Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Be in the moment

A new study out showing that a 'wandering' mind is an unhappy mind. In other words when a person is not focused on what they are doing at that very moment they are most likely dwelling on something negative in life. If one spends so much time on the negatives when they should be paying attention to what is at hand they are not only putting oneself at risk due to inattention but are also affecting the stress levels. As we all know stress is a 'killer', leading to many physical and psychological ailments that can be avoided.

"Just what sorts of places does the mind wander?
Reminiscing (and ruing) past events, looking forward to (or fearing) things that might happen in the future."

"Mind-wandering is an excellent predictor of people's happiness," Killingsworth said in the statement. "In fact, how often our minds leave the present and where they tend to go is a better predictor of our happiness than the activities in which we are engaged."

You may ask, if I am looking at the past and rueing past events how am I suppose to reconcile those emotional conflicts that are often an unconscious force in how I live life? Jung's theory of balance and harmony 'is' to reconcile the past. When is this to be done and how?

The answer is to focus on such experiences in a constructive way, giving time to properly consider what those past experiences hold. Not just giving attention to it in a passing moment but actual time and effort concentrating on the past. By doing that you are not only 'living in the moment' but also making that moment worth while. Truly living in the moment and by doing so participating in the Individuation of self, self analyzing those foundations of your life.

Joseph Campbell tells us if we are depressed or thinking about things that are depressing we should merely change what we are thinking about. Of course that is easier said than done. It requires discipline, the same discipline the 'hero/heroine' of myth possesses in their journey to wholeness. And let there be no mistake about it, the ultimate quest of the hero journey is psychological. And the the Holy Grail is a metaphor for a balanced and harmonious soul.

What is even greater than being in the moment, putting your focus and thoughts on what is before you? Not thinking at all. The method for doing that is yoga. To reach that place where you can 'not think' requires a lot of effort and concentration, or should I say lack of concentration on not to think, letting the senses take over and the mind stand still. Very much like the dream state but without the actions of effort and experiences. You just are, in the body and nothing else. I have been there although I have not practiced yoga in a long time. I tend to use dreams as a type of meditation, dwelling on the inner life and reaching the soul through a different path. Both are soulful, wonderful experiences. If you are able to put yourself in a position to 'be in the moment'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present