Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Komodo Dragon

A quick dream....but the specificity of the content is baffling me.

I was in my car, as a tourist, stopped on a dirt track when on the track I saw a large lizard. (I have since looked for pictures of the lizard on-line because it seemed so specific. It seems to be a komodo dragon lizard.) I had the task of manourvering my car around the lizard without running over it. I was not so much concerned with killing the lizard -but rather with avoiding any damage to my car if I did happen to run over it. My fear seemed to be that if I damaged my car then I could not escape the lizard and this was frightening becasue the lizard was definitely dangerous.I eventually manourvered the car to avoid it but it appeared to be continualy in the way.

Should I read the symbolism as specific to the symbolism for "dragons" - or is it more specific than that?

Cheers
Anna

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 Sydney

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Komodo Dragon

Anna,
Determining what the lizard may symbolize is the toughest part of the dream. But the car is a universal symbol representing the dreamer. The car is you, and in particular what 'drives' you. Ambition, anxieties, instincts, those emotions that are the primary force in your life. It could suggest a pattern of emotional behavior that needs your attention and may partially govern your personality {emotional anxieties as an example}. There may have been recent waking experiences where these behavior patterns came to the forefront.

As for the lizard. You state after some research it best looked like a Komodo dragon {a large lizard that possesses a deadly bacteria ridden mouth}. Perhaps this represents a need for self control {a 'deadly' mouth/speech perhaps being a trait you possess}. There are many possibilities to the lizard/dragon representation. Here is a link to my page on specific symbols of a dragon. Perhaps this will help you identify this personal representation that is apart of who you are.
Dragon in a Dream

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes...the car (myself) seems to be avoiding something...symbolised by the lizard. I have been avoiding "speaking out" about issues related to my ex...for reasons of fear (which I won't disclose here.)And the repression of this anger is toxic to myself; perhaps this is what the lizard represents.

As a follow up I had a subsequent dream in which I was visiting my Godmother (now deceased) and she had a Komodo Dragon with its baby in her house. There was no fear experienced in the dream - I was just perplexed that she had them in the house and did not really react to them.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Anna,
Dreams parallel some aspect of your waking life, with the intent to bring the experience{s} to conscious understanding. There is emotional energy that creates a conflict having to do with this experience{s} and when it is understood you are able to begin to resolve it {with discipline and a willingness to do so}. This is the therapeutic value of dreams, and one reason we have dreams, helping resolve those emotional issues that stress the psyche and can be physically/psychologically harmful {stress is a major contributor to many human illnesses}. Just as with the immune system of the body which helps protect and heal the body, nature has provided a similar mechanism for the psyche/psychological brain/mind. Sleep is not just to provide rest for body but also to help heal the psyche. A dream can provide this therapeutic function without the dreamer ever realizing it.

Of course the major task is to interpret the symbolic language of dreams and figure out the metaphors as they relate to the dreamer's life. Mythology provides clues and insights to that language, and often the motifs in the dream will relate to universal mythological patterns that describe an emotional pattern of behavior within the dreamer. Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde is a good example of the shadow self.

Using Jungian terms, Jungian psychoanalyst and Episcopal priest John Sanford explains that we live out of two centers of personality, the ego and the Self. The ego is the center of our conscious personality, the part of us through which we encounter the world. The Self is a larger reality which encompasses and energizes the ego. The Self, which some liken to God, provides a larger framework in which the ego can view reality - offering creativity and a sense of meaning in life. The ego and Self are meant to have a relationship in which each supports and serves the other, resulting in a whole person.

Enter the Jungian concept of the shadow, all those qualities that could have become part of the structure of the ego but were repressed. What we mistake for Jekyll's goodness is only a mask that has been distorted and brought into the service of the egocentric ego. Below this mask lies the shadow, hidden away. But unless the dark side is included, a person cannot be whole

There is not enough to the dream, nor does this particular dream provide a clear association to your shadow self, to say it is pointing to any repressed aspects. How was your relationship with your Godmother? She {Godmother} has a baby in her 'house' and that could be addressing emotional experiences related to her. The baby could represent you and be speaking to some related aspects shared with her. There was 'no fear' and that would be a parallel to some aspect of the waking life.
There is not a reaction to 'them'. Is that good or bad?

You know there are real emotional conflicts having to do with your ex and that is the best place to start looking, as you have. Dreams will often reveal emotional patterns within the dreamer. The Godmother may be part of that. The dream is a puzzle that has to have the pieces put in the right place to make complete sense.

If you have other dreams or future dreams that are more detailed then perhaps we will be ale to determine what these two dreams are addressing in particular. Quite likely there will be other images {replacing the lizard but with teh same associations} that will provide better clues to your emotional life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present