Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Corset, Shorts & Liar

Hello. I had a strange dream last night and wondered if it has any meaning. Some details are fuzzy but I know I had some type of gathering at my home. There were 2 of my family members, uncle and mom. But the other people I didn't know. This girl was there with a man. I don't know who they were but I felt in the dream that the man held some significance to me. This girl kept saying that I cut her corset. It was pink and made of satin. She wore white jean shorts. I remember cutting upward slits on the outside of the thigh part of the shorts only as she asked me to. But she began causing a scene lying to everyone at the party saying that I cut her corset. People started gathering around me and attacking me both verbally and physically by pushing me. No one believed that I did nothing to this girl. Not even my mother. I remember becoming enraged and wanting to hurt this girl. Sometime after all the commotion simmered down my mom, uncle and I were alone in my bedroom talking while the party continued. I heard someone come through the door into the house. I announced to my mom and uncle "Joe Smith is here.". Joe Smith is my grandmother's deceased husband who died when I was about 2 or 3. His image in the dream was very vivid. I knew exactly who he was and that he wasn't suppose to be there. End of dream. I know that the corset and the shorts do have dream meaning but I can't seem to piece it all together to make since of it. Whatever you can tell me helps. Thank You.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 in Westland MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Corset, Shorts & Liar

Deanna,
This '{girl' is you. The corset is a need to cut hose restraints that are been held back from conscious understanding {unconsciously you are aware of certain experiences but consciously you are holding back from acknowledging and confronting them}. The parties involved{uncle and mom} probably played a role in these experiences. Especially the '{man' is significant.

Those people attacking you may be real people in your waking life but probably represent you attacking your inner self {unconscious guilt}. You may be in actual waking experiences wanting/trying to hurt yourself.

Your grandmother's deceased husband enters. The '{Joe Smith' may represent a generic application to something that is vague in your memory {Joe Smith being a common name and used when there is a need/desire not to reveal the truth}. This man is not supposed to be there, perhaps meaning actions on his part were not supposed to be.

The age 2 or 3 is important. Most always when age is included in a dream it is in reference to that period of time in the dreamer's life. At such an early age experiences are not usually consciously remembered. But unconsciously, and we now know that such memories are stored within the psyche even at an early age, they remain.

Have there been past traumatic experiences involving 'family men' that you may have locked away or repressed? A corset is something that holds things in, very tight.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Oh my God. You just blew me away. You're so accurate. Thank you soo much for taking the time to do what you do here. I know exactly what the dream is referring to. I do believe it's about time to confront this matter. Jerry you are the man. Thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35 in Westland MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Deana,
I am glad I could be of help. Jungian psyche is pretty much a precise method for interpreting dreams. Dreams are not the mystery there were once were because of Jung's philosophy. You may want to read up on Jung's approach with my page A Simple Guide to Dreams. Follow the links at the top of each page to get a good education on dreams, the unconscious, and the psyche. Jung also offers a great method of self analysis for those who are at that mid-life stage. That page is The Individuation Process.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present