Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indiana Jane

I work for an agency in which I am supposed to be conducting door to door interviews. I feel out of place. I am walking down a side street covered in cool shade. There are a few men, also from the agency, walking near to me. I see one man has his contact forms filled in. I do not. I have not yet completed any interviews. This does not interest me, I'd rather be doing something else. Next, I enter into a building of a business establishment that has a long hallway. I proceed through the hallway and into the bathroom. I light and smoke a cigarette. Sitting in the toilet stall, a door opens to the outside world and a vibrant presence fills the room. I did not know there was second door in the bathroom that led to the outside. I put my cigarette out - because I know one should not be smoking in doors. It is a woman that has opened the door. She is very striking. She looks like a feminine form of Indiana Jones. She is tall, slender, strong, attractive. She is wearing a light brown, long (low rider) outback duster. Her coat is worn open such that her physique is visible beneath her close fitting garments. She is confident, strong of character. There is a very tall dog with her. He looks like an Afghan Hound, but quite a bit taller than most...nor is his hair as long as most. He is a rich brown color, with some black running through. He is beautiful and very intelligent...very connected to the woman and just as striking in appearance. So attuned to one another, they seem to be like one. She announces, "Come on," and turns around, going back outside. Now, I am outside. I see her boarding her vehicle, which is like an open air sailing vessel with deep hull (an ark?) parked in the lot. Reins... She takes a seat on a bench toward the rear of the vessel and grabs hold of a pair of reins. The dog takes position laying on the floor at her left side. Next, the vessel is in the water. The woman casts off, sets to sailing, moving at a steady and strong speed, through what is not unlike the waterway canals/city streets of Venice. Now, I feel that I become the woman...holding onto the reins, skiing the wake of the ship, gliding over the water, bounding skillfully from side to side of the ship. It is enjoyable, free feeling, like an art form. She steps back into the vessel. The dog appears waiting in deep anticipation, love and care for her. She resumes her seat on the bench, calling to him, saying to me, "'You'd think I was his 'mate.'"
~

Would love to hear some ideas on this!

Kristi

P.S. I am NOT smoking, in real life :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Indiana Jane

Interesting...my association/feeling that this vessel is like an Ark...and I just clicked on another link to research more on Afghan Hounds and found this: "He was called 'the dog of Noah's Ark' by tribesmen hunters of Afghanistan."

An old, favorite song of mine, that was very inspirational for me many years ago. It fits well with this dream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAAHuZ3zhjo&feature=related

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Kristi,

a few days ago i read this dream for the first time, the i read Jerry's post "Secret Knowledge". Today i read your dream again and searched around the internet for meanings of "the Ark". When, after this, i read your dream again i suddenly had to think about that "Secret Knowledge" - post, especially the part about the power of the feminine...
In your dream you were in the toilet, when a second door opened..a door which you didn't know it existed...and this woman appeared...

The (first) door through which you entered the toilet...after when having been in the company of men...the second door where the woman appeared.

Somewhere i read about the Ark of the Covenant (you and the dog in the Ark) as a possible representation of the mind/consciousness in the soul...

I found it a "wow"-dream...the part where you suddenly 'become' that woman...

Greetings,
Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37, Holland

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Mask,

Thank you. It is a very important dream for me. I am making an ship/ark to honor this dream...to keep at my altar space. It is almost done. I will come back and share more on the dream...soon, hopefully. I keep finding so much in it, from it. For now, it also echoes this poem I wrote some few years ago.

Kristi

Ship of Dreams

I saw Her…
Sailing the seas
Her face in the waters
Her hair flowing wildly in the breeze

Collecting the sands of the shores
I saw Her building castles
Where few go anymore

Bravely, with Her breasts at the bow
She invited,
“Just follow me, I’ll show you how”

To the lands of depth of Heart
Harvesting treasure
I saw her move again and again, in and out

Marked with Beauty and Truth,
were Her lines and curves
“Listen, Child,” She said,
“Listen, to My words”

“Come, to My masts”
“Gaze the plenty painted on the horizon”
“Here, you will see through all pasts”

“Wholeness does not come ... one day… or soon”
“It is already here!”
“So, come, Little One,”

“Come, stand on My boom”
“For here, I have made you room”

All in a picture sent by She
And I dreamed a dream
…of Me

Copyright 2005 Kristi Parrotte

What precipitated this dream is a rather long and complex tale all together, but I will attempt to share it in briefest order possible.

