Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forbidden love

I had a dream that I was watching a tall, good looking man walk down this crowded hallway. But he was hand cuffed. And I did not recognize him, but in my dream, I knew him and he stopped to talk to me. I don't remember what we were talking about, but the feeling was hard to describe. I had strong feelings for him, and I knew he had done something terrible, but I did not care. And with handcuffs around his ankles and wrists, I kissed him goodbye and had a feeling that I was never going to see him again.

I proceeded to hane a nightmare of murders (don't know if it had anything to do with the previous dream) But I woke up and went back to sleep about 2 times during the night, and continued to have the same nightmare. I do not know if the nightmare is relevant, so I will spare the details.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 & California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Forbidden love

Megan,
Details of the nightmare are important. Nightmares usually occur because there are serious unresolved emotional issues or traumatic experiences that need resolution. Are there such experiences in your life? Go back as far as you can remember, even into early childhood, to determine the possible emotional issues.

AS for what you have provided from the dream. If there is not a person who fits the dream description, someone you have strong feelings for, someone you are 'handcuffed' in showing your emotions for, then the tall stranger would be an animus figure. Such a person, in a dream always of the opposite sex of the dreamer, would represent your own masculine tendencies or perceptions. This aspect is 'handcuffed', an inability on your part to access this needed quality that would provide a balanced attitude in your life.

One possibility may be there was an experience early in life where a young male did something that affected your emotional self, which in turn created a barrier in later life that prevents you from 'trusting' such type persons. The trust part would stem from the trust given this person that was betrayed. Because he had done something 'terrible' {to you, physically and/or emotionally}, such an experience could cause you to unconsciously not to trust particular and/or all males. Not being able to recognize this dream person may suggest you are repressing the experience.

If you will provide the nightmare in its entirity we may be able to better determine more about this 'unknown' male who did terrible things in your life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present