Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old lady dying and green toilet

In the beginning of last week had the next dream:

It seemed that i was at work, though it was in a whole different setting. I was taking care of a very, very old (indonesian?) lady. She was really fragile, very ill and i knew she wouldn't make it for very long. With a collegue i tried to put her in a better bed...with a softer matras. It then looked as if i was doing other things for a short while and when i returned i saw my collegue had managed to put her in another bed. I looked at the old lady in the bed and saw something wasn't right. Part of her legs were hanging out. Clearly my collegue had put her in a bed that was too small. I studied the bed and finally saw that it was a krib. I took the lady out of the bed and carried her around for some time, knowing that her end was now very near and wanting to put her in the right bed.
The working place was at a pretty high level in a simple (wooden?) building, surrounded by the crowns of a lot of huge trees. I vaguely saw/knew that two of her children had visited her. I carried her to the windows, carrying her like a child on one my hips, her legs surrounding me. She hold me tight. I carried her to the windows because i knew lots of her family where down there, on the ground between the trees. I tried to get their attention, which was hard at first. I had their attention, oke, but it was hard to make them aware of the fact that i stood there to show her the lady for the last time...that she was going to die. At last they understood and all waved at her.
I layed her on the right bed then, with a soft matras. At a small table then i saw a young man sitting...i knew he was her son also, but it was only then that i understood that she hadn't had contact with him for lots of years and i was glad to know that he had come. He was talking to her, but i was a pretty wondered. He talked to here, but i didn't see his mouth moving. Next to him on the little table there was a television screen and his face was on tv. And on tv he was talking to her. I didn't understand this in the dream, found it quit strange.
Then it's a little later. The ady had died and i enter the room to take a look at her dead body. Her face already takes the form of the skull. While looking at her i am aware of the fact that i find it a little scary and also know that she will wake up. And this, she does. She opens her eyes and looks at me.
Then i go to the toilet. The toilet in my own house. It doesn't feel like a dream anymore, but like i am awake. I enter the toilet and notice tiny excrements on the ground. They make me think of a mouse. A little further i see some sawdust. I don't understand it. I don't have an animal in my toilet?! When i'm going to sit down i notice fresh green leaves behind the toilet on the floor. On it are several ladybugs. And when i almost sit down my shirt gets caught in a green plant at the wall behind the toilet, like it's growing out of the waterreservoir. It's a cumcumberplant with large yellow leaves. Again i am very amazed. Then i hear a knocking at my window and wake up...questioning myself wether this knocking was in my dream or in rl. Happily there was no-one at my window...

The old lady...about wisdom?
Indonesian...spiritual/unknown?
Curious...

Greetings,
Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37, Holland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Old lady dying and green toilet

Mask,
I will give my attention your two dreams later today or in the morning. My time 'is up' for this morning session. Off to confront the dragons of social duty. And a greatly needed workout at the gym.

Skinny is as skinny does. I like being 'skinny', and healthy. It is the only 'health insurance' I have.

Here is a photo of the skinny, and healthy me.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Mask,
I believe you pinned it correctly. Your spiritual wisdom. But there is something that is holding you back. Work, social duty? Our creative aspects can be very fragile when confronted with those tasks required in the world of social duty {something I have had to deal with on a grand scale since once again taking over managing the business full time}. The bed is too small. As with life we often make our creative/spiritual lives so small in comparison to social requirements.

Work is mentioned again. But having learned the knowledge of Jung {our secret knowledge] you are being carried by the feminine, perhaps a reference to relying on that goddess aspect. The young man, the son, that may be the animus that is maturing within. But communication is still lacking. Your unconscious is talking to you {tv talking to her}.

There may be a fear that to include the masculine the great feminine will die. That is not unusual {one of my fears when I closed the Dream Forum and losing an ability to read the dream-having returned I find it was an unfounded fear}. The great feminine is always present. She is part of the journey, and the wisdom learned from it.

The little things need to be let out. Since it is your 'waking life' it may be directed at the social duty aspects. But added together they have become a big annoyance and distraction, perhaps to the point you feel they are defining how you live {the toilet is my house}.

Anything green is a positive. Removing the psychological barriers {green behind the wall} is the great task in achieving balance and harmony. The knocking is both conscious and unconscious. Answer the door and go to the other side where there are greener pastures.
Is that your animus calling? The will and strenght to proceed, and succeed?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Well, hi again Jerry and i must say i'm in a WOW-moment right now.

I've read both your thoughts about my 2 dreams a few days ago and several times looked at them again but didn't know what to answer.
When i just finished my reply to your thoughts on my 'Dismissed' dream i went outside for a moment and suddenly 'saw it'. I am doing what i did a few years ago. About 2 years ago i sort of broke down and didn't work for about 2 months. I was too emotional, totally worn out. I then learned that i had made my work 'the most important thing in my life'. I needed to make money, so work came first. I had vague dreams, wishes but some things and persons had let me down and things just became a much too heavy weight on me. Though i must say, that by calling in sick and looking for help is already a step into the right direction instead of a brake down.

Well after having finished my reply to your thoughts i suddenly saw that i'm travelling that same path again, trying to manage myself at work...trying harder and harder there...being too tired to do the things i really like. And it was then that i remembered what you had written in your reply to the 'old lady dying'-dream. A few days ago i just didn't see what you meant with 'work', but it's just 'work' is in daily life and you were so right there! Thank you!

I even recognized the small house in England and the large house in Holland in the 'old lady dying'-dream.

I bought a large house in Holland after i started a relationship with the teacher...this is where the masculine gets included.
The small house in England which i will keep to get back to every now and then would be the great feminine. Like you said...she won't die, she's always present. The goddess...call it the angel (England, Engeland, Angelland). This could even give Holuraziel (holy Raziel...the angel...the book of secrets) a place in my own dreamsymbolism.

I wasn't able to see your thoughts on my toilet-mouse either till now. I had been thinking about what this mouse could mean, but had no clue, since i'm not afraid of mice even if they would be in my house.
In the dream i discovered sawdust in the toilet. Sawdust is used when one keeps a pet, so the mouse is a consciously kept pet in my house...a housemouse...and i think this is symbolizing me. I'm keeping myself homebound. Not as much literally, but even more figurarly. Not crossing any bounderies...keeping my (real) self inside of me.

I loved the image of the cucumberplant with yellow flowers and the fresh green leaves with ladybugs in the toilet. Green, growth, health, love...it somehow feels like it's saying: 'it is all there and there would be even so much more if you just would...'.

What i just thought of: in the dream someone put the old lady in a bed that is too small (a krib). I thought about the name of this person and found that in english this name is 'nothing'...'any'...So, where 'nothing' or 'nobody' is putting the old lady in a too small bed it might be saying i sell myself short.

Greetings,
Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37, Holland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present