First, it is definately symbolic of the hero/heroine's journey.

The symbols are all very fitting for me, when you consider my poem and the song from Styx, "Come Sail Away with Me." The song was sung in my 8th grade graduation ceremony. It, combined with another, caused every hair of my body to stand on end... It's about freedom/personal "sovereignty" (that is the name on the ship I created), knowing my value and worth. I had an older sister, now passed due AIDS, whom I used to exchange letters with from her prison cell during that time of my life. She knew the troubles I faced in my youth (they were hers, too) and she did what she could to encourage me, to give me strength and hope in light of the circumstances of my young life. She and I had a "very strong" bond. She in fact is the person who 'mothered' me in my earliest years. She also used to send me pictures that she drew, for she too was an artist, like myself. There was a particular picture and letter that the poem is written in memory of...in honor of Kim's influence and presence in my life. No doubt, the divine feminine (Love) was our mediator. She used to tell me that it was important for one to be/become "Captain of One's Own Ship." You can see this in the lyrics of the song by Styx. I was young, but she shared with me from a poetic and artistic spirit, as if I myself was an adult. She had to do so, because there was none other but myself to take care of me during those early years.

What is imminent for me is the reclaiming of my own autonomy...that freedom, personal sovereignty...coming to know my own self/Self. To do this, I have a lot of archeological (Indiana Jones/Jane is an archeologist) work to do.

I have been doing some significant inner work, and was in quite a space during the few days prior to this dream. The goddess-like essence of this dream is an example of those 'helping hands' that come our way when we follow our calling, are being true to one's own heart and soul, trusting where that calling takes us, even if the territory seems dangerous.

It was making my claim, staking my god-given right to mySelf, free from outside influence/agency (and particularly of a few specific individuals), that precipitated the dream.

I have been walking a spiritual path for some time now, but I have not been being true to my own self/Self. For a few years, I was quite entwined with one specific healer (shaman) who influenced me in ways that were not generic to my own self. I absorbed a significant degree of her psychic/psychological projections, both consciously intended by her and unconsciously projected. It was an unwitting thing on my part.

The shady side street on which I walk is reminiscent of a side street from my youth, adjacent to a set of railroad tracks. I am traveling in the direction of my home. I had an earlier dream which shows me running away (away from my childhood home) on these tracks, only to encounter the woman of me still behind a prison fence (a prisoner of childhood...I have been reading Alice Miller's work...I also worked in a prison for many years). In that dream, I returned to my childhood home. But, I have not continued that work in the way I should have.

When I woke from the dream of Indiana Jane (there were a couple other dreams this same night, too), it was with the strong thought impression, "I have not completed my task." The evening prior to the dream, I was reading from a Lexicon of Jungian terms, on neurosis, where he (Jung) says/indicates that what must be found it that which the person will not do... Which task is left undone...

As I walk with the men beside me, I have a form in my hand that is "not yet completed..." - "I'd rather be doing something else."

The, "I don't feel myself," matches an earlier dream of me in that prison...a dream in which the healer I mention is featured. In that dream, I also felt "not on task." I now feel that dream ("Gushing," is it's title, it is also posted here on the forum) was telling of my need to reclaim my masculine strengths, which were lost in my association with the healer, so that I could get back on "MY" task. Some things in that relationship were significantly out of balance ... hence the reason I undergo a full body abortion in that dream, after seeing/finding and feeling the sickness of what she put into me, a tile/mold of her (hence, not being true to my own self) in my womb area. Also, the "control center" in that dream was filled with all woman... Wrong. Way out of balance. The reason I was not on task is because I was not following my own "spirit" (but that of the healer I used to work with) part of which does include the ample masculine skills gained in my years in the military.

