Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Urine everywhere!

Hi, I have had a recurring dream involving urine overflowing and flooding bathrooms and into other rooms, etc. I often have dreams of myself urinating too. What does this mean? I looked "urine" up in the dream dictionary and it alludes to a sexual meaning, but I don't feel like this is so in my dreams. What do you think?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48, NE PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Urine everywhere!

Linda,
You must have consulted a dream dictionary other than the two used here at the Dream Forum. Since it alludes to sexual aspects I would guess it was Freudian in its approach. For Freud anything to do with the vagina was a definite sign of a sexual aspect.
At the MDS Dream Forum we use the theories of Carl Jung in our application of the symbols. Jung's theories expand on the deeper possibilities of the emotional self instead of concentrating on the 'sexual' aspect as the root of all emotional conflicts {as Freud did}. And although sex is a prime driver of the human emotions, there are other and as important aspects of the psyche that influence human behavior, as well as our dreams. See Jung's archetypes to get a better understanding of the different aspects that do influence who we are and how we act.

As for your urine dream.
These are the possibilities from Hyper Dictionary for which one or more will most likely fit with your dream, and your emotional life.

• Seeing urine in your dream means feelings you have rejected.

• Dreaming that you are urinating, symbolizes a cleansing and release of negative or repressed emotions.

• Urination is symbolic of having or lacking basic control in your life.

• Dreaming that you are urinating in public, symbolizes a lack of privacy in your affairs or your need to make a public apology or confession

First look at the possibility the over flowing of urine symbolizes an overflow of emotions. Urinating can represent a release of negative or repressed emotions. You will have at times in your waking life experienced a 'flood' of emotions.

Bathrooms often symbolize a place to 'relieve' yourself of negative emotions/aspects. It also can represent a 'cleansing' or 'self renewal' {as can urinating}. That would indicate a need to cleanse yourself emotionally/psychologically.

There is also the possibility there are repressed emotions that need to be 'let out'. That would require a 'cleansing' emotionally. You could be repressing negative emotions/emotional experiences that would cause an 'overflow' of emotions if you should confront them consciously.

Look at your life and the above possibilities and determine what fits where. If you will post what you find perhaps we will able to expand on the possibilities. A response will also provide us with what urine may symbolize in others dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed interpretations of my recurring dreams of urine. I think I feel a lack of control over my life very often at work, and in my personal life. I work in the medical field and it is very stressful and unfriendly. I am a very sensitive person, and I take a lot of comments and actions by co-workers and supervisors personally. I find myself becoming disappointed and angry in most people that I come to know. So many people I know are self-centered, selfish, and just uncaring and cruel.
I have a very loving husband and two grown sons that I am very close to, so I have no problems with that. I do find myself becoming depressed and angry more often than usual, though, and I feel a great deal of self loathing when I reach that point.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Linda,
Thanks for your follow up response. Each dream has an educational aspect that benefits anyone who pays attention. We are all different but our dreams will show the true self, removing the ego bias of the subjective conscious mind. Any emotional conflict that exists, whether recent or from years ago, will present itself sooner or later until the conflict is resolved.

There is no doubt your stressful situation at work is an emotional event strong enough to be a part of your dreams. The overflowing of emotions are capable of disturbing the tranquil life you have at room if they are not resolved {if that has not started to occur already}. Bathrooms are a place we 'eliminate' those unneeded aspects. The dream is likely pointing to the need to eliminate the emotional turmoil from your work situation. There may be deeper issues from early life {dreams will address both, current waking conflicts as well as emotional conflicts that point to the foundations of personality and the causation of deeper emotional conflicts that have its roots in childhood} but this dream is more likely addressing current stresses. Other dreams may point to the deeper issues, as well as why you are the senstive type person you are.

Perhaps the solution calls for something in your life that will do just that, finding a way to eliminate the conflicts at work, short of changing jobs {if that is possible it is something you may want to consider since as you well know stress is a 'killer'}. Both Campbell and Jung put an emphasis on 'creative' activities in doing this. A project that let's you get away from the social obligations and taps into those 'inner resources' that provide a balance to the stresses in life. Of course the final solution to the most productive harmonious life is to make that creative aspect your job {what I am working to do fulltime in with my dream work}. That is not easy considering the requirements in life of having to make a living in this material world, and the other social obligations in life.

Your stressful situation at work would definitely fit with this dream. The need to eliminate those emotional conflicts would be the focus of the dream. What to do about it is something you will have to work on. I can understand your anger and frustrations toward other people, I often feel the same way {so many are so self centered they can not see beyond their own desires and needs}. But to live a life where you can fully enjoy the positives, your wonderful family life, try to find a way to eliminate some or all of the conflicts at work. Better to be there for the family than to to be obligated to social duty that could cause illnesses, conflicts away from work, or worse. Of course that is easier said than done. But a refocusing of what is important, something that usually occurs at mid-life, may be what is needed.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,

Again, thank you for your insight. I will try to focus on the positives in my life...sometimes it is so hard, especially when I am surrounded by negativity. I often wish that my career/job was something I love, but the constraints you mentioned are the reason I don't take the risk of "doing what I love". I notice that I often feel resentful of the fact that I have to go to work every day. I feel like am a prisoner. Then, I feel guilty for feeling that way! Sometimes I think I would be happier in simpler times. I will try to balance my work with home, like you suggested.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present