Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Apocalyptic Dream

Hi, I had a very vivid dream this morning that started quite normal, holiday at the beach with the folks, fun everywhere, all good walking around with my parents and then the water started to get more and more agitated, then an odd series of eclipses, one after the other. The waters started receding considerably and I start to drag my parents to higher grounds, we were on the bottom part of a cliff, it was an old village but on the top of the cliffs had apartment buildings.

I left my parents with my brother and sneaked in one of the buildings and went all the way up to the terrace, I could hear and feel the water hitting the building as I was going up the stairs. When I reached the top everything was dark and there was a party going on. I spoke with two girls that met my brother earlier ( in the dream ) and they let me sneak inside.

Once there I started to look for the ledge of the building so I could see what was going on outside, I saw my family holding on the edge of a small portion of land that was left uncovered by the waters, everything is was people swimming for their life and water everywhere. Then this woman hands me a bunch of documents that ranged from receipts, contracts, diplomas, it was very tick.

I signaled my parents to come near the building so I can help them climb up using the balconies and some rope and I had prepared for them. Then as the first person is about to reach me I start hearing semi automatic weapons go off, I saw 3 soldiers in full gear shooting people down. I signaled my family to hide, the soldiers came toward me, saw the documents I had on my lap and let me alone, the two girls were there next to me all the time. Lastly a woman who seemed like the owner of the place looked at me and the documents and started yelling at me, seems like the documents were her daughters that moments ago had jumped out the building. She took the documents from me, I was supposed to write down a number from an invoice that had a cartoon on it, I don’t remember if it was Felix the cat or Mickey Mouse… but I remember the number belonged to Charles Schulz ( creator of Peanuts, the comic ).

That was it, I´m feeling very “off” and kind of cranky today, I´m worrying about the dream more than I think I should. Not about the apocalypse part really, although it was very vivid, but the dream as a whole

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, Barcelona - Spain

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Apocalyptic Dream

Jaime,
I will provide an interpretation later today or in the morning. There does appear to be some deep unconscious aspects {I saw my family holding on the edge of a small portion of land that was left uncovered by the waters, everything is was people swimming for their life and water everywhere} the dream is addressing. Something you need or are in the process of 'climbing out of'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jaime,
I will need some more time to better understand this dream. Because of this cold my senses are still not as clear as they need to be. Here is a quick summary of what may be the dream message. But let me take another look at it when I have all my facilities working properly.

An internal conflict where you are trying to get to higher ground. It may involve your parents. Something has disrupted your normal peaceful routine, an experience that is receding but remains a conflict. Although you are trying to find a compromise other conflicts arise that threaten to disrupt the progress. The solution probably lies within the compromise but it may seem cartoonish on your part if you submit to the demands being made.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Thank very much for taking your time to help me understand this. Family related indeed, this is a busy year for me and plans are on the verge of falling apart. Compromises not being met... quite stressful really. I´ve been a depressed since I woke up from this dream, a little bit less each day, I don´t like to sink on that puddle.

Thank you very much once more!
by the way get better from your cold!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30, Barcelona - Spain

Jaime,
That does seem to be what the dream is focused. Dreams will reflect current stressful conflicts. And also the deeper aspects if they are real emotional conflicts involved {deeper personal conflicts with family having much to do with the formative years. The depression you are experiencing probably accounts for the apocalyptic feel you had with the dream. My remedy to such feelings is to realize there are others who are in much worse circumstances. Keep your chin up, things will improve as long as you work with a positive attitude.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present