Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forced amputation

I was at work, in some kind of conference room. We were having a meeting, but that was stopped when an intruder came in. He was an evil man, and he was there to force various amputations on us. The building we were in turned into more of a home, but the conference room stayed the same. I started wandering the house seeing the variety of amputations that had happened. He had taken both legs of a woman, and given her long, smooth, wooden legs, they were almost like beach wood. A man showed me that he had only cut off the bottom part of his ear. I had hoped that would be all he would do to me, and while I was wandering the house I was trying to figure out what of mine he was going to cut off, hoping that it wouldn't be a limb, or something that would disfigure me. Some people were even making suggestions as to what he could take off, like one person had a really large nose. I came into a bedroom of a little girl, and her mother came in, and I told her that I was sorry, and I was looking for a water fountain. She said it was alright, and her husband came in, and they took the girl and fleed from the house. I came to another room, and one of the professors from my old school was there, and he too was going to flee. He was trying to convince his elderly mother to come with, but she wrapped her arm around my shoulders and took a picture of us. I some how knew that if I did run away he would find me, and make things much worse. So, I stayed and waited in the hallway outside the door of the conference room. People were dwindling down, and I was getting really nervous, thinking that if I were good he would go easy on me, and while thinking of what he could possibly cut off I realized that he was going to cut off my breasts. A man in front of me was wearing a jacket with a bull on the back, and it glowed red to indicated that it was his turn next. The man held up a glove with the finger tips cut off to indicated that a little girl was going to lose hers. I peaked into the conference hall, and there were many people laying down on tables, and there were two little girls crying while holding suckers. He came to me in the hall and gave me an injection in the arm, and told me to into the conference room. "Yes sir" I said

And then I woke up
So, I'll never know what part of my body I lost.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Forced amputation

Owl,
Being in such an early stage of life it is important to understand whether this dream is addressing deeper emotional issues from your past, or more recent experiences in your current waking life. Are you in presently school where there are professors? If not are there early life experiences that have left '{amputated' parts that are necessary for a truly balanced and harmonious life. If there are professors in your current life then the dream may simply be addressing stressful aspects in dealing with those relationships. f you are a very emotional type you may feel one particular teacher being too hard on you, which would be represented in the symbolic language of cutting away different parts of your body. You wish this teacher would 'go easy' on you instead of being so hard.

Looking back at your previous post Alice in Wonderland we can see where the stress of school could very well be the main theme of the dream. But since there is that inclusion of the 'little girl' {which would be you} the dream is probably addressing personality aspects and why you possess such traits. Dreams usually address more than one aspect of the dreamers life and while the primary focus may be on the current stressful situations in your life, the little girl part would address the causation to why you react as you do to a particular experience in your current waking life. Tying the two together would require a deeper examination of your whole life. And since the dream did end with two little girls crying while holding suckers the underlying unconscious aspects of the dream may be overall as important {do you have a sister?}. The 'yes sir' may have to do with father experiences that have carried over to early adulthood, the obedience being something instilled, if not forced, at an early age. There may be a rebellion to that {or not}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hmm well I never had the professor that was in my dream, I just saw him walk around my department a lot. I also graduated from school 7 months ago

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Owl,
The professor that was in your dream need only be a psychological influence. I am sure if analyzed more the associations would be found. But being 23, and with the focus being on those in the mid-life years, I must refrain from getting too involved with the possibilities. Dreams of a younger person usually require much more in-depth study since those dreams are more about current life issues. An older person's dreams focus more on the past and not personal issues that only the dreamer can discern. My desire is to put an emphasis on those who are at or beyond the mid-life stage since I have already endured those experiences. Look back at your other posted dream and see what 'emotions' were involved there. Most likely they have something to do with the emotions of this dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present