Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front door, lions, wedding dress and window to darkness

Hello!

I've had this dream for a few times this week. It felt very strong and I woke up quite in strange mood. So, I'd deeply appreciate some ideas about it. Here it is:

I'm living in a different house. It's very small, but cozy and it's just mine. It's hidden, but close to my family, so I can take care of them by distance. Nobody knows where I live. I feel very happy.

One day I go shopping for food, then, when I return, the front door is smashed into pieces and there are two lions and two lionesses keeping me from entering my own house. They get me very scared, and won't seem to leave. So, I get back to my family's house.

There, I'm always locked in my room. I sleep during the day and spend the night trying out wedding outfits. Then, at one time, I open the window looking for my future husband, and I see a dead city. It's all dark. No single light on, nobody at all. It feels haunting, horrible. I wake up at this part.

This dreams makes me very upset in a way I can't explain. What do you have to say?

Thanks!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - BR

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: Front door, lions, wedding dress and window to darkness

Natalia,
This dream house is a part of you, a different part of you that you may not be consciously aware of. It is a part of you that is kept 'hidden away'. It is close to who you really are and perhaps different from your waking ego personality. It may suggest you are holding your true self, or your true emotions in, which may cause internal conflicts.

Your family may represent actual family relationships {as well as the family being all the aspects that make up who you are}. Do you have a close knit relationship with your waking family? Or is it you wish you did? This part of your life may be in conflict.

If the family is a metaphor for all your the aspects that make up your psyche then it would be speaking to the closeness, or desired/needed closeness to this particular part of you that is represented by 'the different house'. And kept hidden away.

Food in a dream often symbolizes emotional nourishment. The 'opening' to this part of 'your house' is smashed into pieces. This may be saying something about the emotional relationship with your 'family'. Again, if not your waking family a relationship with yourself, that different part of you that is 'hidden away', or hidden emotions. Very likely they are addressing both your waking family as that part of you that is 'hidden away', hiding the emotions {in Jungian psyche dreams have at least two meanings or applications}.

The lions and lionesses may represent duality, or the two aspects of who you are. The waking self and that 'hidden away' aspect of your true self. There is a need for balance {two sets of each balance each other out} in this aspect of your life. You retreat to your 'family's house' which may speak to retreating inward where you hold in the emotions. It may also speak to 'retreating' to that family unit where the conflicts reside.

The last part of the dream is probably referring to actual waking experiences. Locking away the emotions due to 'family' relationships. You may be actually wanting to 'wed', or it may be metaphor for a desire to bring these conflicting emotions together and resolving the conflicts. When you look at your waking life you can only see a 'dead city'. This city is all that you are, all the aspects of your psyche. You may have feelings of hopelessness in your waking life.

Look at your life and see what is indeed in conflict. Is there conflicts with your family? Are you holding the 'real you' in, or holding in the true emotions?
This seems to be the central theme of the dream. Whether it is primarily focused on your real family or more so on that 'inner' family is something you can only determine. Your follow up reply will probably reveal which it is.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi!
Thank you a lot for your interpretation. It's given me some very good insights. I wish I could explain ore about my situation, but then I'd have to expose a lot of intimacy.
Thanks again! It was really helpful!
Peace! And once again, congratulations for your work here!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 - BR

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Natalia,
No more explanation needed. As long as the interpretation provides insights to internal/external conflicts then you can take it from there. If you should wish to post other dreams you feel important you can do so and not have to share information you feel too personal.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present