Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bugs in a wound

I haven't spoken to my best friend in a couple years, and I'm pretty upset with her about it. I recently tried to contact her unsuccessfully. In my dream, I'm hanging out with her and her new friends at a record store. They aren't being mean, but they're kind of making fun of me most of the time.

Apropos of nothing, I notice a cut on the bottom of my right foot. And one by one, tiny cockroaches start crawling out. Each time one comes out, I can feel a squeezing pain by the wound, which keeps expanding with each bug. About 15 or 20 crawl out, and the wound has gotten very large. But there's no blood, and I can only see flesh, no bone. One much larger one squeezes out and I go to show the store owner. But when she looks, the bugs have stopped. Throughout the dream, no one saw or seemed to even notice anything was wrong.

Then my alarm rings and wakes me up..nothing I've found about bugs seems to address something like this. Especially because I am actually seeming to feel pain in my foot in the dream. I imagine it all has to do with the friend I'm upset with..any thoughts?

*EDIT* I just saw the age requirement. My apologies. Should I remove my post?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24, Louisiana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: bugs in a wound

Betsy,
The focus of the Dream Forum is on mid-life issues directed at those 30 years and older and I want to stay true to that venue. But I will provide a quick interpretation of your dream since there is a lull in posts.

The wound that is a part of your dream is an emotional wound. The cockroaches would suggest you need to cleanse yourself of these psychological conflicts and if you allow them to remain they only grow larger. Because you offered a suggestion of a conflict with an old friend it is probably safe to say these conflicts involve her. The 'new friends' probably represent a 'moral' compass of self regulation, you are mocking yourself for letting small conflicts grow into something larger and probably unwarranted. Consciously you may not yet realize how you feel about yourself in regard to the conflicts but unconsciously you know you should not let such a minor issue grow {the dream is a regulator for the conscious self, what you really feel or what is really true within the unconscious}. Your feet represent the 'ground' for those values you live by and to let the conflict with your best friend grow into something that keeps you apart is not who you really are.
Also, this 'best friend' is not only addressing the actual person but also represents another part of yourself {this is staying true to Jung's hypothesis that most dream symbols have at least two applications or meanings}. You are in conflict with yourself over the emotional stress and issues.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present