Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Death & Dying

Jerry,
You have not gone overboard but allowed me the opportunity to truly reflect on this dream and relate it back to earlier ones. I am most appreciative of 'serependitously' locating this site!

I too, and my family, have focused on physical fitness the past thirty five plus years and continue with that way of life. Yes, the endorphins truly help in maintaining the positives of life and your commesnt are on target with my daily living. I am dreaming a lot lately and will post again when another that goes on as long in one night as this one did! As a side note I am Presbyterian since college but my psyche maintains my Baptist roots which mainfest themselves all to frequestly!-:)

My sincere and heartfelt wishes to you and yours for a peaceful, grace filled holiday. Blessings

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 MD

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Lawrence,
Your use of then word 'serendipitously' reminds me of my own seren·dipi·tous encounter with Joseph Campbell. That occurred in late 1992 with The Power of Myth when it was shown on my local PBS station. It changed my life, lead me to Jung and is the path I have been on every since. I believe nature provides us with such chance encounters that have the power to change lives. And as with the hero journey they come about just when we need them to do so.
My goal is to make Myths-Dreams-Symbols a tool to share what I have learned from my journey. But the essence of any serendipitous encounter is not about me or Myths-Dreams-Symbols. It is that 'light' in the darkness of ones life that hopefully is switched on when the true path is realized. I hope your being drawn to the Dream Forum will help in some small way in your heroic journey to wholeness.

I am grateful for your dedication to physical fitness. Our generation is the first to experiment with good health attitudes and I see you and I as good examples of how much better life can be when one takes care of the temple/body. And to read your whole family participates in this endeavor of the higher self, that is encouraging. Life need not decline to a point where it is a suffering just to get up every morning, taking pills to just survive. For you and I, and anyone else who finds the discipline to exercise the body, life is just beginning. We can use the wisdom we have gained from experiences in life and share what we have learned. We need to be good teachers and image has so much to do with perceptions. Getting the word across is much easier when you are a good example. I am sure you agree.

Baptist roots. I too was raised Baptist and Church of Christ. Having studied all the religions of the world {an important part of understanding the importance myth} I have withdrawn from those 'closed' ideologies and have been healed of their negative influences. But I have not rejected the most important aspect of the teachings. WWJD is the path I try to follow and live my life. I don't look outside myself for salvation, I look within. Just as with the Gnostics I believe Jesus is about finding spirituality within oneself, and then discovering it within everything else in nature. When I need spiritual nourishment I either engage myself with my dream work, my bliss, or go to the 'forest', back to nature. Waterfalls are a big attraction for my soul. As I tell all my Christian friends, if you must judge, judge me not by my faith but by what I do. WWJD is my path and good deeds is my faith.

I would be more interested in learning more about your spiritual life and how that has evolved. And your path overall. I know you have a lot to share and with all that I know about you I can only guess it is educational.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry {Host & WebMaster MDS Dream Forum}
Lawrence,
Your use of then word 'serendipitously' reminds me of my own seren·dipi·tous encounter with Joseph Campbell. That occurred in late 1992 with The Power of Myth when it was shown on my local PBS station. It changed my life, lead me to Jung and is the path I have been on every since. I believe nature provides us with such chance encounters that have the power to change lives. And as with the hero journey they come about just when we need them to do so.
My goal is to make Myths-Dreams-Symbols a tool to share what I have learned from my journey. But the essence of any serendipitous encounter is not about me or Myths-Dreams-Symbols. It is that 'light' in the darkness of ones life that hopefully is switched on when the true path is realized. I hope your being drawn to the Dream Forum will help in some small way in your heroic journey to wholeness.

Thoughts: I beleive we are drawn 'serendipitously' to individuals on our journey to wholeness. I will secure a copy of 'The Power of Myth
' in the next few days and begin to read and consider how mit will assust in the journey.

