Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Past

I had a dream about a past love. This guy was my high school love, he was with this classmate that he ended up going to prom with and inturn I was with his brother who we used to like each other, but at different times. His brother and I were at church with his arms holding me close I felt safe and across was my high school guy and this girl, when I looked at them I didnt feel anything, but couldnt understand why they were staring. The brother and I left to go elsewhere and I turned into another dream where I was with my friend Mary at a party at her house and they had a garage that was like a tunnel with a river in it so I was on a floaty device the little doughnut type one and then I had to go and she said she had to get her boyfriends car and I had to follow her in my floaty device and keep up with 70mph, I recall people were on some ride out on the street a little train ride, I remember seeing how bright red the train was and the train was full, somehow I used my floaty device to get a head start on the road after bouncing off the train. Last I knew I was able to keep up....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Iowa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: The Past

Kimberley,
My sense this dream is about re-evaluating aspects of your life. In the first part of the dream the primary symbols may be the 'prom' {cycles in life} and the 'church' {re-evaluating your life}. And the term 'at different times' suggest the same possibility. Security may be a prime issue in your re-evaluation {felt safe}. You may be feeling insecure at this stage of life and those masculine qualities masculine aspects are not one of your strong qualities. Were there insecurity issues when you were in high school? Are there such issues at this stag of life?

The second part of the dream seems to be addressing issues of wholeness which would fit with the security issues. 'Trying to find yourself' in a world that is rapidly speeding along. Personal growth issues, becoming whole {doughnut}. You may spent much of your life 'floating' along and now reality has set in and you must decide what to do with the rest of your life.

Are there such issues in your present life?

Jerry [pray}

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Yeah that makes sense. I am trying to start a new chapter in life. I did have another dream last night, the dream had to do with my friends daughter who in the dream was 3, but in real life she is 2, for some reason she was being destructive to my high school and throwing things into it to eventually make it blow up. I helped her a few times. She never said a word to me just actions, she gave me some sort of bomb thing and I threw it in there to get her to leave me alone. A ton of people were standing at the windows in front of the school waiting for the big moment to happen. People were in groups still in the school hiding for cover. Nothing actually ever happened to the school. I was around people from high school who were all pretty friendly. What would all this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Iowa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kimberley,
The friend's daughter may be a symbol for the insecurities we addressed in your first dream. These insecurities probably stem from early childhood experiences and as an adult you still have anxieties related to the past. The age probably has some personal associations. Unconsciously you are still in a 'learning' process, discovering in your adult life the unresolved conflicts still have their influences.

Your desire to start a new chapter in your life may be facing emotional obstacles that stem from these early childhood experiences. They, the experiences, need not be traumatic but merely learning stimuli from accumulated experiences as a child. Dreams often expose such influences from childhood. These stimuli are unconsciously 'ingrained' in your personality. Your life may not have been so destructive that it has caused major disruptions of emotions but as you age the influences will have more of an influence since the emotions do become more of a focus. In midlife these stimuli will be more and more a focus of your dreams as long as they remain unresolved. In the present you are probably beginning to experience some of those midlife ramifications since your desire for voluntary major changes are what usually happen on an involuntary basis at midlife.

Future dreams will probably continue to focus on these issues of insecurities. Defining exactly what the underlying causes may help in resolving them. Looking back at your life as a child may be of help. But even with that it will take a lot of 'inner research' to finally come to grips with what those issues are about. On the positive side, if you begin to confront and resolve these issues now that midlife transition will be much less of an emotional strain.

What type of 'new chapters' are you seeking in your life? This may help in your search for new paths to follow in your search.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present