Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Death & Dying

Lawrence,
The Power of Myth is very 'powerful'. It was at one time available in video at MySpace but the Joseph Campbell Foundation thought it more important to preserve 'intellectual' rights than it is to 'share the word' and had the six videos removed {as well as all other videos by Campbell}. The video is available for purchase and may be a better tool to understanding Campbell's message. I have it in book and audio and of course have seen it many times on video. PBS regularly uses it as a fund raising tool. That is the venue for which I first saw it some 18 years ago.

Campbell had many well known students including George Lucas {also Linda Ronstadt and Jackie Kennedy Onassis to name a couple}. Most of the video series {six one hour videos} were filmed at Lucas' Skywalker ranch. The Star Wars trilogy is based on the basic stages of the Monomyth {also referred to as the hero's journey, the basic pattern found in many narratives from around the world}. Campbell borrowed the term monomyth from James Joyce's Finnegans Wake.

Here is a video about Campbell's Monomyth and the film the Matrix The Matrix.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,

I am sending well wishes for a peaceful and joyous New Year. May your year be filled with wonder and awe.
I look forward to posting dreams and having the benefit of your expertise and wisdom. I am pondering and interpreting the past few days. They have been short and intense and need to digest.

Blessings and great peace, Lawrence

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 63 MD

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} MAle

Have a great New Year Lawrence. Look forward to your future posts.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present