Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nightmare that made my jaw drop

*NOTE: I had been sexually abused in real life, and a court case was involved*
Last night I went to sleep wishing I never have...

-The dream starts off where I am about a 15-16 year old girl at a festival with my mother. People are running around, eating popcorn-the usual. I decide to take a walk away from the festival since it is so sunny and beautiful outside. I find a path that leads into a field of flowers. The sky is baby blue (A color that is vivid) and flowers are everywhere. In my dream I remember that there is a type of flower that eats other animals and I try to find it, I couldn't so I started to head back to the festival of joy. On my way back, I passed by a farm house where a little boy was running out of. He passed me looking frantic and was screaming "HELP ME! PLEASE!" and ran into the festival. I could see that people gathered around him and were helping the poor boy. I look behind me and his father was walking out of the house. I think nothing of it and keep on my way. I keep looking back to find him following me very close. I begin to panic and run to my mother explaining what happened. She tells me to go into a shed/treehouse on the outskirts of the festival, but she comes with me. We go into the empty brown (another vivid color) shed and the man walks in. He shoves us into another room and closes the door. He pushes my mother onto a chair and grabs me and is behind me holding me close to him. He says "If you are afraid of me, I will do whatever I want to your daughter" He starts feeling up my sides and that's when I start screaming. *explicit things happen at this moment while my mom is crying in the chair* I am kicking and screaming and crying at this point not knowing what to do. The man says "I am going to slap this girl across the face if she does not stop" There was a window in the room I was in, and while this was happening to me I saw another man doing the same actions to a 20 year old man! The man looked helpless and then the rapist kicked him off the side of the treehouse onto the ground! A young woman and man saw what was happening and barged into the room letting me and my mom free. We walked into the first room (where I first entered in the treehouse) and they all smiled. The main man of the story said "Meet my accomplices" He ran out of the room and me, my mother, the new man & woman where the only people in the room. My mom was sitting in a chair looking as she had been drugged. She was unresponsive and was slouching and somewhat drooling. The young man took a can of hairspray and a lighter and strated spraying my mother with the hairspray. He lit the lighter which brought out another vivid color-red-and the flame lit her hair. I patted the fire out, and he continued to try to set my mother on fire! I was pushing him and screaming and trying to figure out what to do, but suddenly I woke up.

Typing this story made my heart pound and feel invaded as well as disturbed. I included the colors in my story hoping someone can connect the colors into the plot (since they have certain meanings because you dream in black and white) Anyone who can reply to this story, thank you so much. I would appreciate it, and I will pray for you.
-God Bless

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 & USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Nightmare that made my jaw drop

Hi Savannah,
Let me give your dream my attention in the morning. I seem to have a better intuitive sense in the morning hours and since this is your first time posting I want to give my best effort.

A little food for thought. Usually when a dream makes a statement about early life it is focusing on those early life experiences of that time period {when you were 15/16 years old}. The dream starts out positive but something changes that, probably an experience during your teens that has yet to be emotionally reconciled. Can you think of such an experience? This is probably what the dream is wanting to address so you can and will reconcile the emotional trauma.
Perhaps a deeper inspection in the morning will produce more to help you in the emotional process of what needs your attention.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Nightmare that made my jaw drop

Savannah,
As I stated earlier the age in your dream {15/16} probably involves emotional stress you experienced during that period of time that remains unresolved to this day. The girl in your dream is you. Up until this time your life may have been pretty much normal. The desire at the present time is to return to those days of 'festival' and normalcy.

But the 'flower' you were before the traumatic experience{s} is self devouring in the present time. Unconsciously, if not consciously, this/these past emotional experiences are still working on you. This is the 'type of flower that eats other animals', the flower being you and the eating is the 'eating away at you' emotionally.

The narrative that follows is most likely metaphor for whats is causing much of your state of emotional stress. Trying to decipher this would probably require a deeper introspection by you and a further conversation with anyone who is trying to interpret its meaning. It could very well involve siblings {little boy/20 year old man} and possibly your parents. What was your family life like when you where younger? Do you have brothers {and/or sisters} who may have experienced the same emotional stress from childhood? Are there other adult men in your childhood, possibly a step father? Whatever the childhood/early teen life you experienced my sense is the dream is addressing the emotional stress from that period of time. Does this fit with your actual life experiences?

If you have not explored the Jungian approach to dreams I suggest you read my page A Simple Guide to Dreams. This info should help you better understand how dreams function, the language of dreams being mostly of symbol and metaphor with the intent of your dreams being to help you work through unresolved emotional aspects in your life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present