Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Maghadi

I'm in a house in Vermont. It's night time and there's a clear night with a full moon. I've come to the party with band mates, though they aren't actually in the dream. They're somewhere else in the house. I'm in a living room area and I meet a woman who is Indian looking. No accent. She's tiny, shorter than me and she has long black hair and very dark eyes. She finds me funny and we are having fun talking and getting to know one another. At some point, she looks for something in her purse and she removed her wallet and lays it on the table. She excuses herself to go to the bathroom and I look down and see her driver's license and her first name is Maghadi and her last name is very long and Indian and I don't remember it. When she returns I ask her about her name and I ask if people call her "Maggie". She says she hates that nickname and that she goes by "Julia". There's a hound and I pet and interact with the dog a bit. I don't know anyone else in the house but everyone is talking and partying and it's a good time. Maghadi asks me if I can give her a ride to her house so I take her there. She lives alone and when we arrive, we spend time holding one another and kissing a bit but the dream doesn't get explicitly erotic. I woke from this dream four different times and went back to the same dream each time. Dream is 4 years old if that means anything. The following day, I wrote a song about the dream and will post all of it if relevant. It starts with "I met the love of my life, the one of my dreams, In the land where the mountains are green...Her eyes were as black as the Color of night, And they shone like the stars for me. Her name was Maghadi, And she called herself Julia, But she'll always be Maggie to me".

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 NH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Maghadi

Barson,
My time is limited this morning {as we all must do in life, the realities of life summon me-it is called WORK/JOB} but I do want to take what time I have and provide my thoughts, and later a more detailed response.

This dark eyed woman with long black hair is your inner feminine self seeking attention. When such a figure is a prominent image in a dream {mine was Kali, the Black One, the Hindu Goddess of time and change} it usually comes at a time in life when major changes are taking place or should be taking place in the dreamer's life. The feminine self more often is reflective of our creative and/or spiritual aspects. This seems to fit with your past, 4 years ago when you wrote your song about Maghadi {the Buddha spoke in the Maghadi language}. What was important about that particular time in your life, 4 years ago? Were you rediscovering that creative aspect {band mates somewhere in the house}? This unconscious event {clear night, the unconscious, full moon, illuminating the muse} has had enough energy to retain its importance that you now have taken time to seek answers to its meaning by posting your dream at the Dream Forum.

There may be real life experiences with a Julia or Maggie but the intent of the dream is most likely addressing inner aspects having to do with the creative/spiritual aspects. If you were a younger man then I would look to outer experiences to help explain the dream. But at 57 the focus would be more inward, seeking those inner resources to help find balance and harmony in life, and less ego oriented where material worth is more important. The value {purse/wallet} of the inner self is most important in later life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you for taking the time to interpret my dream. This is one of the more prominent dreams I can recall. I found it interesting that Maghadi could be me. I have always been artistic (music, drawing, art) and spiritual (even though bring raised Catholic, I am not at all 'religious') and have been aware of and not resistant to my feminine side. At the time of the dream, I did not recall having ever heard the name Maghadi, but I did dabble in Buddhism in my early 20s. I also googled it at the time of the dream and realized that it represents a region, a language and its connection to Budda. At the time of the dream (53 yrs), I was about 2-3 years out from a year-long HepC treatment and a 3 yr attrition ordeal with the company (public defender program) I worked for and it was all very stressful. I was also feeling very ignored by my band mates. I write lots of songs and they prove to be popular when learned and played, but I could not get them to do that. That's another story. Barson

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 NH

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Barson,
In dreams unknown people, and often known people, are either aspects of yourself or someone you have a very close relationship with {husband, wife, life partner, named children}. Your 'dabbling' in Buddhism could very well explain the inclusion of the name 'Magadhi. The Julie part is could be a real life associations.

My sense is the dream is addressing creative aspects. The bandmates would not only represent actual waking experiences {being ignored by bandmates} but also they would represent your 'inner' bandmates, the ignoring of your creative aspects. The interaction with the 'tiny woman' {she being the creative aspect that is tiny compared to the social obligations/stresses in your life}, a need to embrace that part of you points to the creative aspect needing to be embraced as a central part of your life. Since the dream is an older experience that you still remember it most likely indicates how important it is to focus on the creative aspects. You need to quite ignoring the inner calling that is your 'bliss'. Such callings are usual for those in that midlife stage {35-60} of life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present