Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream - duality

I had a dream a while back which i still remember, however only a very small part unfortunately. I think its a piece of the last stage of a dream.

I am an argicultural region, a lot of field around but also quite some buildings and small walls and people. For a reason I don't remember duality disappeared in the world (e.g. yin/yang, light/dark, good/evil, etc). Suddenly the world turned dark (or more like dusk). I had the feeling i had to do something. I flew to the moon (just with my body) and on the moon i encountered an animal (not possible to qualify as a certain known animal, i think it was sort of pink, bit furry like had a big head and big eyes and a mouth). Unfortunately I do not remember the conversation but it felt important. After this I went back to earth and the sun was shining again but the sun was pulsating in strength (getting bigger and brighter, then smaller and dimmer, and so on).

I don't remember more :( Since I find it very difficult to make something from this dream (also because most is missing) I was wondering if anybody had any ideas.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dream - duality

Herman,
Agriculture is symbolic of personal growth. Your life is open {fields} to such growth {a norm for someone their 20s}. Small obstacles/walls stand in your way. The other aspects/people that make up who you are involved in this growth. This sets the stage for your life, your future.

Duality is a set of opposites which are the roots of conflict. Recognizing conflict within the world, your world, is what makes life what it is. Without conflict there would not be life, at least not the human life as we know it {a life of emotions that only the higher primates possess}.

Going to the moon is to go somewhere beyond yourself, the normal self. It is often a visit to those hidden aspects within yourself. The moon is also a symbol for the feminine aspects within the psyche. The dark is the unconscious where truth resides, the true self. To discover who you are requires such a journey.

This animal you encounter on this journey, it is pink, not a known species. A big head and big eyes, better to see the image of who you are. This is an important trip. The conversation is about this true self.

What feminine aspects are you keeping hidden away? I sense this is the primary focus of the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Interesting approach.

1) the apparent need for conflict. Or like you said to recognise it. I think there are many things in my life i do not recognise as conflict. I see many things "as they are" without binding a bad/good thing to it. maybe seeing the duality in these things would be enlightening.

2) that feminine thing. i am not sure what feminine things i would be blocking. except, which might be quite feminine, emotions. I don't experience emotions very intense. I am actually trying to find the reason this is blocked. because i think the blocking of emotions blocks much more as a result. i have small successes, like experiencing intense anger and sadness when i gave it some space a while back but havent been able to integrate it much. found out that i can actually be angry without realising or experiencing it at all. why i don't know yet, i don't mind be angry, but the real underlying reason why it is blocked i havent found yet.

in a positive nature i have been able to integrate more happy emotions and let myself go more with the feeling/flow and enjoy.

i had another dream a while back, which i wrote down, in which i think my anima played a big role. but maybe even the duality since in the beginning of the dream, where i was introduced to a girl (bit fat one, i think its likely my anima) she had one eye (like cyclops, one big oval one, with mascara), and i asked do you have only one eye or does it look like that because of make up. and after i asked that here face changed to having two normal eyes without make up. if i am in the mood i'll post it later:)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, Europe

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Hermna,
Perhaps a 'refresher course in Jungian psyche will help you get a better grasp of how to apply my interpretation. You can do that by starting with my page A Simple Guide to Dreams.

As to your response. It is not the need for conflict but the existence of emotion conflicts in your life. Being able to show emotions is a 'feminine aspect'. The inability to show them has a reason, most often the roots being from childhood. It is not so much to express intense anger or sadness as it is to confront those emotions that has its roots in past experiences. When you do that you will be able to express what you feel. That is where emotional healing begins.

As for the dream about the one eyed fat girl. She would be you, and ugly aspect, perhaps pointing to the inability to 'see' things with both eyes. The make up would be what you are covering up, emotionally. When you begin to recognize there are these 'covered up emotions' you are better able to see yourself as you really are and not the person who is unwilling/unable to recognize those emotions.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present