Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bird

Few days ago, I had a dream of a bird following me around. I am not sure but it seemed that it wanted to sit on my shoulder all day even if I moved around during the day. I enjoyed it sitting there but I didn't force it. Not sure what sort of bird it was, but it was small. I remember going to school with the bird sitting on my shoulder. Actually I can't confirm if it was the shoulder.

thanks
Magdalena

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 Melbourne Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Re: bird

Magdalen,
A bird following you around may indicate there is something small that is in need of realizing or accepting. It is small but important. If it s with you while going to school then it may represent a need to learn more about this aspect of yourself.

Have there been recent experiences where something needs your attention and because you have not done so it 'follows' you? Look back to experiences prior to the dream to help determine what that might be. There may have been an actual experience involving a bird that stimulated the dream.

In a deeper sense the bird may be attempting to help you realize small but important aspects about yourself. These aspects would be more unconscious and need conscious realization. The dream is too short on more detail to determine what that might be.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Magdalen.
One other thought about your bird. It can symbolize an image of the soul. Perhaps it is that aspect that is being addressed in your dream.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks Jerry, yes the dream followed after an argument with my boyfriend. They happen quite often, they are actually very minor but my response to them is so personal that I always start crying without any control, and we even get to the point of questioning whether we should stay together, even though other times we seem so happy together. I then need days to get over it, and feel at me lowest point. I don't know why this happens, because I don't believe in myself or because I am so afraid of letting go. I don't know, and I am so afraid.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Magdalena,
There seems to be security issues at play with your emotions. Can you trace back to earlier life where such insecurities began? Not believing in yourself most likely has its roots in early childhood through adolescence. Look back and see if you can determine when such issues may have begun. Once you identify the time frame you can begin to understand why these issues exist. Feel free to share whatever you feel comfortable with.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I don't know how this is going to help, I know that I wasn't a secure child, and so I am not secure now as an adult. It doesn't change the way of seeing myself.

But anyhow, I remember my childhood in Poland, my parents argued a lot, verbally and at times physically. My older brother and myself were so scared, but we felt that we had to physically get between them in order to stop the fight. That wasn's a good experience but I've moved on, what can you do? After the fights followed a silence, days, sometimes weeks. My parents weren't good at talking about how they felt and so we didn't either. My mum didn't trust my father at times, and so there was always this way of seeing my father as someone "bad".
I was a shy child, making up play by myself, I quite enjoyed myself whether it was looking out the window and drawing the sky, playing with my dolls, or singing to my favourite artist. I didn't like sport much, especially when it came to gymnastics and we had to do forward rolls. I was very traumatised by that experience, every time I was asked to do one, I panicked, I was afraid of breaking my neck. One day the teacher made me do it in front of the whole class, but I couldn't do it, I was too scared.
On another hand, I was able to sing and dance in front of my whole classroom to my favourite songs. It was a day when you had to show off in front of the whole class. I find it strange that as a shy child I was able to dance in front of the whole class, just because I loved it so much.

I was also seen as daddy's girl while my brother was mummy's boy. To this day I can still feel that. And when I was a child I always heard my mum saying that our grandmother treated my brother differently to me and vice versa because she as my dad's mother saw me as daddy's girl. And somehow I was better. I don't know if this is true but my mum always said so. I also remember that when my mum was angry with me she said I was just like "my father" or "my grandmother" which I felt she didn't like much. I always hated that and felt so sad, because I knew that she didn't like her mother in law, or my dad because she always argued with him.

Anyway, what do you think Jerry, how does that relate to my dream and what I've said earlier?

thank you
Magdalena

Magdalena,
A insecure childhood usually produces an insecure adulthood. Earliest life experiences {parents fighting} has a big influence, albeit unconscious, on your life. You may have moved on from that past but unconsciously it still is a conflict and an influence. So to those early experiences in school. Although they may seem benign now the influence, embarrassment may have left an imprint that affects your life now.

Your abilities are more centered in creative aspects. If you were able to follow up on those creative aspects your life would have been a more blissful life. But circumstances in life often get in the way. The good news is, and I point to Campbell's dictate to follow your bliss, you can still use those creative aspects. You are still young enough to follow up on those skills. If not as a profession then as a creative tool to enhance your life {my working with dreams doesn't make me any money but it does fulfill my bliss}. Looking back to your death row & cannibalism dream I can see the associations you provide in this post concerning your mother. The 'guilt' from your mother's attitude toward you may have a place in that dream. The relationships as children between mother/son, father/daughter may have a place in this dream. But the primary focus would be on the insecurties then {as a child} and now. Perhaps to overcome those insecurities you should investigate your strenghts, your creative aspects.

Jerry

Thank you Jerry.

I'm an architect by trade, although at the moment there's not much creativity involved.
With my partner, whenever an argument arises I tend to walk out, he says I see things as black and white, and I get very hurt by words, thanks to my parents arguments. I don't think my mum taught me how to be a strong woman, she did though teach me how to express emotions, those weaknesses and feelings, that make you insecure as a woman.
I'd like to use my strengths to my advantage but lately the weaknesses tend to be highlighted...

best regards
Magdalena

stats from 7-14-10 to the present