the hallway with a collegue from the nightshift. I am on his right side as we walk towards a small office, so it seems. While walking we're talking and so i sometimes look at my left to look at him. Then, when i look his direction again i see a ghost at his left. I almost immediately recognize my (deceased) uncle, though he doesn't look the way he looked. Instead of how i know him, i see him in the dream as a cartoon-like, a drawing, person. Though a ghost would normally scare me, i now have to laugh and feel good about seeing him. When i look to the left again a little later he appears again and have to smile. He disappears and my collegue and me are almost at the office. He's is still talking about work, but i am trying to tell him about my uncle-ghost who i just saw. I feel a little dissapointed when this collegue still drags on about work and not giving me the opportunity to tell about my beautiful, but strange experience.

In a following dream again i'm at work, though in a large building close to my home. It seems i recently have told a few collegues about a man i've met some time ago and who i started to have feelings for. Because at the beginning of this dream one of the collegues (in fact a former collegue) comes to me and lays a piece of paper on the ground. I look at it and see that it's a print. I see a printed picture of the man i told them about recently and i then know that she's been searching for him on the internet. I'm surprised, but a little anxious too. I tell her she shouldn't have done this, because 'what if he founds out that someone has been searching for him'. I then remember that there a good possibility he won't know this and this makes a little bit less worried. I look at his print and conclude that at least i have 'a bigger picture' of him now with this print, so i can see him better. Under his picture there's sort of a printed drawing...something with circles...in different shades of blue. It somehow is related to him.
Then i am talking with some collegues about my shift the next day...where will they have scheduled me? Someone tells me she saw that tomorrow i'm scheduled in 7. I am surprised. 7 is the medium care, not the intensive care. Why should i work there. As if someone tells me, i then know that a former patient is in that room. I find it a little strange...how is it possible that this patient is back again? Also me being scheduled for room 7 still puzzles me, because it looks like i then have to work a 'double shift'.
Then i am outside the working place with a few collegues. Though it is may in the dream too, it is snowing...slowly and peacefully. It is not cold at all. Where talking a little. Then i look at a distance and recognize one of my other collegues. A bit closer i think i recognize a yet another collegue...a bride, but as she comes closer i see i have 'mistaken her for someone else'...this woman is a stranger to me and she seems to vanish as soon as i see that i'm mistaken.
I turn around again. At some point i start pulling loose my belt, remembering that a little earlier my trousers where feeling like they were too tight. As i take of the belt i suddenly remember that it could be possible i'm still wearing two pairs of trousers...because earlier i thought it would be cold because of the snowing. But now i know it is not cold at all and because of the tightness i decide to take of one pair of trousers. I first take of the jeans and discover black linen trousers under them. I then am having difficulties with taking of these black pants. I try to put a towel around my legs because i am outside and not everyone needs to see me half naked. But somehow i can get them off and at some point i drop the towel and see that things are faster done by doing one thing instead of two things at once. I feel someone looking at me but i don't care. I decide to wear the jeans. Then we're on our way back to work, back into the building. We take slow steps through the snow. Darkness is setting in a little and it looks and feels beautiful...it's very quiet outside and still snowing. I touch the snow and expect it to be all wet and heavy as i am used to in this country, but to my surprise it feels dry and it is more granular-like. I, just as a collegue, am taking some steps. At certain places i can see ice shimmering through and know i have to be careful at those parts. At one point i sink for about half a meter into the snow and start laughing. I can get out myself and then get back inside again.

Did some thinking already, but will do some more first before putting my thoughts here now.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Dry snow

Well, back again already, haha...just couldn't leave.

Some parts of the 'Dry Snow' dream seemed to jump out:

'At least i have a bigger picture of him'...bigger picture...understanding the overall...?

'A printed drawing of circles in different shades of blue'...blueprint...?

'Granular-like snow'...granular made me think of pixels...de-tailed...?

'Internet'...networking...relating...

