Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pigeons in love

It was a long dream but I don't remember its start! All remember is that at its end, I was on the terrace of a building that was like a castle and there, I saw many pigeons, nesting. Most of them were white and some of them greyish. I saw a pair of them, they were wooing and I heard myself saying "they're in love!" and tenderly I lightly touched their heads as they were rubbing them on each other.
The dream left me with a pleasant feeling and I'm sorry I can't remember its start. :))

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Pigeons in love

Cynthia,
The ending of a dream can say a lot about the whole dream, at least the intent of the message the dream wishes to convey. Here is what Jung thought about the ending of dreams:

According to the end of dream, Jung discriminated between favourable and unfavourable dreams. If we were to reverse the well-known proverb, then for dreams we may say that a good end makes a good beginning. Favourable dreams have quieting effect and direct us to the most constructive ways of solving problems. On the contrary, unfavourable dreams contain a warning of, perhaps life important, negative changes. Hence dreams can be said to have a prospective function; they warn us about bright or dark future. Favourable or unfavourable end of dream, however, must not be taken as a final and absolute meaning of dream. This can be done only after several interconnected dreams.

The feelings you had when you awoke are important. The dream had a positive ending which may suggest a positive take in your waking life. But it could also be a 'wishful' suggestion that this positive take comes true.
Freud did have some 'correct' suggestions as to what dreams may be about, wishful thinking being one of those.

Castles are fortresses. And the castle is your castle, it is a part of you. Anything attached like a terrace often symbolizes something that may be about to be realized. This may suggest you are 'open' to the ending of the dream thus a remedy that is as much wishful as it is a reality.

Pigeons are messengers. In a dream they would usually be messengers from your unconscious. Nesting pigeons may suggest you are 'nesting' on new possibilities {nesting leads to birthing}. Parts of the 'nesting pigeons' are consciously known {white} and others are not so clear {grey}. The pair in love may be conscious aspects that you are involved with. It may be about wishful intents. This is in your head. It is positive which may in itself suggest there were once negative aspects that now have turned positive {two is a number for opposites, wooing the negative may have turned it into a positive}.

Then again this may be entirely an internal thing and not so much about 'love' on the outside. And with dreams always addressing at least two aspects of the dreamer's life it could be doing both. The wooing and love in this instance would be about accepting aspects of yourself which would a positive. Are you considering something new in your life {nesting pigeons} that may affect your emotional life? Of course that could fit with both the external s well as the internal. The 'pair' as it were in the dream.

It was a positive dream so I would suggest you incubate, nest on it, and see where it leads, once you determine what it may be about.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Pigeons in love

thank you Jeff. Your interpretations are so fine, you have helped me to understand myself and life, so well! Cynthia :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present