Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Multiple Cats

Hello Jerry. Last night I dreamed that I was over to my girlfriend's (my lover's)apartment. Her daughter lives with her and she owns two cats. Both of the cats came out of the bedroom one by one. In the dream I wasn't surprised to see them because I already knew they were there. But, other cats started coming out of the room also. It seems like maybe 20 of them and they were all different colors. They just kept coming out of the room. I know cats in dreams have multiple meanings but I just would like to know their significance in this dream. Thank You.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Roseville, MI

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Frmale

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Multiple Cats

Jade,
The many cats that are 'coming out' represent the many aspects of who you are. Cats are often symbolic of the feminine identity and more specifically an independent spirit, feminine sexuality and creativity/spirituality. Your world, both inner and outer, is a feminine world in its deepest sense.
Dreams attempt to reveal this true identity so we can live a life of who we really are. Your true self is in the progress of 'coming out' in its many different colors {different aspects of who you are in a world where you have to 'live' with that true identity}. It is important to heed the dream's message so to be that true self. They just kept coming out of the room. That feminine identity, in all aspects, should continue to come out so you can live an authentic life and not one predicated on what the social requirements may be.
"Shakespeare said that art is a mirror held up to nature. And that’s what it is. The nature is your nature, and all of these wonderful poetic images of mythology are referring to something in you. When your mind is trapped by the image out there so that you never make the reference to yourself, you have misread the image.

The inner world is the world of your requirements and your energies and your structure and your possibilities that meets the outer world. And the outer world is the field of your incarnation. That’s where you are. You’ve got to keep both going. As Novalis said, 'The seat of the soul is there where the inner and outer worlds meet."
— Joseph Campbell {The Power of Myth}
Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jade,
One other possibility to your dream that may be relevant because you are that in the prime of that 'mid-life' transition. Anything to do with the feminine, as strongly represented by the cats in your dream, may have to do with the emotions. Women tend to be more emotional than men, a positive attribute in a world of patriarchal seige. It is in that mid-life stage we begin to look back at life and all the emotional baggage we have accumulated. A room is part of the house and in dreams the house is the dreamer. This may be an emotional room that is now beginning to 'come out' in the may different 'colors'/aspects that have made up your life. Of course a lot of that would have to do with your sexuality. Exposing the true emotions is the first step to healing any/all of the emotional wounds. Locking them away in a 'room' where they can not be recognized would be the worst case scenario. Letting them out, those true emotions, is what is needed so to understand how you really feel.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

It is probably equally important that the cats came out of the daugher's room, someone I assume is young enough to be your own daughter. In any degree of age difference, it perhaps reflects emotional issues of a younger you.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present