I am grateful for your dedication to physical fitness. Our generation is the first to experiment with good health attitudes and I see you and I as good examples of how much better life can be when one takes care of the temple/body. And to read your whole family participates in this endeavor of the higher self, that is encouraging. Life need not decline to a point where it is a suffering just to get up every morning, taking pills to just survive. For you and I, and anyone else who finds the discipline to exercise the body, life is just beginning. We can use the wisdom we have gained from experiences in life and share what we have learned. We need to be good teachers and image has so much to do with perceptions. Getting the word across is much easier when you are a good example. I am sure you agree.

Thoughts: Fitness is an important of the journey because we need not lose our capacity to function well just because society celebrates youth. I hope I am a good exaple to many of the journet jsut as you are. We do need to continue to spread and live the word.

Baptist roots. I too was raised Baptist and Church of Christ. Having studied all the religions of the world {an important part of understanding the importance myth} I have withdrawn from those 'closed' ideologies and have been healed of their negative influences. But I have not rejected the most important aspect of the teachings. WWJD is the path I try to follow and live my life. I don't look outside myself for salvation, I look within. Just as with the Gnostics I believe Jesus is about finding spirituality within oneself, and then discovering it within everything else in nature. When I need spiritual nourishment I either engage myself with my dream work, my bliss, or go to the 'forest', back to nature. Waterfalls are a big attraction for my soul. As I tell all my Christian friends, if you must judge, judge me not by my faith but by what I do. WWJD is my path and good deeds is my faith.

Thoughts: I was fortunate to become friends with a Presbyterian Minister 25-30 years ago through a Presbytery Meeting who served as a spiritual guide since he was open to and had studied the world religions. I had just ebough in college to be dangerous. The friendship led to readings that led to other readings based on refernces in books and ultimately to 'The Cloud of Unknowing'. Readings that have shaped my world view the past ten or so years have been Marcus Borg, Huston Smith, Parker Palmer etc, There was one book we studied in 25 (?) years ago group 'Celebration of Discipline' which provided many books that I pursued. Bill Moyer is a favorite of mine and I hope he will come back again...Waterfalls are an attration to me particularly in the fierce landscapes of CO. I always feel the presence/thin places in the mountains and peace beyond words.

Then first I would be more interested in learning more about your spiritual life and how that has evolved. And your path overall. I know you have a lot to share and with all that I know about you I can only guess it is educational.

Thought: I have been blessed with a Spiritual Guide who led me to many readings and redirection over the years. I have been without a guide due to relocation six years ago. Will close for now but I will meditate, pray and reflect on all you have said...and you can do the same. Serendipity?

Jerry

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes amd follow up to interpretation

Lawrence,
The Power of Myth is very 'powerful'. It was at one time available in video at MySpace but the Joseph Campbell Foundation thought it more important to preserve 'intellectual' rights than it is to 'share the word' and had the six videos removed {as well as all other videos by Campbell}. The video is available for purchase and may be a better tool to understanding Campbell's message. I have it in book and audio and of course have seen it many times on video. PBS regularly uses it as a fund raising tool. That is the venue for which I first saw it some 18 years ago.

Campbell had many well known students including George Lucas {also Linda Ronstadt and Jackie Kennedy Onassis to name a couple}. Most of the video series {six one hour videos} were filmed at Lucas' Skywalker ranch. The Star Wars trilogy is based on the basic stages of the Monomyth {also referred to as the hero's journey, the basic pattern found in many narratives from around the world}. Campbell borrowed the term monomyth from James Joyce's Finnegans Wake.

Here is a video about Campbell's Monomyth and the film the Matrix The Matrix.

Jerry

Jerry,

I am sending well wishes for a peaceful and joyous New Year. May your year be filled with wonder and awe.
I look forward to posting dreams and having the benefit of your expertise and wisdom. I am pondering and interpreting the past few days. They have been short and intense and need to digest.

Blessings and great peace, Lawrence

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} MAle

Have a great New Year Lawrence. Look forward to your future posts.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present