Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
running over a person with a car

Hi all, very vivid dream last night that I would like some help with. I was driving in my small blue car past a swimming hole area near where I used to live. I was going quite slowly as it was speed restricted area for pedestrians. I had time to notice the families picnicing on the green sloping lawn, throwing balls, etc to the left of me and then on the other side of the swimming area there were young men jumping off the steep sand bars into the water. It was very sunny and bright. I got to the end of the speed restricted area and just as I pressed the accelerator a young woman - probably early teens - in dark blue close fitting shirt and shorts stepped out from the right side directly in front of my car. I only had time to lift my foot off the accelerator before I hit her. She flew up on the bonnet of the car and hit the windscreen before flying off a long way down the road. Far enough for me to have to drive purposefully down there and pull up beside her on the side of the road. As I was driving down there I saw a man come from the right side and scoop her up and carry her to the side of the road. I was very distressed because he had moved her (spinal injuries etc) but I also knew that he was her father and he thought she was dead. I was trying to phone the emergency services at the same time but my phone would not work. After three tries I got through to the operator and for some reason said police (I was feeling terribly guilty) but I knew the ambulance would be coming too. I got out of the car and checked the girl out (she had got younger by now). She was alive. I asked the man who was by now hugging her to his chest while he was kneeling to lay her out flat (again thinking first aid). He glared at me with tears running down his face shouting at me that I was a murderer The next scene was me standing by my car as the police checked out the really minor dent in the front of the car where the girl had actually hit the car and then the enormous dent that had appeared on the left side of the roof of the car (remember we drive on the left side of the road with the steering wheel on the right of the car!). The cop was telling me that it appeared that the car may have been in a bad accident prior to me buying it that made if structurally weak and that is why it had such a big dent.
There was heaps more scenes after this but this is the vivid part of the dream. Any interpretation would be helpful. Thanks, Lesley

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47, Melbourne, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: running over a person with a car

Lesley,
My sense is the dream is addressing experiences having to do with the past, good experiences but with some negative influences that are still in conflict. This may be a time when you were going 'full speed' in your life, as a young woman, in a place you used to live. A relatively 'bright and sunny' time in your life.

The dream may also be addressing your overall attitude in life, a positive one. This is the 'left' of you. On the 'right', the opposite of your positive self is an experience that was of a negative impact. This may be referencing the overall affect it has had on your life, possibly have some emotional influence to your personality. Dreams will often reveal the underlying causes to personality.

The girl you ran over IS yourself. Something about those teen years {early teen} has left you feeling 'run over' emotionally. So much so it has 'thrown' you a good distance away from who you really are. Or interfered with that usually positive self.

The man, who was your father, was supposedly dead. Is you father alive? If not when did he die? If he is alive it may be metaphor for something about the relationship with him had died. There is guilt on your part due to some aspect of this relationship. Something that had its beginning earlier in life {younger girl}. This may misplaced guilt, something you blame yourself for while in reality it was not your doing. This is usual when there are negative experiences earlier in life, the child blames him/herself for something she/he had no control over. But the guilt remains, at least until it is confronted, analyzed and put into proper perspective.
Again, your father seems to be a part of this emotional conflict that has yet to be resolved.

The car {you} had been 'wrecked previously. Emotionally these past experiences have 'left' a huge impact on your life. But it may be something that is more an unconscious thing in your waking life {right side of you}. That would suggest you are now starting to deal with the emotional aspects of these past experiences {something that is usual for the mid-life years}. The overall experiences may have 'left' you 'structurally' weak, a reference to your emotional self overall, and throughout life. Unconsciously this may have been a controlling agent in your life. When you think about these past experiences there is an emotional response that you usually would not feel since it has been pushed back into the unconscious.

At mid-life these issues start to resurface and the emotional impact is felt. The mid to late 40s is when such emotional issues begin to become show themselves. It is time to put these issues into perspective. By doing so you will become a better person, having dealt with the emotions from these experiences. They must be confronted before the healing can begin.

What experiences from earlier life could this involve? And how would your father fit in with these emotional issues?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for you reply Jerry. Very insightful. My earlier teen years were not happy and very confusing. My mother was the undoubted boss in our house when I was growing up and ran roughshod over my father. He did not and has not played a significant role in my life. He is still alive. I remember demanding that he stand up for himself by asking "how can you let her (my mother) talk to us and you like that?" and he answered "thats just the way she is." I think my early teens was when I recognised that my family was very dysfunctional. I did not have any friends to confide in and counselling just did not exist in country Australia back then so I withdrew into my fantasy books. As you say the mid to late 40s are when you want to balance things up. This dream reflects that I still miss my father desperately. I agree with you that this dream reflects some very deep issues involved with me trying to grow up but I haven't finished the work yet. Sigh. Lesley

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Lesley,
I do appreciate for your response. It does reveal there is in fact an existing emotional conflict having to do with your father. Childhood and early life experiences have a huge determination how the adult life turns out. To reconcile this is important. Looking deeper into the past and the path you have taken in your journey will help in that resolve. It is time consuming and can be emotionally hard. But to put it all into proper perspective, that is the healing agent that finally let's you 'grow up'. The lack of a good relationship with your father stunted your personal growth. Mid-life is a time when you can retrieve the initiative to resume that growth. It takes discipline. But it is well worth the effort since in the end it will help you discover how to live a balanced and harmonious life. That is the path of the hero/heroine, to achieve that balance and find that harmony. And it comes from within.

As life unfolds we find it is a psychological journey

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present