Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Number 7

In my quick moment of a dream a man appeared, who I do not know, and very forcefully pointed at my face and said "THIS IS SEVEN, THIS IS SEVEN" It startled me and I woke up. I do not know if this is related but the two nights prior I had dreams of not being able to find the correct elevator to go down or if found it quickly became full and there was no room for me. My reaction or feeling at this time was anger and then sense of being lost and late.

hope you can help! thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Number 7

Shelly,
With so little to go on it is difficult to say exactly what the number seven would symbolize in your dream. The unknown man probably represents an aspect of your masculine self. Because 'his' actions are very forceful it may indicate something about your masculine self needs 'forceful' examination. Pointing at your face may symbolize your persona, the outer ego self {as opposed to that true inner self which would include aspects about yourself you hide from others, and perhaps your own self}. The face could also represent a need to 'face' up to something about yourself. The number seven can symbolize a need for change.

Have there been recent issues about who you are and a possible need to make changes? The masculine aspect may represent the need for discipline {a masculine trait} in such an endeavor. Or merely 'facing' up to something could represent masculine tendencies.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you, there are alot of things that I am being faced with right now that require big decisions. I tend to put things off until I absolutely HAVE to make a decision. The "man" was very intimidating and made me feel as if I had done something wrong. We are trying to make a decision about a major location move, which would require a job change as well as a lifestle change. So this makes so much sense to me.
thank you. Any ideas about the full elevator?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Michigan

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Follow up to interpretation

Shelly,
The inability to find the correct elevator may represent an inability to access a particular emotional response {an elevator going down suggesting the elevating thinking process is not accessible}. A full elevator may suggest your emotional mind is overloaded. I use the word 'emotional' because dreams are about the various emotions of the dreamer. Making 'big decisions' involve a lot of emotional energy. You may be overloaded with too many decision possibilities.

The intimidating man could represent a real person. And/or 'he' could be your own masculine qualities that are intimidating at a time of emotional overload. That masculine aspect may involve stress about making the right decisions {decision making can be classified as a masculine quality}.

The number SEVEN may have real significance. Dreams can access 'correct' possibilities that are often overlooked by the conscious mind. Look for associations in recent days that may fit. Or associations that would fit with possible 'life style' changes you are contemplating. Here is a link about the mythological number 7. I present this because the symbolic metaphors in dreams often have associations with the symbolic metaphors we find in mythology. The 'universal mind' is the collective mind of all things, of a particular culture or society.
The Number Seven.

And as I mentioned in my original interpretation the number seven can represent completeness as well as changes in life. There may be a connection between the two. This would where the 'universal mind', those aspects provided in nature where all mankind has access to shared information, could be working within the unconscious dream. This is Jung's 'collective unconscious'.

Collective unconscious is a term of analytical psychology, coined by Carl Jung. It is proposed to be a part of the unconscious mind, expressed in humanity and all life forms with nervous systems, and describes how the structure of the psyche autonomously organizes experience.

The question then would be, "what is it that you most wish to do, those changes that will make your life more complete and balanced?" The universal mind as pictured by Jung is one of fulfilling the soul's desire and not the ego. Ego is limited by personal desire of the body and mind whereas the soul wishes to be centered in what fulfills those things that bring about true balance and harmony in life. And that most often involves creativity and/or spirituality. Does any of the changes in lifestyle you are considering involve creative aspects?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present