Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two dreams from last night

Last night I had a dream in which I went to a dentist to have some work done. When I got there, I found out that the person doing the work was actually my ear, nose and throat doctor, who is my favorite doctor that I have ever seen. In order to prep. me for the work, his female nurse gave me some injections, but the injections were not in my gums. One was above my upper lip, and then I received one in the top of each ear. The injections were not Novocain, but a combination of vanilla, lavender and chamomile. As I was waiting for the work to be done, three male strangers were also in the office waiting for work. They were watching me while they were waiting. They all had long black hair, and were dressed in black leather jackets, white T-shirts, and black jeans. One was holding a knife, but was not threatening me or anyone else with it.

I also had a dream in which I found a book that had been written about the some of the great-grandfathers on my mother’s side. The family name is Strong, and I was very excited about finding a book about my grandfather’s family. Unfortunately, the story that this book told was very negative. I observed some of the actions that were described in the book, even though they happened a century or more before I was born. It was night-time, and the sky was red and black. I was in the mountains, in the forest. To the right of a grey, weather-worn wooden shack, was an empty field. One of the great-grandfathers was standing in front of a silver metal trash barrel, that had trash burning inside of it. He threw a young baby into the barrel, and let it burn to death. This was not an unusual occurrence for this particular great-grandfather. The other great-grandfather had done the same thing a couple of generations before. I remarked that I wish I’d never given that book to my grandfather, because of the terrible events it revealed. I knew my grandfather had never known what his ancestors did. At this point, I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Southwestern US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Two dreams from last night

piggywiggen,
I will provide a more detailed response later today. A couple of quick observations. The first dream may involve a need for healing. And security issues. Are you feeling insecure about possible relationships? Are there past issues that could have caused such insecurities and you need for that to heal?

The second dream seems to be pointing to recurring experiences. Something has been put to death {death meaning 'something has come to an end'] only to be resurrected again. This process repeats itself. Could this be indicative of past relationships in your life?
In a deeper meaning there may be early life experiences that lead you to have particular tendencies. Are the choices in men a problem in your life? Recurring choices that always end up 'dead'? The problem may seem to be on outer problem, wrong choices in life. But the deeper aspects would involve early life experiences that have formed who you are as an adult. I can use my own experiences as an example. Influences with my father {he was never there for me} 'helped' shape my actions as an adult, especially as a young adult. Those early life experiences are something new studies show do influence personality and who we become as adults {see my posts New Study-Our personalities may be set as early as 1st grade
and Study finds that effects of low-quality child care last into adolescence to help you understand these possibilities/probabilities.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Dear Jerry,

I think the aspects of the dreams involving wrong choices and dead ends would more than likely have to do with my out environment...at this time, I am more or less "trapped" in a dead-end job that I can't afford to quit. So far, I have not found other employment that would allow me to resign from the position I currently have.

The need for healing also strikes a chord. My current work environment is very negative and draining. It is a constant struggle for many of the employees to go in and face the day.

I will think on what you have said so far, and see what else I can add later.

Thank you for your reply.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43 Southwestern US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

piggywiggen,
Try posing the relationships I spoke of having to do with your job and see if that fits. Again I will give a more detailed reply later today. The inclusion of the -office- in the dream may speaking to those relationships.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

piggywiggen,
You say you believe the dream is addressing issues related to your job. That could be true, the relationships at work being what I perceived in my original post. The first dream may involve much about that {the word 'work' is used 5 times in the dream}. The security issues, or the insecurities, may be associated with your being 'trapped' in a dead end job and wanting a change. But the job is security for the time being and any changes could threaten that security.

It is the second dream that seems to be directed at deeper issues. Great grandfathers are something from the very far past. The story in the book is your story, is of your life, distant past experiences that were of a negative nature. Your observations of actions would lead me to believe you were an 'eye witness' to some of the actions, thus making this a personal experience. The time element, more than a century ago, could represent inherent aspects, traits that have are inherent within you because of 'family' associations {on your mother's side, therefore from your mother}. The night time with a red {emotional} and black {deep unconscious} may suggest the emotional influences involved, perhaps not realized consciously but known within your unconscious {dreams are a direct link to the unconscious}.

Let's examine the story of the grandfather and great grandfather. Have there been recent waking experiences where they were the subject of discussion? The burning of the baby would be symbolic and metaphor {unless of course there was such actions by a grandfather which is very doubtful}. This is something that was repeated, both great grandfathers performing this action. This is where I sensed recurring actions on your part, the dream language being metaphor of your actions and not a literal experience by someone else {your dreams are about you and your life}. These were terrible actions which would suggest some past experience in your life that would be a result of these bad experiences {and why I listed the posts about early childhood experiences}. Of course the inclusion of your grandfathers should be examined for any 'literal' associations {although dreams use symbol and metaphor as its language the associations to persons, places or things can be literal}. The question becomes, at least for me, 'what are the recurring themes in your life that the dream is wishing to express'?

Let's go back to the first dream. Are there patterns of behavior that you exhibit that could fit with actions in your job? The dead end job, is that a pattern that fits with other 'dead end' experiences or opportunities. I see the second dream addressing past experiences that may be focused on such patterns. Of course that is speculative but my experience in working with dreams show this to be a common theme {patterns of behavior including personality traits}. You may need to look deeper in your own psyche to discover what these may be. Or you can reject then altogether leaving you with the knowledge you feel like you are at a dead end job. What are the reasons for that, not just the obvious reasons but the deeper issues that make you feel it is a dead end in your life? That is what dreams address at mid-life, more so than just the obvious issues of the waking experiences. You may want to focus on 'security' issues.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present