Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spider Attack

I was completely alone wondering around a forest. It was night out so the only light was provided by the moon. I was trying to find my way out by following a chain link fence when I found my boyfriend. He said, “I love you, but you know I can’t go with you.” I looked past him and saw a hole in the fence. I said, “I know. I love you too.” My boyfriend disappeared and so did the hole in the fence. I heard a noise and walked deeper into the forest. I saw a huge black shadow in a tree. When I stepped closer, a huge black spider jumped on my head and its legs went down to my shoulders. I froze in fear. Then I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 19- not telling you

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Spider Attack

Amber,
I will provide an interpretation to your dream hopefully on Friday. It may be Saturday. I have the flu and my brainwaves are not at there best.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Spider Attack

Amber,
I prefer not to to interpret dreams of younger people since they are much harder to discern, and for the young dreamer to understand how to apply the interpretation to their waking life {see the next to last last paragraph for an explanation}. I'll provide some possibilities and you can determine which may fit with your waking life. Dreams are much like a puzzle and you may have to move the 'pieces/possibilities' around in determining what goes where.

Let's look at the waking possibilities since at your age dreams tend to focus on current recent experiences more so than deeper emotional issues that come with a life's accumulated experiences as with an older adult.

What is the current relationship with your bf? The hole in the fence may represent an opportunity {hole} of removing or overcoming an obstacle {fence} related to the relationship. When your bf disappears so does the hole. Look at the relationship and see where this may apply. You are following the chain link fence that leads to your bf. Perhaps there is a feeling of being confined in some way related to him. Perhaps you are feeling 'fenced in'.

There is also a chance the fence with a hole in it is addressing fears of his 'fidelity' to you. The dream starts out with your being 'completely alone' and that may be a result of this fear about losing him. Looking past him may be alluding to instinctive/intuitive aspects {the moon being a feminine symbol representing instincts}. Following the chain link fence may be your following those instincts and seeing a hole in the relationship. It may be a fear you have possessed and if your intuitive instincts make you believe the fears are correct then you should go with that.

As for the forest and the moon. The forest would symbolize your unconscious. As I stated above the moon would be your instinctive/intuitive self. Going deeper into the forest may suggest you are going deeper within yourself and looking at those intuitive aspects. The noise you heard in the dream would be the noise from the intuitive mind of the unconscious.

A spider is often symbolic of the feminine power and black is the color for the unconscious. The head is a symbol for the thinking mind, the intellect {as opposed to the instinctive/intuitive self}. There may be a fear that your bf is not being faithful so much so it will become a weight on your shoulders. Has there been thoughts of his fidelity? Have you pushed them aside despite those intuitive feelings?

Dreams of a younger person are more difficult to interpret because they do address current experiences that are still in the processes of evolving. An older person's dreams, especially past the age of 40, are more focused on past experiences since there is a lot of accumulated emotional baggage in their life. Those experiences have already evolved and are usually set in stone. The dream seeks to help resolve the emotional conflicts related to them.

Look at the relationship with your bf and see if any of the above fits. Are there fears of losing him? I first look at intuitive aspects in a dream, as the symbol of the black spider, as being reliability true but if your personality is the type that is a bit more emotional it may be you have fears that are based on emotions rather than logical thinking {spider jumping on your head}. In that case the spider may represent a woman's/feminine tendency to be emotional rather than logical. Let me know about your personality and perhaps we will be able to better understand the possibilities.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present