'I have mistaken her for someone else'...that 'bride' of course is symbolizing a part of me...makes me even think of wishfulfillment. But 'i have mistaken her for someone else'...makes me think of 'i am not who i think i am'...seems to relate to the last dream in which there was this book titled something like: 'I am me", the book that has so much to tell and give.
Maybe it is not exactly 'i am not who i think i am', but even more 'i am not showing the one who i really am', because in the dream i was looking at this 'bride'. Still this 'bride-thing' might have a real meaning being a real wish of mine...but then with the meaning: 'as long as i don't show myself who/how i really am/believe/feel deep inside the ideal relationship is 'out of sight'...Maybe this is not a real thing, but while writing it inside of me this is a thought that has been alive like this for quite some time already. Like, i first like to be the one i really am and want to be able and have no fears of showing this 'me' to the outside world and if not i'd rather have no relationship at all. (maybe sound very strange/stupid, but that's how i feel about it).

It was a 'former collegue' who had done the search on internet and found and printed the picture of the man and the blueprint. A collegue...some part inside of me that i 'used to work with'. This whole sentence could also mean that something found earlier is just now close to understanding. The snowing granular could mean that the pieces of a puzzle (the details of the bigger picture) are falling into place...or will be falling into place when 'that which feels to tight (the two pairs of trousers) taken of'.
In the far distance i think to recognize a collegue/bride, but as she comes closer i see i've mistaken her for someone else. Instead of what i wrote above this sentence could also mean that i don't believe in this wish of mine. In the far distance i recognize the bride...which could mean that i feel safe to dream about being a bride or having that certain relationship. But as she comes closer i see i've mistaken her for someone else...which then could mean that as soon as there are the real possibilities for that certain relationships i suddenly don't believe that's meant for me...call it fear. Maybe this is part of the de-tailing...seeing why and where things turn out the wrong way.

The Ghost dream:

i have no idea. Why does my deceased uncle show up as a ghost in my dream? The only thing i can think of right now is that he shows himself as a funny cartoon-like man is to tell me that maybe i need to try to see the funny side of certain things...of the things i fear. The things that could appear out of nothing...the unknown...the future?
Maybe even he tries to tell me to try and see the funny side of things that have happened in the past.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

I think the vanishing bride and the ghost uncle are semi-concrete prefigurations of a trans-subjective reality that jung called the transendent function, which harmonizes the opposites in your psyche.

Any picture or movie is the whole personality's attempt to convey an idea that is so near to consciousness it just needs a little reinforcement.

I think that lossening the belt and taking off an extra pair of pants means allowing some room for this extra superior aspect in your self, and making yourself more exposed to this emerging aspect of yourself.

In all this positive context, it seems to me that the snow symbolizes the coming of emotion, a controllable emotion in the form of a snow, that is solid and not a threatening flood. It could suggest that you are coming to terms with inferior aspects of yourself that typically take the form of the dark dangerous unkown property of water. In this case, you have cultivated a durable conscious basis for enduring and assimilating the darker aspects (you laughing and getting unstuck from the snow).

Most of my ideas are just slight extrapolations from Gerard, but I've had marriage dreams and they fit the jungian notion that the assimilation and marriage is no glamorous thing, but can be an abberration or a slight defeat, because our moral identity is forced to accept its opposite, yet the magical and theraputic penetrate the whole experience. So I say great dreaming.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Missoula MT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

I like the interpretation of the dry snow. I already had thought of it as something 'freed from its emotions'...undone from the heaviness...or something like that...

Later that day i remembered another short dream i had just before i woke up.
The dream started with me arriving at work and ready to over the people from the nightshift. One of my collegues (dark tainted woman) started to sing a song. At first i didn't know what to think of it, but she sang with such a beautiful voice then i just couldn't do anything else than listen. There were moments i thought she would stop singing, but she went on and on and sang the whole song. It almost felt like magic. When the song was at its end i started to think what song it was...i vaguely remembered it but then i woke up...

At this moment i think of this dream that the dark tainted collegue is a part of me whose existence i know of. Because she is my collegue, so i 'work with her'. But because of her dark taint and because she works the nightshift it is a part that still works 'behind the curtains'.
When thinking of the magical singing i only can think of the soul. It also makes me think of 'my own voice'...the voice that speaks from the heart (soul).
That i vaguely remember it i think is a positive sign...maybe i am coming closer to myself...

stats from 7-14-10 to the present