Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: dirty public washroom

Thanks Yusuf. I provide my comments later. It is important you do discover what the 'darkness' is that makes you feel the way you do about yourself. Usually such things begin in childhood and what you provided about your childhood fits with this. Discovering this 'shadow' self is the only way you can begin a real healing.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: dirty public washroom

Yusuf,
My bad. I read your original post thinking you had said sexual abuse when in fact you said sexual issue. A big difference if there is not physical sexual abuse by others involved. If there are sexual 'abuses' you engage in or think about that are self inflected then my interpretation may still fit. A guilt element. That makes it a purely psychological occurrence.

The pessimism you feel could very well be related to your childhood. Negative experiences during those formative years of early childhood can manifest themselves in many ways in adulthood, including negative moods. Changing from one family to another can be psychologically worse than an abusive childhood with natural parents. With the natural parents at least we have fixed and identifiable traits, patterns and habits that are handed down from parents to child. Like parents like child. Knowing those often help us understand the motivations in adult life.

Without those fixed patterns, with the many different environments that you have experienced, so many possibilities of negative influences arise that make it hard to recognize without an in-depth examination. These influences can tell us something about who you are at this point in life. If you have dark moods that would be understandable since your early foundations were built on little that is solid and productive. How you feel about yourself would be understandably negative.
The excess emotions or sexual excitements you spoke of have underlying foundations, again largely developed as a result to emotional conflicts earlier in life. If there are guilt feelings because you tend to think about 'elicit sexual experiences' then the reason for that guilt may be what is needed to be understood. You may feel dirty partially because you never received as a child the proper parental love and support a child needs to thrive. That can be projected in sexual tendencies that may not be considered normal. Depending on the 'thoughts that cause excessive sexual excitements', something that is important to consider since it can reveal other tendencies that we may not have touched on, the conflict may be from several causes. Brain chemistry itself is important and with today's 'miracle drugs' there are alternatives to psychological counseling. But my thinking is unless there are major physical injuries or abnormalities the psychological resolution is the only permanent remedy to the imbalances {excessive sexual desires}.

Saying this, the guilt may have more less than just the principles you inherited or learned {although those are still important}. Moral judgements could very well be the issue. You say you are a faithful but one who has thoughts of excessive sexual desires. Do you feel you need to act on these desires? Are they something that would be disapproved of by a moral compass? It it a religious thing or a personal ordained moral standard? Is it consider unnatural because it is not in line with moral theology? Perhaps your true nature has something to do with the thoughts. These are things you need to consider in your attempt to resolve the issues that are causing an imbalance in your waking life, causing the dark moods.

Being a person who as a young adult experienced similar 'excessive sexual desires', I can emphasise. They may not be the same desires but because they had such a strong governance over my waking life, I know they are real. Having looked back at my life I can also understand what they were and why I had them. Like father like son. The father was a truck driver who had many relationships outside marriage. He cared for only himself until the day he died.

The lack of proper support by my father left me feeling inadequate up through my teen years. It changed when a high school teacher became that model of masculine support. If that had not happened {and it only partially lifted me from those depths, inherent tendencies/patterns exsited until my late 20s} no telling how my life would have evolved.

It has been through Jung's Individuation Process I have bee able to identify the underlying causation from childhood and correct those things in life that are in conflict and out of balance. I am a different person with real principles that positively govern my path in life. Malfunctions of the psyche can be corrected by identifying the psychological origins of the individual being, and with a true discipline to make the proper corrections. Those who do take this path of self discovery often fail because they lack the discipline.

Your dreams will reveal in a general way, speaking in symbol and metaphor, what the emotional conflicts are that govern your life. I do have an ability through my 'Jungian experience' and a good intuitive sense to
understand the dream but it is limited to those general patterns that the dream will give up {my abilities are something I have developed over the last 18 years studying Jungian psyche}. If I were a therapist I would be like Jung and want to focus on the dream since it is a direct link to the unconscious. Discovering the underlying causes, the unconscious motivations, is central in any healing that needs to take place. Those motivations may not 'make' you do one thing or another in life but they can and do influence what you do and who you become. Understanding what they are, and dreams will do that, is a great help in resolving the conflicts they cause.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present