Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Give away

In this dream I had a feeling of restlessness, that I could not move because I have so much stuff. I saw a huge blue wave at the edge of the coast line and had the thought that this may be the end. The end of what I am not sure. I had a sense of regret that I had a responsibility to my place.
I went back and franticly started to fill up my car with art, albums, jewelry, statues and food. I was going around and giving away my things. Many of these things are beautiful but useless. One of the houses had kids and I gave them a box of food and milk. My idea of necessity was very impractical. Kept filling up my car and giving away my stuff and realized all I thought was so important was nothing to anyone else. One of the woman loved the jewelry and wore it right away.
I woke up with a literal warning that I am overwhelmed by where I am, holding on what was important to me yesterday. I have fear of not being able to move forward bound to past with sentimental, loyalty...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Give away

Pia,
It is quite likely the 'stuff' you possess and what is causing your restlessness has to do with emotional conflicts you have in your life. The blue wave and the responsibility of your place {control of those emotional aspects} may suggest you are doing something or seeking to do positive in alleviating the emotional conflicts.

The different items you fill 'yourself' with {the car is you} involves both valuable and invaluable possessions. I sense a conflict of outer and inner values, possibly earthly things, perhaps old values or relationships, versus inner values that would better your life if you could only find a way to achieve those goals {could this involve creative if not spiritual aspects?}. You may seek to better your life with 'emotional relationships' only realize they are transitory. You also may have a realization of what aspects best serve to better your life but let the outer emotions overrule those better qualities.

The waking feelings are always important. Emotionally you are probably overwhelmed with certain aspects of your life. You want to hold on to what is important from the past but you also need to move forward in life.
My sense is the mid-life thing is engaging you and like most who enter that phase of life you are unprepared for what to do . Perhaps this page from my website will provide some insights to this very worrisome stage of your life Mid-Life Issues For Men & Women.
I also sense there are emotional relationships {as is the norm at this stage of life} that are involved. Part of your need to move forward probably involves those issues.
In Jungian psyche the primary goal is to discover who you really are, that person who resides within but differs to the ego persona that wears a mask to hide that true self. We all tend to put more worth on what society, and social peers, expect and less on what is really important to the inner self. What Jung discovered, and what many of us who follow the Jungian philosophy of self examination {Individuation Process} is you must discover what it is that inner self needs, not what others expect. It primary involves the emotions and learning to take control of them instead of letting the emotions control you. Not an easy thing to do after 47 years of life but a necessity if you are to find balance and harmony for the rest of your life. Being emotionally controlled, that is the old stuff. Taking control of the emotions, that is progress, moving forward positively.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Jerry, I was off line for a few. I appreciate your wisdom in the mid life transition. Very literal dream as the feelings do reflect this wanting to move on and having many lose ends, responsibilities and stuff collected that does not reflect who I am currently. Hope you are doing well, much of what you say really helps me in waking life, Pia

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Pia,
Working to get ride of unneeded stuff, material and emotional, is a long road to travel. The one ingredient that I believe most important is discipline. In comparison of the two great icons I try to imitate spiritually, Jesus and the Buddha, the first had his disciples and the latter had his disciplines. Buddhism is a psychology. So is the path we travel in life. No matter how your life evolves it is the emotional self that determines the life. Discipline the emotional self so it does not control and you will succeed in the tasks in life. Not an easy thing to do.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present