Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jumping off a cliff

Hi Jerry. It´s been a while.. So much to do, but things are getting better day by day!

This morning I had a dream that I really would like your input on.
I was out strolling with my youngest daughter. She was sleeping. Down the street from our house I ran into her father, and he stopped me and started to talk about how he wanted to spend time with her, and take her with him to the place where he lives with his new girlfriend. (in real life he has shown very little intrest in her since she was born, and he sees her for about an hour a week, when he comes to pick up our eldest daughter. Him spending time with the baby always happens at my place)
I got really angry and said: NO, you never bother to take the time to get to know her, so how can you think you can just take her with you? And I got on about how he is totally dominated by his new girlfriend who won´t let him spend time here, and that he is pathetic and that it is he himself, not me, who has made the choice to not get involved in her life.
I walked on in anger, and in the next moment i was standing on a narrow "shelf" high up in a steep cliff wall. Below me I could see the deep blue ocean, and I could tell it was a long way down, because I could see seagals flying in circles far below me. The cliff was red/orange and the sun was shining. I was holding my baby in my arms, and I had to be very careful when I put her back in the stroller. As I did this, and was thinking of how careful I had to be so we wouldn´t fall off the cliff, I suddenly felt pretty sure that this was just a dream. "Then, this would be a perfect place for trying to fly", I thought. And then I just held on to the stroller, and jumped off the shelf. For half a second we fell, but then the old familiar feeling of beeing carried upwards by an inner force came over me, and I was flying with the stroller, upwards in the air. This feeling is so extatic, it is like a tingeling sensatieon that rushes through the whole body in waves. As a child I experienced flying in dreams very often, but now it had been ages since the last time. So I was a bit disappointed when I woke up almost emmidiately..

I can mention that the night before, I took sort of an emotional leap, by telling a man that I´ve slowly been getting to know the last seven months (first online and lately also face to face) that I´m thinking of him a lot. I´m sure he already knows, but saying it directly was not easy for me, because my confidence with men is not so good as a result of the horrible brake-up between me and my ex.
The effect of this "leap" is not yet clear as the communication was by text-messages, and we have been moving very slowly and carefully in the process of getting to know each other.. But he seemed to think it was a good thing. I am really eager to move closer to him, he has been supporting me all through the winter by taking the time to have a chat online almost daily and showing so much empathy and consideration for me and the girls. Lately we have met a few times, and it has been very nice. I feel that he really likes me, but I have of course this fear that he will suddenly disappear or withdraw (wonder why THAT is, haha!)

This dream left me feeling very optimistic, but i would like to know what you think of it as well..

Hoping for more time to post dreams from now on!

best wishes
Pippi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Jumping off a cliff

Ianna,
Welcome back. It is great to learn you are feeling optimistic. And how is Pippi Longstocking?

Let me look at your dream later in the day. Over the past two years I have once again taken to managing the 'family' business full time and those 'social dragons' require me to start early {and often end late} in having to deal with those responsibilities. The upside is it has been a great year for the business and I attribute that to the spiritual aspect, my desire and efforts to do what is right in dealing with people and doing 'the right and ethic thing'. It is not a religious thing, it is a natural spiritual aspect that must be utilzied in living life. As the saying goes, 'what goes around comes around' and when the spiritual aspect has taken control good deeds leads to good results {the spiritual being the death and resurrection of the ego-centered self, with the spiritual SELF controlling the life and not the ego-centered, materialistic self}. I feel it important to remember when one can not be in that 'blissful' place in life and has to deal with the social world one must live the spiritual life in lue of being creative {when I must serve the social dragon I must do it on a spiritual level}. Jung made this an important aspect of living life and when those patients learned to live a spiritual life they were cured of whatever psychological malodies that ailed them. We are all students of the psychological self within.

But I digress. I will take a long look and provide my thoughts later today or in the morning.
Once again, it is great to know you are feeling optmistic. Let's hope we can keep those feelings.
twat twam asi

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Inna,
The first part of the dream is depicting your true feelings about your youngest daughter's father. But it may also be addressing emotions about your relationship with your father. Dreams are not usually so straightforward in its language {true feelings about Youngest daughter's father} thus the focus of the dream would be addressing more than one emotional aspect. Something that is 'sleeping with you' {youngest daughter sleeping}. As with your own father the relationship of your youngest daughter, at an early age when the psyche is so dependent on the need for love and acceptance by the parents, is, and was in your experience as an infant, not there. Knowing this will be an experience you should remember as she grows older to help you understand any emotional reactions she has toward her father, or in general {look to how you reacted as a child and early teen to learn how how she may react as she ages}. This aspect of the dream may be the most important part. You should be aware of the future consequences of the non-relationship between father and daughter, just as you experienced the same non-relationship {even when a father is present but does not provide adequate love is a non-relationship}.
As in Jung's instruction, the dream is always addressing at least two issues with every dream experience.

