Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Going uphill

Good day Jeff.
This is one of Nana's dream as she dreamt last night.

Nana dreamt that I visited her parents'home after I had taken a ride with a bicycle in the neighbourhood. She and a couple of mutual friends, were to get into her car and go somewhere. She asked me if I was tired after bicycling, but no, I was not so we all got into her car. After a while, we reached at a very difficult uphill. Everybody was afraid that the car wouldn't make it. Nana was sure about her car, she was telling us it is safe to drive all the way up. Still, the other friends were very scared and they got off the car, preferring to walk the way up. I stayed in the car even though I was very scared too. Nana got influenced by my being so scared and she took some drops of Bach's "Rescue Remedy" she always carries in her handbag. (the remedy was overdue but ok.). After that, she started the car again going uphill and to our surprise we realized it was not really that difficult, the road was not as dangerous, it was quite easy. :)
Thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Going uphill

Cynthia,
I need clarification about Nana's dreams where there are descriptions of you in the first person {'I stayed in the car even though I was very scared too' and 'Nana got influenced by my being so scared'}. If the language were 'Nana thought I stayed in the car because she thought I was very scared' and 'Nana felt influenced by my being so scared'. Is that the correct language from her dream? Nana's dreams will describe her emotional state of being. You can be an influence but the dream will not use first person language to describe your emotions. The focus will be on Nana and not others except in the relationship of those persons to Nana.

As for the dream itself it seems to be describing the difficulties of life, trying to navigate the 'uphill' ride she is confronted by. The bicycle would be a symbol for a need/desire to balance her life it requires balance to ride a bicycle}. The car 'is Nana'. She has confidence in some aspects of her life {Nana was sure about her car} but she needs reassurance {she was telling us it is safe to drive all the way up}. That need for reassurance may be a trait from early life influences and a description of her personality {introverted, shy, a lack of self esteem}. Walking up the hill instead of remaining in the 'car' could also be describing personality traits and the difficulties that presents.

You are most likely a big influence in Nana's life, someone who she relies on heavy for assistance in emotional situations. {That is where the first person description takes place in your description}. The Bach's "Rescue Remedy" probably refers to those persons and/or things {does she take prescription drugs for anxiety?}. It could be she relies heavily on you for advice. Being overdue may suggest it is a substitute instead of her doing things for herself. Proper guidance and assistance from others, and possible medications may suggest those influences can be positive. Al least in the short term {in the long term she will have to learn to do those things, taking control of her life, herself}.

Does this describe Nana's personality and path in life? The dream seems to be a general description of difficulties in life and what she does/uses to help travel that difficult road. Does she tend to rely on friends and/or prescriptions when things get difficult? {we reached at a very difficult uphill}. It could also be you and Nana, and perhaps others, rely on each other a lot {She and a couple of mutual friends}. And how is her relationship with the parents? Is that a difficult situation in her life?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jeff,
once again your interpretation is as if you really know me and Nana and the relationship we share!!
When I write about Nana's dream and I speak in the first person, I mean ME, Cynthia! Please let me know if you prefer I write Nana's dreams as if Nana is speaking. I just translated what she told me, replacing the "you" she was telling me , with " I " and the " I " she was telling me, with "Nana" :)
It is very true, Nana and me are like loving sisters, we highly value each other's opinion and support. It's true she is lacking much self confidence ( some years ago, it was much worse though!) and her profession (Dramatherapist) has helped her a lot into gaining some confidence in herself. It's also true that her relationship with her parents has been quite an issue... Her mother had already two children from her first marriage when Nana was born. Her parents, being doctors (father cardiologist, mother anaesthesiologist) were not very close to their children as their work was keeping them away from home, much. Her stepsister and stepbrother, being older than her, felt antagonistic about her. She knows her early years have influenced her life too much and there is the root to all her psychological blockage. She's fighting against it and tries to make it better. I'm glad to see her progress through these years and your interpretation gives to both of us a very clear picture of what's happening! Thank you once more!
Cynthia

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Cynthia,
I bring up the 'first person' aspect to help you better understand how the dream functions. But I sense there are 'shared' traits or aspects between you and Nanna that would cause you to identify with her, and she you. Perhaps it is merely the closeness between the two of you.

As for the dream and Nanna's psychological conflicts. You mention her 'Drama therapist' which involves the use of theatre techniques for personal growth. Bach's "Rescue Remedy" could be an association with Nanna's drama therapist {Bach being a reference to Johann Sebastian Bach}. This may involve the creative aspect. Does Nanna have a particular creative avenue that could help facilitate her therapy and personal growth? If not perhaps that would be something she should explore.

The dream does seem to end on a positive note. And it does also seem to be a direct result of the Bach's Rescue remedy. Since the dream is a reflection of the true condition of the dreamer's life the progress you mention in Nanna's therapy may be what this last part of the dream is addressing. If so she is on the right path. Determining whether it is merely the therapist or the approach {drama therapy} that deserves the credit may be important. If it is the therapist, the person, then Nanna may become too dependent on her. If it is the drama therapy then that would be something she would want to expand and continue with. Are there indications of a 'dependency' on her therapist? Let's hope it is the therapy.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present