Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dream with several symbols

Thank you Jerry for your interpretation.

As a freshman in college, I am definitely faced with many choices that affect my future.

I can identify with lack of parents' affection. My parents generally disagree and each does something different in terms of parenting style, which is something I've paid attention to in my high school years. As for something that needs to be overcome, I see myself longing to change from smart and lazy to smart and motivated. That motivation will probably come when I find this "bliss." I picked a mathematics major as a basis since I have an affinity for the subject, but I always wonder if that is "bliss" to me. I applied to the REU as it is a summer program for mathematics and I hope I can find bliss in that.
Well, there is much to be thought about, and I have a question about the symbols I encountered: a picture of an axe and a bell, each on a separate piece of paper, and my professor whispering the word "evil" while smiling, and holding my hand to guide me somewhere that was interrupted by a loud noise which awoken me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Pomona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Dream with several symbols

Darren,
'an axe, a bell, and most notably whispering of the word "evil" from a professor'. The fact these were written on a piece of paper may suggest something to do with expressing yourself. Often such expressions are of the unconscious type {perhaps something not yet realized of something ignored or put off}. The axe may suggest 'chopping away' at some unconscious barrier. Bells serve as warning devices. The professor may not be an actual person per say but your own higher instincts {and perhaps associated in some way with the actual person}. These symbols may be devices that point to a need to find that bliss you are seeking {our dreams want to help resolve such conflicts}. The evil, or negatives, may be pointing to the 'lazy attitude' you speak of, something that is a warning and needs to be eliminated {axe}. The unconscious expression {paper} would be the true self, that self that seeks the bliss, whereas the mental facilities controlled by the ego would tend to lean toward being lazy.

It may do well to post future dreams and see what they may have to offer. Consciously you know the desire you have to find your bliss but the unconscious influences, which could involve early life experiences, may not be well known or realized. Future dreams may help clarify the barriers that may need to be 'axed'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present