Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream of condo, water park, ocean

I had a dream of being in my friend's condo. I was looking out from the balcony and I was marvelling at the water park below and ocean behind it. It looked something like this:

http://www.cruisemates.com/images/RCI/Freedom/WaterPark.jpg

the water was flowing freely at the park and people were tubing in the water laughing and relaxing. The ocean looked surreal, almost like a pastel painting. I complimented my friend's mom in regards to the condo and told her I bet the view is worth half of the condo cost. I was thinking how Angie (a girl I dated recently but didn't work out althogh she's still on my mind all the time) would love a condo like this and maybe I should purchase a place like this too.

Then I woke up and realized it was only a dream because my friend sure doesn't live in a condo with such a view and I sure don't have the money to purchase such condo. lol

Does this mean anything besides my desire to purchase a waterfront condo?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Dream of condo, water park, ocean

Leo,
The stimulus for the dream would be your desire to purchase the condo. But yes, the dream has deeper meaning. Let's look at the definition of the primary symbols in your dream
a 'condo':

• {1 housing consisting of a complex of dwelling units (as an apartment house) in which each unit is individually owned

• {2 one of the dwelling units in a condominium

Like a house teh condo is you. Note the term 'complex' in the first part of the definition. This would be what the whole emotional event is centered around. Your emotional 'complex' of a devouring mother {see complexes}. As in an apartment 'complex', this is a primary 'residence' that you have been living in for most of your life. This is what you desire to be set free of.

The link you provided is primary a water scene. Water in a dream is usually a symbol for the emotions. The deeper the water, as in an ocean, the deeper the emotions.

But your dream scene is of a 'water park'. Here is the definition of a park within a dream

'Dreaming that you are at a park, represents a temporary escape from reality. It indicates renewal, meditation, and spirituality. It is also an indication of a readjustment period after a serious personal conflict or an ending of a passionate affair.'

This would fit with your need/desire for escape from the realities of your emotional conflicts. In this 'fantasy' world you are able to compliment 'the mother' as opposed to the real world where your relationship with your mother is the opposite. The dream is showing how you really feel, your true desires of escape.

Then there is the part with Angie.
    This too would be a fantasy depicting your desires of uniting your own feminine qualities. This has yet to work out in your waking life but when you are finally able to resolve this emotional complex of the devouring mother it will.
    There may be a warning in this scene also. Your negative relationship with your mother may produce a deeper complex that taints your impression of relationships with women. This could be an unconscious motivating factor that you are not aware of. Can you pinpoint why the relationship with Angie did not work out? Often the impressions of early life experiences, in your case a devouring mother, will manifest itself in relationships later in life. This could produce a desire to compensate what was lacking in your relationship with your mother either by engaging in affairs with women totally opposite your mother, or, the opposite of having relationships with women who were like your mother. In the later instance it would be to fulfill what was never there with your mother, a lost cause then and most likely a lost cause when engaging in a relationship with someone like your mother. It would be important to thoroughly resolve this devouring mother complex so not to let it taint future relationships.

Back to your dream. Overall it is a wish fulfillment dream reflecting those desires of escape. But I see it as positive because it is also addressing what needs to be done. Let's look once again at the definition of a park, in particular this sentence:
    'It indicates renewal, meditation, and spirituality'
    Because you have engaged in meditation yoga the dream is addressing that path also. Again, you are going in the right direction.
    But the emotional life of 30 years of enduring a devouring mother doesn't just disappear in an instance. It will be a motivating factor, as much unconscious as conscious, as long as you let it remain a primary emotional factor in your life. You have begun to take the right steps in removing this complex but if it endures to the point it does factor into future relationships with women you will need to seek counseling. That is not a bad thing, it may be a necessary thing. If we look at every life we would see most people would need such assistance in some form or another.

Unconscious Motivating Factors

To give you an idea of what I mean of unconscious motivating factors I will provide an example from my life having to do with my father.
    My father was a self centered, thoughtless person who was never there for me, my sisters or my mother. But up until the age of 30 I tried to get close to him only to be rejected at every turn. In the meanwhile I was myself acting out some of his characteristics {but never abandoning my responsibilities to my son}, unconsciously seeking the love I never received from him. In brief I was up until my late 20s 'looking for love in all the wrong places'. One relationship after another, just like my father. The unconscious motivators where embedded in my psyche from early life. Although I finally got past those desires on my own by the age of 35, it was not until he age of 42 when I discovered Joseph Campbell, which led me to Carl Jung where I discovered the underlying causes to those motivating factors in my early adult years. And through Jung's Individuation Process I was able to finally remove those factors and find personal balance and spiritual freedom { as well as discovering my creative self with working with dreams and designing Myths-Dreams-Symbols}. I put an emphasis on spirituality {far removed from any religion] because it is from that inner spirit that life provides true balance and harmony.

