Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
August 30 2010 Dream

I'm in a room in a large old style two story home (like an old farm house). I'm there with my girlfriend and 2 or 3 other people who I don't know or pay attention to. I don't recall the conversation but I lean over to give Lisa a little kiss and she backs away and points at her cheek and I realize she is referring to some small sore in her mouth. She says it's exacerbated by drinking whisky but that the good news is that the whisky helped with the "yellow line" thing. I take that as good news but definitely feel rejected so I get up and leave to the room and go where I figure the bathroom to be. It's a very small room, like a half-bath, only it has a very short and very deep green tub that is almost tucked under over-hanging cabinets. There's no shower, but it's deep enough that I could sit in it with my knees up and the faucets are high enough and the tub deep enough that I could take a sitting shower. I then notice that the hot and cold faucets are separate and I'd be sitting under a stream of very cold water and then one of very hot. I wake up at this with a sense of disappointment and loss.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 NH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: August 30 2010 Dream

Barson,
A dream that is more difficult to understand than one might think. After going over it several times I believe it is addressing issues of personal growth {farm house}. It looks as if it is focused on the past where opportunities may have been missed. Something vital was ignore.

Lisa may represent you care about, a feminine aspect {which fits the pattern of other dreams}. But as is often the case there may also be recent waking aspects to do with Lisa, that are personal. The jest of the sore mouth may be one aspect in your life was relieved but another was exacerbated. One positive experience, or what was thought of as positive at the time, actually has made other, more important aspects worse off.

You may feel there is no real outlet for the neglect of this vital aspect. There is a need for self renewal but there has been little interest to do so. You may have tried to fit it into your life in some fashion but opposing forces kept you from realizing its potential. Thus the waking feelings of disappointment and loss.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Actually, Lisa is very close to me and it was her in the dream, though I understand that it may have been something else (even me) she was representing. It may even represent the same part of myself that Maghadi may. (Lisa and I were high school sweethearts and we live thousands of miles apart, but have been sharing a close relationship on a daily basis for well over a year, now and it has become very frustrating that we cannot afford to visit each other or change jobs or sell property due to the current economic situation.) My dreams often feature old houses. My need for renewal hasn't been from disinterest, but from fear. I have a special ability to reach and comfort others through pain and tribulation, and while I also have endured much loss and pain (as most people my age have - 57) I feel I am stronger for others than for myself. I thought the undersized tub in an uncomfortable place with impossible faucets was kind of interesting.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 57 NH

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Barson,
The tub may be a symbol much as a bowl would represent. That representation is one of security. Faucets are handles that control the flow of water which symbolically could represent the flow of emotions. The hot and cold could be the flow of emotions, running hot one moment then cold the next.

You state you feel more for others than for yourself. Is that statement about not being able to feel for yourself or you put more emphasis on giving than receiving? Again, I believe all emotional conflicts have a source and those prime conflicts in life often {more often than other stimuli} start in childhood and early life. I always suggest one look to childhood for answers, family relationships, early life experiences being the stimuli for later life emotional conflicts. I see this often in the posted dreams {being able to discern that fact from the responses to an interpretation}. The drinking of whisky could suggest escapism a or self confidence issues. "the good news is that the whisky helped with the "yellow line" thing". Could your 'giving' to others more than yourself be an escape from having to confront something emotional in your life, the fear {yellow line} you associate with the renewal you seek in life? It does seem you have some idea of the conflicts involved since you are aware of a 'fear' as a barrier to that renewal.

As for the 'old' farm houses in your dreams. Old often suggest something in the past. A farm house {a house is symbolic of the dreamer} is where things are grown thus a symbol often associated with personal growth. Such images often suggest some aspect of that personal growth was affected in your past, from earlier life experiences.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present