Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bitten by spider

I had a dream of a black spider on my arm. I was not afraid of it, I was simply staring at it, observing it. Then it left, but once it left I noticed it left a tiny bite mark on my arm (I didn't feel any pain) and then all a sudden the mark started to expand in size and it was black. I was a little concerned. I drove to a medical clinic, and for some odd reason i saw my new supervisor there (a lady of my mother's age and also someone who I get a good vibe from). We greeted each other and she told me so and so is not working today. And I said okay but then I took a look at my arm and noticed the bite mark was already gone and it was no longer a concern.

What does all this mean?

A little background about myself. I don't have a good relationship with my mother. She has had schizophrenia and she has been the most difficult person for me to deal with in my life. We don't talk much although I do see her 3 times a week. We don't talk much because we simply don't have much to say and we are both introverted. She is excited to see me though every time I visit my parents and lately I have been trying to establish a better relationship with her.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: bitten by spider

Leo,
A spider can represent the 'devouring mother'. In this sense the association may be the negative relationship with your mother where she is 'devouring' you emotionally. Black is often symbolic of negative aspects as well as unconscious contents. Simply starring at the spider may suggest there is an inability to do much about the situation {her schizophrenia}. The bite mark also could apply to the relationship. Arms often represent our ability to do things. Again, there is little you can do because of her condition. The separation between you and her is only getting bigger {the mark on your arm expanding}.
The medical clinic would not only define the need for her medical condition but also a need for 'healing' within your own psyche. Your supervisor may represent the natural positive aspects toward your mother. But that is 'not working'. The disappearing mark may suggest you have a desire/need to get away from the negative relationship so it will no longer be an emotional issue. This would reflect your true feelings as all dreams do.

From what you added about the info about your mother and the symbols within the dream the black spider may be the relationship with her. One true way to determine whether an interpretation is good one is if it reflects/fits the conditions in your waking life. Dreams are about the dreamer's emotional condition at the time of the dream. The whole motif of the dream, the devouring aspects of the relationship with your mother, does seem to fit with the true condition in your waking life.

A few words about the symbolic nature of dreams and whether the images should or should not be taken literal. The literal aspect about your mother is true but the rest of the dream language would be symbolic {in reality you have not been bitten by a black spider but metaphorically it fits with the negative relationship with your mother}. One of the few instances where a literal application can be taken from a dream is when there is a person who is a very close relationship {mother, father, siblings, children, lover, partner, etc.}. But we must remember even in those instances the dream is about the dreamer and the inclusion of the mother would be addressing the relationship with the mother. In your dream there is the 'supervisor'. She would be a symbolic representation involving relationship with your mother. There are probably aspects about the supervisor or the relationship with her that in some way fit the relationship with your mother {emotionally your mother is 'supervising' your life}.

A good and simple example of such imagery involving the mother is where the dreamer is in the back seat of their own car and the mother is driving. This would symbolically represent the mother is some aspect controlling the dreamer's life. The symbolic value is the mother driving the dreamer's car {the car is the dreamer, a universal application in all dreams}. The literal application would be the reference and relationship to the mother. If the car where being driven by a stranger then that would be a symbolic reference {representing some 'unknown/unrecognized' aspect within the dreamer} and not a literal one as with the mother.

Such is the nature of dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

wow that was a wonderful interpretation. lately my mom is pushing me to move back in with her and my dad and I really don't want to do that. thank you so much

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Leo,
Thanks for the follow up response. Hopefully you will have a better disposition toward spiders since we now know they are only devouring in your dreams ands not so in real life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present