Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Town Tour, Lost Purse, Judge

I am wandering through an old town with a square in the middle. A crowd is in front of me, listening to a speaker talk about one of the buildings. They are in the street that surrounds the square and I am standing on the back curb of the street that surrounds the square. I start to walk away and meander across the square to another area where there is a stand and someone is selling something. I want one of what they are selling (I remember it was inexpensive) but when I go for my purse, I don't have it and have that sinking feeling that I've lost it again (this is a reoccuring dream). I go back to where I was standing before, and my purse is on the ground. I am relieved to find it but when I look inside, my wallet is gone. I see three to four young, teenaged boys. I am certain these are the boys that took my wallet. While we (the crowd, boys and me) are waiting for a train to take us back to how we got here, I am anxious to call the police to get these boys and my wallet back. There is a kiosk with a phone. The middle buttons are 411, 0, 6xx but there is no button for 911. I am now very anxious that the train will come and the boys will get away. I ask my sister Anne for help. She finds the 911 button way at the top of the screen and I press it. A female police officer arrives and I have already begun to talk to one of the boys. He says he has pictures of what was in my wallet on his cellphone. I tell him I don't care what's in his cellphone, I want to know where my stuff is from my wallet(credit cards). He says in front of the policewoman that they tossed the stuff in the woods near the State Prison. I ask where that is and the policewoman tells me that I am not going to get my stuff back. I forgive the kid that tries to give up his cellphone contents to me (he reminds me of my brother's son). The other two or three boys are in the crowd and not involved or acknowledging the conversation. I'm pretty sure the boys are not arrested or confronted by the policewoman.

I then go to another building on the square to see someone who I worked with/for back in the '80s in advertising and haven't seen since. When I get in the building, I see her and say hello. There are a lot of other people in the room as well. Then a female judge walks in who we all greatly admire for being very fair. She has on a slate blue blouse and is rather plain looking. She draws an audience around her, including me. It seems she is there to speak or this is a reception for her. I remember feeling in awe of her..not overwhelmed like celebrity, just a high level of respect.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 yrs and GA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Old Town Tour, Lost Purse, Judge

Lisa,
I sense the same themes in this dream as the others. The old town would be your past, the square and middle would be a need/desire to center yourself in the present but there are 'tall' issues that keep you from that {one of the buildings- one part of you}. The purse is those values that make up who you are.

But perhaps the language gets away from total symbolism and states a truth. "I've lost it again". Could that be a statement of actual losing something, perhaps an emotional lose or even a loss of temper? This may getting to actual personality traits that are affecting how you act.

Then there are the 'boys'. Although the primary focus would be attaining wholeness as an adult, there may be actual past experiences when you a youth that involved boys. In other dreams there are the men. That may be speaking to masculine aspects which could include actual experiences of men/boys. There may be that shared experience at play.
In this dream there is a 'forgiveness' of one of the boys {who reminds you of your BROTHER'S son}.

The change of scenery to the 80s. This may be speaking to a time where you felt better about yourself and your life. Since all the characters are generic they probably represent different aspects of yourself. You are the judge that is fair, an admiration of a quality about yourself. This part of you draws an audience, a positive aspect you possess{ed}. Was this time in your life different from the present time? If so why, what was so different? Did you have more control over your emotions. Or your life in general?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

The 80s were a period of my life when my career was soaring, my financial status never better, I was gaining self-confidence (always elusive until then) through work, discovering that I was smart (grew up in my family feeling dumb; I was youngest and most creative, free thinking), I accomplished a great deal, was rewarded with promotions and honors (chosen from all of MW as 'young turk' account exec), I didn't need anyone and was totally in charge and independant for my life. Today, I feel satisfied enough but not nearly as fulfilled (although I realize my life in the 80s was not 'whole') and I want someone to share my life now as constant companion, someone to be in my corner (and not a member of my family), someone to protect me and help me grow. Career isn't important but it pays the bills. I sometimes enjoy it but it is a JOB. As for the 'boys' in this dream, I think we've pretty much concluded that the male gender (starting with my father) hasn't been a good source of trust and comfort in my life. I have unconsciously chosen men who were emotionally unavailable or married men to resolve not having my dad there for me and/or to avoid being "trapped". I am commitment phobic. "I've lost it again" may have to do the conversation I had with my "b/f" the night of this dream in which I said I didn't feel we were bf/gf, I was exploring my dreams to learn who I am, and didn't feel we were headed toward anything further. "I've lost it again" could mean I've shut down again, put up a wall, or lost it emotionally with my sudden outpouring of feelings about the relationship, although he opened the door. I did feel out of control during the conversation and afterward and Type As don't like being out of control.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56 GA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Lisa,
It all does seem to fit doesn't it? The good times of the 80s in your life and the symbolic positive representations in the dream about the 80s, there are in accord. Credit Jungian theories of the dream for whatever understanding we discover.

"I've shut down again, put up a wall, or lost it emotionally with my sudden outpouring of feelings about the relationship, although he opened the door".
The conflict in the relationship with your 'boy friend' probably needs some type of resolution. Your inability to 'trust' men is a problem do doubt but just to what extent is has in this part of your life may need deeper examination. You do need to confront those issues {trusting men} if you want to have that relationship you wish for. These are deeper issues that may require help from someone who is trained in psychology.

As for that creative self. That too could a lesser issue in your life, on the surface. But in Jungian psyche it is the creative aspect where we find our highest potential, our true being. For someone like myself who has been married three time, and divorced the same number of times, my mistress for the past 18 years has been my creative self. Myths-Dreams-Symbols is an offspring of that relationship as is my work with dreams and exploration of the deeper psyche. As I sit here in the early morning hours addressing the posts at the Dream Forum and providing my thoughts to the dreams, I am in that most blissful state of being, that place I love most. If not for the requirements of social obligations {my responsibilities to my business/work} I would be in total bliss. Jung, and Campbell both promoted this 'feminine' aspect of the psyche as the correct road to a harmonious life, even when there is an absence of any other 'love' in ones life. But to get there one must overcome those other 'psyche' conflicts, those that are formed from earlier life. Working on those inner conflicts and at the same time looking to resurrect the creative self, that is the heroic journey that is what life is all about. The myths speak about them, in different forms and speech, but they are a reflection of the deepest desires of the soul. Following your bliss is an endeavor to fulfill the soul's greatest desire. The metaphoric reference of the Holy Grail can be explained if one only look at the symbol as a reference to the soul and not some material thing. It is not an outer search that is required to discover the Grail, it is an inner search.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present