A warning to any who might ever consider work with an energy "healer:" Beware of shamans bearing magic wands! Investigate thoroughly any person you work with. You have a right to know as much as possible about anyone who wants to work with the energy of your body and psyche. If they are unwilling or not forthcoming with information of themselves, turn and walk the other way. If any inkling of doubt is ever raised, "listen to it, to yourself/Self." Nobody can give you anything you do not already have. Ultimately, nobody but you can heal you. This is truth. Everything else is nothing but "smoke and mirrors," so don't allow yourself to become fancied or mesmerized by "lightshows." Others can help, if they point you always back to your own self/Self, but be always very wary. When the curtain is opened, we find the wizard is just a simple, ordinary human like the rest of us humans.

"Door to door" can mean face-to-face, with mySelf, facing myself...knocking on the doors of my history, seeking my heart.

The hallway I walk through is the hallway of my current place of employment. Smoke... Well, can I say that it is okay to still enjoy them in my dreams! :) It is probably just a reflection of my coping mechanism, "Have a cigarette!" It was how my child-self coped with many things in life...numbing/escaping via the drug of nicotine. That numbing/escaping is what is being eliminated (toilet)...and then, the goddess energy appears, saying, "Come, follow me, I'll show you how!" I also have a very strong association with my analyst in this scene. I won't go into detail on that, but wanted to say it for integrity's sake.

Ark is synonymous with "shrine"... I was just sharing with my analyst that "I am a shrine." It is also a treasure (as in my poem), something of great value (me), a covenant with my Self.

That covers most of it.

Kristi

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Kristi,
I need to provide a response to your post before I completely overlook it. I will do so later today.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you, Jerry. I always look forward to your comments.

Kristi

Kristi,
A beautiful 'essay' I must say. A great summary of who you are and so much information why you are that person, the old and the new. Your evolution is inspiring. Your life does have meaning.

What is imminent for me is the reclaiming of my own autonomy...that freedom, personal sovereignty...coming to know my own self/Self. To do this, I have a lot of archaeological (Indiana Jones/Jane is an archaeologist) work to do.

This is great realization. There is still much work to be done, more 'digging' and research. It is often when you think you have arrived you realize you have only elevated yourself one step higher. There are so many steps to take, to follow, to realize.

The goddess-like essence of this dream is an example of those 'helping hands' that come our way when we follow our calling, are being true to one's own heart and soul, trusting where that calling takes us, even if the territory seems dangerous.

This is great knowledge. Knowing there are so 'helping hands' to help guide you along the path. Trusting in that even when danger seems imminent. You will be challenged time and time again but from those challenges you begin to understand 'secrets' of and about life. Only the experience of the journey reveals such secrets.

When I woke from the dream of Indiana Jane (there were a couple other dreams this same night, too), it was with the strong thought impression, "I have not completed my task."

This is the great challenge. To persevere and overcome whatever the task that may challenge you. They are many and varied, never ending it often seems. Only the true self will prevail in these challenges. Any thing less pushes you back and you have to start over again, and again, and again. Such is the life of those who refuse the call.

Nobody can give you anything you do not already have. Ultimately, nobody but you can heal you. This is truth.

This is the great truth. Healing comes from within. You posses the power for self healing. Only after the realizations of the 'inner knowledge' {the psychological conflicts} and an acceptance of the challenge {to go deeper into the depths of the unconscious} will truths come about.

"Come, follow me, I'll show you how!"

This is the great mystery. Beyond the normal life is that underlying mystery. Yet it is not a real mystery, it is merely the self seeking SELF. The journey is inward and the path is spiritual and creative. This is bliss, the true SELF. You are the shrine and the Holy Grail is within you. It is you, your SELF.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you, Jerry, for such affirming words. They mean much to me coming from a fellow journey-er. It is nearly my bedtime, so won't respond more now ... just peeked in and read this so did not want to go wihtout now saying, "thank you," for the affirmation.

Kristi

Jerry,

I imagine it will be a lifetime task of growing, perhaps never finally, ultimately "arriving" anywhere. I think in all the sorting, we are merely taking layers off. I think the ego co-opts (I know my ego has) so much of the journey, thinking 'it' was gaining something, becoming somebody... I think this is one of the mistakes that gets made time and again. I have made it time and again.

Truly, I feel like I am only just beginning.

As I read over your words, about being tested/ challenged, time and again, I keep hearing only that Love is the answer. I keep hearing inside of me, "What would Love do?" WWJD/WWBD?

Yes, so very much more work for me to do.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44, Kansas

stats from 7-14-10 to the present