Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weird Nightmare

I have not been on here for awhile because I rarely remember my dreams but this one puzzles me?
I was in a building (where I don't know) and I see
my boyfriend walking outside the window looking
straight ahead and not even paying no attention
to what is going on inside the building.
A party is going on and there is lots of food on
the tables. This man comes over to me...and then
his face keeps on changing to other faces? I got
scared and said, "where am I and who are you"
He says, "hmmm have some potato salad...and then the
potato salad turns into coleslaw and then turns into
macaroni salad. I started screaming and walking away...then I woke up this morning from having this
awful dream and not knowing what it could all mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Flushing NY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Weird Nightmare

Connie,
I sense there may be issues involving your boyfriend who may not be giving you the attention you need or expect, in particular your emotional needs {what is going on inside the building}. There also seems to be 'inner nutritional' aspects that keep changing. This would be your emotions. You are probably at a point in time where there is a lot of stress in your life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you very much for the interpretation Jerry. I do have alot of stress right now being that I am
disabled and my son will be getting married in September....and just had the bridal shower recently.
My b/f treats me well. He only has one problem and
that is getting along with certain people...mainly
the people in the neighborhood. He tells me that they
caused trouble for him years back starting rumors that
he sold drugs; which I believe is untrue. He is 57 years
of age and works full time and is clean. Many years
back he had lots of friends that use to hang out
together. This is Queens here and I guess I led a
sheltered life cause I never *hung out* lol..furthermore I grew up in the suburbs and not
the city.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Connie,
Quote: "the window looking
straight ahead and not even paying no attention
to what is going on inside the building
".

This probably has to do with your bf's interaction with the neighbors and how you feel inside about that. The building is you and what is going on inside the building are the emotions related to his actions.

The changing faces of the unknown man would represent new aspects about your bf that you are beginning to notice. I dare say he is going through some changes and although you except those changes on the surface, unconsciously you have concerns. The unknown man would be those previously unknown aspects about him. You are probably questioning some of those changes, as well as perhaps changes in your own life as you move out of the mid-life stage into the 'pre twi-lite' years.
I categorize the early 60s as the years leading to the twilight years of the late 60s and 70s, those last years of final stage of life.
I turned 60 in March and the big 60 can be a definite startling jolt to the psyche since there is a realization of entering those last years of life.

The changing food menu in the dream would be the rapid changes you start to realize about your life as you grow older and contemplate what it all means. Life is short, and this is something you really begin to realize when you enter into the 60s. And death becomes a reality, either as a conscious reminder of our mortality or as an unconscious one. The emotional toll from life experiences has to share the mind's space with death, just one more burden of the emotional life.

Jerry {meditate]

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry....I believe your right on the money regarding everything you have said here...and, yes,
when you turn 60 it's like the bomb has hit you
on the head...

Connie,
Sixty is definitely a milestone. Or better yet a rock that hits you head on. But to be honest turning 60 hasn't been that big of a deal for me. It probably has to do with the fact I have been a fitness type for the past 30 years {that's half my life} and I don't feel 60. Physically I still have a rigorous physical program {45-60 minutes of shooting basketball and then 30 minutes of brisk walking} that keeps me feeling 'young' {or should I say 'Jung'?}. As humans evolve it is a fact we live longer, and a better quality of life if one does take care of the 'temple'. This is another subject I sometimes 'preach' to, physical fitness and the great benefits it provides as we age. And of course keeping a sharp mind, something Jungian psyche provides for m because of the required thinking process involved.

In 2008 my high school class had a 40 year reunion and looking around I was so disappointed at how most had let the years slip into a dependency on medications, grossly overweight, high blood pressure, diabetic lives. And it was the vast majority. Plus so many had already made the transition {the language I learned from my 'Unitarian' experience, instead of the frightening term 'death'}. As the old saying goes,{pay me now or pay me later'. Later has arrived.

The good news is anyone can start at anytime and make changes that greatly benefit the quality of life. Studies show that even at an older age the inclusion of physical activity improves the quality of life, and the longevity. Those in their 80s had a vast improvement when adding light physical exercise to their routine. And that is what it has a to be. A life changing routine. Unfortunately, as with taking the time to better understand the psychological aspects of ones life, the 'inner search', adding physical exercise is even harder. A lack of DISCIPLINE, a quality that the hero/heroine possesses in defeating whatever the 'dragon' that may cross their path. We westerners, and the rest of the world is catching up, are a lazy bunch. If not for the advances in medications most would die in their 60s. A sad commentary of the world as we live it in the 21st century.

End of sermon.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present