As for your journey. Yoga, an Eastern philosophy is a wonderful way to star the journey to wholeness. Opening up to all spiritual possibilities is the way to enlightenment {Buddhism isn't a religion, it is a psychology}. Stay that path and no matter how life plays out you will be in a better position to face the world. As the saying goes, and a true statement from my experience, go '{inward' to discover the true self. Jungian psyche is about that inner journey, the psychological journey of self discovery.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

• Re: Dream of condo, water park, ocean

Thank you again for the excellent interpretation. The thing about Angie that attracted me was that she was just like me. She had a big front, which I easily saw through. She also had a lot of childhood issues that she never really discussed, but I could clearly see from the hints she has given. She's also analytical and introverted, always in her own little world as a habit to escape everything, just like I do. She also has occasional break downs which kind of reminds me of my mother. It scared me at first, but I thought why not...it's fate I guess...but I will break the chain, I will make it work. But it didn't, I guess when it comes down to it, I simply wasn't ready to make it work, I wasn't happy with my own life, my own self, there was no point in dragging her down with me. Also, she's ten years younger than I am, so I couldn't really get through to her. She had a very hard time putting down her own ego(which is huge just like mine) and I'm just starting to let go, so that didn't make it easy. But yes, I did some introspection myself, and I also realized I need to resolve my conflict and issues with my mother, that's why lately I have been trying, but it's difficult because I can't do anything about her. she actually got over her schizophrenia, but she is still very anxious, always worrying about everything. I don't want to run away from my issues, I would like to confront them. But what does it really mean to confront them? I guess I just have to let go, accept the fact my mother has her own issues, and move on.

I even dreamed about a washing machine stating I have a lot of things to wash. no need for interpretation on that one. It is obvious lol.

The only way I know how to resolve my complex is through yoga and meditation and talking to others about it. I find opening up helps a lot, and yoga/meditation can clean up the psyche. I don't know if you have ever heard of kundalini yoga but it's amazing. I also go to a zen buddhist temple every week and that has helped, not only because of the practice but also the people there are genuine and they have been through a lot themselves so I feel I can share my experiences and not be judged.

Thanks again Jerry.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Dream of condo, water park, ocean

Leo,
    I sensed a strong attraction to Angie in your dream. The fact she reminds you of your mother may be an issue you will need to address, your 'devouring mother' complex being a possible unconscious motivating factor that could manifest itself in future relationships {and possibly a factor in your attraction to Angie}.

As for resolving such issues. Opening up to others is a helpful way to healing. Doing so removes you from that deep introverted state which can often be a real determent to resolving emotional issues. Balance is the key to good mental, physical and spiritual health and developing opposite inherent traits lends itself to that balance.

Note: I once dated a woman who was a mental health professional and when I stated I considered myself as possessing opposite psyche traits developed in my personal 'individuation' she shunned such possibilities. Obviously not someone who understands Jung or the deeper psyche. Needless to say we dated only once.

As for Kundalini yoga. Yes, I am very familiar with it, having been introduced to this powerful 'psychological' concept by Joseph Campbell in his less often read Transformations of Myth Through Time, chapters 7 & 8}. Although it is a psychological concept {as with the soul, it is not something you will find as a physical 'thing' within the body} one can utilize the 'energies' in physical form through meditation. A good teacher, and a dedicated student, can use this technique in transforming 'actions' to non-actions', stilling the mind and utilizing only the natural senses, bringing the kundalini energy up from the base of the spine to the other points that link our ego consciousness, 'aham' consciousness, to the ultimate source of consciousness {what we call God but in reality is the unknowable source of all things}. The Kundalini allows us to realize our creativity aspects and develop a deep spiritual awareness, annihilating the ego so we can see the bigger Truth exactly as it is.

The truth as it really is. Something that our dreams provide.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present