Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Owl and Rat

OK i had a dream where i was in a vast region full of swamps deserts and forest. In the dream i was in a small family of what looked liked vikings, and we set up camp at night right next to a big grassy hill. I was the smaller scrawny brother with half of my face painted black and the rest of my family were strong people full of honor, so apparently that night they thought it was a good idea to just leave once i fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and everyone was gone so i decided to climb up the hill and see if i could find them anywhere. I couldn't. Apparently that woke something up in me.... And i found out i could turn into a white owl and a rat (Sorry about all the shapeshifting dreams ) So i turned into an owl and flew all throughout the land tree to tree like a feather floating in the wind. I finally found something though im sure exactly what it was, it was two boxes at the top of the mountain full of gold that only a rat could get through... Once i went through it it unlocked some type of armor and then it just kinda ended... Could you help explain what it all could have meant?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 15 Oregon

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Owl and Rat

Jake,
The reference to family probably has a lot to do with this dream. The dream language suggests you in some ways feel like an 'outcast' compared to other members of your family. This may have to do with a lack of proper emotional nourishment you need and expect from parents and siblings. It could be a more harmful problem but could also be a normal reaction for someone your age. Do your parents provide adequate love and attention or is life with them so hectic they either can't or don't provide it?

The awakening would be an actual unconscious realization about your life. Feelings of being alone or loneliness perhaps. An owl could be a symbol of wisdom, unconscious wisdom that would help you soar above these feelings and seek new avenues to fill the void {do you have interest or hobbies you participate in to fill your time?}. Trees often represent growth. That is what you seek, and need to be whole as a person, and again may be pointing to a lack of proper emotional nourishment from your family. That thing you seek that may fill the void {a substitute for family} would be something within yourself {boxes are often symbolic of the whole self}. The only problem is you would have to get over any guilt {rat} associated with this substitute. That would unlock any conscious/unconscious barriers and perhaps provide a tranquil alternative to the emotional nourishment lacking in your life.

What is your family life like? Have there been recent experiences that you feel would help fill a void that family life doesn't provide? That would be the treasure {gold} you need but you may need to get past barriers to get to that place. Usually such gold is an inner treasure, your own abilities to persevere and grow. Are there possible substitutes in your life such as hobbies or alternative activities that could temporarily feel the void {not a permanent solution since parental guidance is what is needed most in early life}?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

My parents and i aren't on the best of terms lately but all in all they do nourish me enough... Usually... But hobby wise i don't really have many i mean im creative but im not into sports or anything, interests yes but not really any hobbies. Most things i like are out of reach call me a dreamer but

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 Oregon

Jake,
Most likely, and because of your age, the dream is addressing recent waking conflicts. Since there have been experiences where your parents have not 'giving' you proper nourishment it probably has to do with those experiences. They were probably not that great of emotional experiences but at your age they do not have to be. Your dreams are reflecting all emotional conflicts and what seems important to you now would not be that great of problem when you get older. Only you can know the exact experiences so it is you who will need to determine what fits. If you can.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Ok thanks, really thank you

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 16 Oregon

stats from 7-14-10 to the present