Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Being attacked....

Unfortunately, I don't remember some of this dream, because it gave me an icky feeling :)

I was in a house with my daughter and many others. We were all sleeping (I was sleeping in a room with my daughter)...I woke and suddenly had the feeling that there were people outside hiding waiting to attack. I went to go look out the window and saw a bunch of people dressed in black approaching the house.

It was at that moment that I had a brief moment of lucidity and thought "am I dreaming?" I touched the windowsill and thought "nope, this isn't a dream" LOL

I then went into the bedroom and threw the covers over my daughter to hide her. I grabbed a gun. When the people dressed in black came into the house with machine guns, I shot one in the head, and I 'knew' I had to be strategic about this. I went and quietly woke up some of the others to help me out.

That is all I can remember

Angie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Minnesota

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Being attacked....

Angie,
Of course the house in your dream is you. That is pretty much established in all dreams. Having your daughter with you would likely suggest the emotional conflict in some way involves her {the only times named persons are to be taken literal are when it involves close relationships}. Sleeping probably indicates unconscious awareness or concern, possibly related to conscious fears or concerns. The attacks are emotional, probably involving your daughter.

The people dressed in black again would be the dream trying to reconcile conflicts of the unconscious {which may or may not be consciously known or acknowledged}. The approaching aspect may be conscious experiences that give you concern.

Are there or has there any conflicts with or about your daughter that are 'on your mind'?

The 'brief moment' of lucid dreaming is interesting. I am a strong proponent of dreams being therapeutic and although lucid dreaming can have value but if used strictly for 'fun' may alter that healing affect they offer. Because it was a brief appearance may indicate the psyche taking back its role of being a healing agent. The therapeutic value would be a biological thing, much like the immune system of the body in helping protect/heal the body from 'invading' agents that do harm.

Throwing the covers over your daughter may be a 'covering up' of some type of the conflict. It may indicate a desire not to think about it or acknowledge it. You may want to 'hide' the emotions involved. Being in the bedroom may suggest 'private' matters. The gun may represent aggression or anger. The nature of the conflict causes a lot of this anger/aggression in your head. There is always the possibility of 'Freudian' sexual aspects with a gun and bedroom in the dream, but only as a lesser possibility.

There is a need to be 'objective' {strategic}. It may involve actual waking actions, something you are having to give a lot of thought to {also the head}. You need to use other aspects of personality to help with this emotional issue {perhaps masculine aspects since there are indications of anger and aggression, both masculine traits}.

I have had many dreams where there are a mother/daughter scenario as a part of the dream plot. Usually they do involve conflicts of emotions associated with the daughter {the dream is about you and other people would be associated to you}. Look at your life, recent experiences as well as the long term relationship with your daughter and determine what conflicts may be there.

Looking back at your other recent posted dream The Animus suggests there are masculine aspects that are in conflict. This dream may be related> Does the name Dodd come to mind when you think of your daughter? It was a name you had no associations with in the first dream. The medication in that dream may suggest 'remedies' to masculine conflicts involving your daughter {as well as a reference to the actual medications you take}. We never did come to a resolution of the previous dreams. Look back to it and see where this one may fit.

A Note About the Dream Forum and Recorded Posts
The great thing about having a forum where there is a 'record' of posted dreams, interpretations and responses is it allows us to determine so much about the dream and the possibilities. I often point o the Dream Forum as a tool in determining the 'correctness' of my interpretations. This is not a measure of ego, my capabilities of ego-center self, but more a tool to gauge Jung's approach and philosophies about dreams {ego is always an element of self, we would be mere domesticated animals without developed emotions if not}. And with the record posts we can look back and reference past dreams and responses to help in determining what a current dream may involve. I have had a Dream Forum as a part of my website for many years, this particular version on line since January 2005 {some 3300 posts}. I have had college professors use the website as well as the forum as teaching tools. I am very proud of the Forum and the fact there is recorded information that can be analyzed. It definitely has helped shape my approach to dreams and in my development in interpreting dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry {Host & WebMaster MDS Dream Forum}

Are there or has there any conflicts with or about your daughter that are 'on your mind'?

On my mind frequently. My daughter, I feel, is naive in many ways, and I struggle with when to intervene with her and when to let her find her own way (she is young). Her feelings are hurt easily, and I have problems with backing off from protecting her from things/people that might hurt her.

Throwing the covers over your daughter may be a 'covering up' of some type of the conflict. It may indicate a desire not to think about it or acknowledge it. You may want to 'hide' the emotions involved. Being in the bedroom may suggest 'private' matters. The gun may represent aggression or anger. The nature of the conflict causes a lot of this anger/aggression in your head.

I have to think about this some more.

There is a need to be 'objective' {strategic}. It may involve actual waking actions, something you are having to give a lot of thought to {also the head}. You need to use other aspects of personality to help with this emotional issue {perhaps masculine aspects since there are indications of anger and aggression, both masculine traits}.

This may have to do actually with my ex-mother-in-law who has been passive-aggressive with me regarding the way I take care of my daughter. This is something I have anger about and may also relate to your earlier statement...not sure. Anyway, I do have to find ways (strategies) to work through this without being reactionary (i.e. putting a bullet in the head).

Looking back at your other recent posted dream The Animus suggests there are masculine aspects that are in conflict. This dream may be related> Does the name Dodd come to mind when you think of your daughter? It was a name you had no associations with in the first dream. The medication in that dream may suggest 'remedies' to masculine conflicts involving your daughter {as well as a reference to the actual medications you take}. We never did come to a resolution of the previous dreams. Look back to it and see where this one may fit.

I am not sure about this. I need to think some more on this one.

Thank you!

Angie

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Angie,
One of the purposes of the dream is to get the dreamer to give conscious thought to their dreams. By doing that, with at least a little knowledge on how the dream functions, the dreamer will gain insights to their true self, the true emotions that are often unconscious. A good interpretation of any dream will provide possibilities to what a dream may have to say. It is left to the dreamer to put the pieces together {dreams are a lot like a puzzle and a riddle with a language of symbol and metaphor which adds to the puzzle}. I'll give more time to your response later.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I am still trying to figure that one out. I had a very similar dream last night too. There was a woman across the street (who looked very similar to me) who I knew was 'evil." She was holding another woman like a hostage (who also looked like me). I was across the street, and I felt I had to do something to save the hostage. I grabbed a gun (again) and shot her in the head, but nothing happened to her. Instead, she set the hostage on fire.

ugh...I don't normally have such graphic violent dreams, and these make me feel uneasy inside.

Angie,
These women are all a part of you and/or your life. They represent some aspect of your emotional life, and could also be directed at actual person that fits in with the dream scenario. The evil woman would be some aspect about yourself, and again possibly some actual person, you do not like {actions} or can not control. The woman being held hostage is that part of you, or your life, that feels powerless to the evil aspect. The gun would possibly be anger of feeling powerless. Being shot in the head may represent your intellect, the thinking aspect. Fire often symbolizes anger or rage.

What is it that would cause such emotions. You may feel powerless because of that situation and because you can not do anything about it. We have established the conflicts with your daughter. This probably has a lot to do with that. She may cause emotions that you usually do not display, and can not control, the anger being the evil aspect that is holding you hostage. You may feel she is emotionally holding you hostage.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present