Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Filthy House

This morning I saw a very vivid and detailed dream. I was in our house, just woke up in the morning and I felt that I needed to clean the house very quickly because I was expecting somone will come over soon. The house was a mess. There were clothes and garbage everywhere. I was trying to collect things but it didn't change a bit. I went to the bathroom and our laundary was on the floor wating for me to put wash them. The washing machine was full and there were a few more loads on the floor. Suddenly some urine leeked from the toilet and our clothes were wet. I felt the presence of my husband and may be we talked but he wasn't much of a help. After I left the clothes and everyhing there and moved on to the living room. There there was my husband and a friend of mine in the living room. The room was huge and almost empty. The sofas and most of the furniture was gone, it was bare parquet floors, the dining table and a cupboard. However the dining table was full of dishes and lefover food. I saw my husband trying to push the table on the side and open up more space. He had climed on a wierd thing which he thought would work like a fitness center equipement and he was trying to work out. And I started telling him he shouldn't be doing that and messing the house up.I was trying the arrange the table to its place and felt exhausted trying to fix everything up. My friend supported me in my discussion with my husband. On the cupboard there was an orange and a tomato. I knew they were there for my husband, he would eat them after the workout. But in the mean time he was upset with me and had left to room. I reached out for the orange and tomato and saw that the tomato was rotten. I went to the kitchen to trow it to the garbage can. The kitchen was a mess too, there were spilt things on the floor and things everywhere on the counters. The kitchen was a little dark at that moment and when I walked to the garbage I stepped on a broken coffee plate with my bare foot. I remember it was a lttle white plate on some brown mess, may be on tea leaves.I dont remember the pain now but I must have felt it since I called my husband. And he said somethings from inside the house, I didn't hear him, I was upset and I asked him to bring some house shoes for me. I guess it ended there.

Maybe I should also give you some more background information which may help for the interpretation. I got married 6 months ago and before that both my husband and I were living with our parents. I have a clinical psycholgy degree however I had been working for an NGO for the last 4 years focused on education of primary school children. Now I am trying to shift gears. I am still cworking 2 days a week for the NGO but I am seeking a job to work as a psychotherapist. In the meantime I have some other projects in mind that I am working on and pretty much filled up all my time. My husband is currently working and trying to get a PHD and he soon would also need to quit his full time job to finish his dissertation. So I am trying to get used to have the responsibility of a house and also have some financial concerns about the future.

Thank you for your time :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, İstanbul, Turkey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Filthy House

Yaprak,
The primary task in this dream is discerning how your husband fits. He may represent himself in the dream {one of the few instances where a person can be as a literal representation} but from what you state he may represent your own masculine aspects} as well. So when I use the term 'husband' you need to discern what parts fit him and what parts represent your own masculine self.

In dreams, which speak a language of symbol and metaphor, the house is you. Thus the messy house is saying your emotional life is in a mess. Clothes are what cover the outside of the body and probably represent some aspect of your ego personality. The garbage may represent 'trashy thoughts' and/or a negative attitude. Although you try to assemble things so to improve these aspects about yourself not much changes. You need to clean up these aspects about yourself but there is so much emotional 'trash' your life is too full to hold the emotions. The urine may represent a lack of control of the emotions. Part or much of the emotional conflict may have to do with your husband and your feelings toward him {'a friend of mine'}. Your feelings toward him are feelings of emptiness and represent a huge part of your emotional life. He may be expecting even more of your in recent days. He may at times 'climb onto' weird expectations or notions and expects you to go along with him, which causes even more turmoil. No matter how much you try to 'fix' things with or go along with him you only exhaust yourself more emotionally.

The orange and tomato may represent anger and frustrations {red for anger and orange for frustrations}. Everything about your life seems 'rotten'. Kitchens are were we obtain nourishment, 'inner' nourishment. You may have consulted 'tea leaves', seeking 'inner counseling' to help remedy the strain.

The dream does seem to fit the strain you are under, noted from the background info you provided. You will need to determine what parts of the 'husband' reference actually applies to him and/or which may apply to your own masculine qualities {or lack of}. The 'inner nourishment' may be about going 'inward', spiritually or aspects of your life where you usually find comfort from your regular routine {including creative aspects}. There may be deep emotions toward your husband you have yet to express {the dream does seem to show a hostile attitude toward him although 'hostility' itself is a masculine trait}. You may want to examine those emotions further.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Jerry for the interpretation, you made me think about a lot of different things.. The masculine side especially... I have always thought I am more like my father than my mother and growing up I was the care taker and the "fixer" after my father... Since I got married I realize I am still having the role in the house in some ways and although a part of me likes it I guess a part of me wants to feel that I don't need to be the strong one all the time... I know that sometimes I am searching for my father in my husband from time to time... So some of the things in dream also are related to my husband.
Also I can understand the negative feelings towards myself too since I am in a transition where I dont fit anywhere yet my confidence fluctuates and I doubt about my worthiness...But I actually wasn't aware that I might be feeling so bad deep inside since I am also enjoying a lot of things, my new home, being able to be with my husband, and having some spare time for doing things I like... Kitchen and nourishment also resonates with me a lot. I think I will continue to think about this dream and it is meaning....

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, İstanbul, Turkey

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Yaprak,
That is a primary intention of the dream, to get the dreamer to give thought to what it is trying to communicate. Those unconscious influences and aspects of the dreamer that partly or fully control the waking actions of a person need to be recognized. Once the dreamer understands what they 'truly' feel about a situation in life they can begin the process to heal whatever emotional conflicts that underlie their actions. 'Thinking about it' is a first step to that healing. I try to enlighten the dreamer of those unconscious aspects. Although no one can ever say this means that or that means this, if there is a connection by the dreamer of something I offer that fits then a recognition of those possible unconscious aspects by the dreamer stimulates more thought and exploration. From that there can be a recognition of the conflicts that may or may not be consciously known. Knowing what the conflicts are and the underlying sources for them leads the dreamer to an ability to reconcile the conflicts. Not knowing only continues, and often worsens, the emotional conflict. That can be controlling or even debilitating. Better to know than not to know. Better to think than not to think. Thinking brings about new knowledge. That is a true function of the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present