The second part may also be addressing the same subject, {how careful you need to be with your daughter because of the same experiences you had as a child. You are not 'whole' because of your childhood experiences and those experiences still remain in the back of your mind {seagulls flying in circles below-anything below is a reference to the unconscious-circles represent the need/desire for wholeness/healing}. You fear, albeit unconscious, is your daughter is living the same experience as you when you were a child.
Perhaps the best evidence of this is your statement, 'As a child I experienced flying in dreams very often'. Like mother like daughter. Flying is a true childhood experience depicting the natural positive attitude children possess. You are still trying to re-create that positive aspect and wish the same for your daughter.
And there is a fear of failing {falling}. The dream, and your own strong will, is looking to the positive. As with the negative memories from early childhood, the positive memories also remain and will provide a 'tingling'. It is a part of the deep psyche that never forgets its roots, the natural aspect of life that evolves as the psyche grows with experience {nature provides the tools for survival of the fittest}.

The positive feelings you have a are encouraging. But you are a practical person. Build on the positive but always remain weary of the unseen. Look at things in a practical way and don't let the emotions rule. Perhaps the most important lesson to be learned from Jungian psyche is to learn to control the emotions, and not let them control you. That in itself, it is an unconscious positive force, will provide a positive outcome in your life.

Always be careful of on-line friendships. One thing I have leaned is people use the internet to create a persona they wish to possess while all along being something different. It is so easy to do, speaking by typing the words far from the person they are directing their false self to. Not to say everyone does it but a great many do. Be weary, be practical, don't let the emotions of the unknown get over on you.

Overall I believe the dream is important because it reveals what is deep within you, the experiences you had as a child being an example of what you can expect from your daughters. They are sharing many of the same experiences and you can expect many of the same responses you gave when you were growing up. Again, like mother like child. That is a positive in itself, knowing the unknown.

I do sense a positive attitude you are creating for yourself as you take each day and make the most of them. I can remember my mother raising four children and how she overcame all the obstacles. She, you, and all mothers who give to their children in this way are heroines, sacrificing for their children. Campbell's formula for being a hero is just that, sacrificing oneself for the other. There is no greater hero deed than being a loving mother.

{In most myths the father is always on a quest, leaving the home to seek adventure. The mother is almost always the teacher/nurturer for the young}

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry.
So sorry for the very late response to this one. Time just seems to fly by so fast, and I have so much going on. Most of it is great stuff, but I have trouble finding time and to focus and remember things.

As always I feel that your interpretation clarifies and adds to my own thoughts. It is good to have you reminding me how the aspects in my dreams (especially those involving my daughters) reflects issues from my own childhood as well. In this case, after reading your thoughts, I saw that very clearly.
My own experiences with not having a father figure is a very important influence on how I view things when it comes to raising my own children. I think I get my own emotions mixed in sometimes, and I forget that my daughters have something I lacked myself- a mother who is constantly trying to see things like they really are, and not feeing away from whatever is unpleasant, but trying to face all aspects of life.

I thank you for the advice regarding online friendships. I´m very aware of the difference between chatting online and getting to know someone face to face. I must say that this man I mentioned is actually someone I knew quite a bit before we started chatting, and I know a lot about him. We are seeing each other quite often now, as we are working together on a project with some other friends. We are just friends for now, and I am really concentrating to keep my eyes open. ( I guess I have learnt a bit from my past..) He has intellect, spiritual depth, humor, defined values and high morals, and he is very sensitive and caring. And so much fun to be around, and he makes me feel like... all that, in all ways! The combination of strength in character and emotional depth he is showing me is really something I haven´t seen in many men. So I have a feeling we´re not staying "just friends" forever.. Time will show. There is no rush.

I had a new dream this morning that was very intense, and in some ways I think maybe it is adressing some of the same issues this dream did. I´m curious to hear what you think, and if you can se some sort of "development" in how the issues are represented. I´ll make a new post right away.
Again, I apologize for not giving response before.

Inanna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 31 Norway

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Inanna,
Always great to hear from you. I will take a good look at your dream in the morning and provide my thoughts. I am happy to hear that your new relationship is working out. But that is not surprising because for anyone who has the great strength you possess and who follows a path of the heroic journey of self discovery, good things are bound to come your way. Stay the course and you will realize those conscious dreams you so readily deserve. Nature has its way of seeing that such things do occur.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present