Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
flying (hovering in a circular fasion)

I have been having recurring dreams of flying. Actually, they are not typical dreams. They start with sleep paralysis (like you are being possessed and you cannot really move), and then I make the effort to let go and not fight it, once I let go it feels like some kind of out of body experience where my spirit asend and starts flying in low altitude in circulare fashion. When this happens, I'm usually taken back a little but I try my best to let go.

I have been doing research on dreams of flying but it seems like people usually feel exhilarated or high when dreaming about flying. But I don't. I'm in awe and feel a little wary at the same time.

Anyone know what this all means?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: flying (hovering in a circular fasion)

Leo,
Because dreams are about the emotions, the dreamer's emotions, there is a good chance your flying dreams represent a need/desire to be set free from some emotional aspect in your life {your mother dream would fit here}. You are paralyzed emotionally. You need to find a way to 'let go' so you can let the 'outer body' ascend to a positive nature {a play on words, something dreams will do, that when re-arranged will fit the life of the dreamer}. Emotionally you are 'flying in circles'. The dream's primary statement may be you need to find a way or learn to let go of the emotional conflict or else it could make the rest of your life worse.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I see. I liked your interpretation of flying in circles. For some time, I did feel like I'm going no where. But very recently, I do feel like I'm making progress in my own emotional recovery and my spiritual journey. I have been doing daily yoga and meditation and it has helped significantly. I have been feeling looser and more carefree.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Leo,
Your efforts to 'free' yourself seem to be depicted within teh dream with the statement, "I make the effort to let go and not fight it". That is what yoga is, 'letting go'. Meditation is a great way to help free yourself of the emotional conflicts. You are going in the right direction.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present