Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Multiple cats and a bridge

Hi -
I dreamed I had multiple cats in my dream. I only took these cats in temporarily to help them out. But they were all over my house and I remember there were at least 5 of them. Some of them were even inside my drawers. One of them was clearly white. I bought a litter box for them. My sister was with me and she was telling me we need to get rid of these cats. ( By the way, in reality I hate cats and would never have that many cats in my house) And then I remember hearing one of the cats attacking somebody, not sure who I think it was my sister. We never got the cats out, because she left.

Later I was getting on long suspension bridge on bicycle. IT had a lot of hills... So it was not straight. I had to get across the bridge. I think I had to get to work. First time I made it. I was really proud. But second time there was somebody else with me and I was telling them how I made it across. But this time I was having a hard time pedaling. I got off the bike. Then I realized it was because of this other person's weight. But that does not really make any sense because this other person was on their own bike. I turned back to beginning and there was a store and I went in. There was a basket with red heart shaped candles, and they were giving them away for free. I wanted take two, but the lady said I had to pay 89 cents for the second one... And I returned it. Then I ate the candle as if it was a red apple...
What does all this mean? I appreciate your insight.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Oya,
Cats are from the feline family species and being such are looked upon as symbolic of the feminine aspects of the psyche. Often in dreams seeing cats would represent the emotions, women {feminine} being thought of as being more emotional than men {or able to show their emotional side where men have a problem doing so}. Cats being all over your house would suggest your emotions are at a high pitch. Since you took the cats in temporarily you may want to look at your waking life and determine what 'temporary' experiences could be leading to this emotional conflict. Your sister may involved in the actual waking experiences.

The bridge you are crossing may suggest there is a problem or experience in your life that needs to taken care of. It may involve work. And there is the 'weight' of someone else that is involved. Some other person may be 'weighing' on you in your attempt to reconcile this emotional conflict.

The red heart shaped candles/apples may be addressing matter of the heart. The other person is riding their own bike but the weight of this person is on you. It may be this other person doesn't see everything as you do and you feel {perhaps unconsciously or intuitively} it will cost you to engage with this person. Dreams often provide the intuitive feelings of an experience and although the impulse is to ignore them it is always important to recognize them as being true. My suggestion is to always trust the intuitive self.

What in your waking life fits with the above?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi jerry -
As always thank you so much... There is a lot for me to think and analyze based on what you are saying below. I will reply back once i tune in and figure it out. You are right, though my emotions have been at high pitch. The conflict with my sister has been a long standing one. But there is more to this than just her. Thanks again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Oya,
One aspect of the dream seems to be addressing the relationship with your sister and possibly the 'work' needed to cross 'the bridge' in that relationship. And yes, the 'many cats' suggest there is more than just the sister relationship that are involved. It is the 'other person's weight that is slowing you down. That could be a reference to your own emotions, the weight you place on yourself that is weighing you down. The emotions have a 'bike' of its own and it may be you need to get past the emotional aspects before you are able to find a balance {it takes balance to ride a bike properly}. The candle may represent awareness of the emotional side of the issues involved. Prosperity {apple} can only be achieved if you realize it is the emotional state of mind that is partially controlling your attitude and you need to learn not to let the emotions control you.

Dreams are about our emotions. Your dream seems to fit the general attitude of emotional conflicts. When we let our emotions control then we are not being who we need to be and we can not find true balance and harmony in life. The any cats could symbolize the many emotions that you are currently experiencing in your life. Getting rid of the cats would represent getting rid of the emotional aspects that are so controlling of your waking life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present