Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Finding a gun, and partying with people I don't know

I am one who's become fond of finding out what my dreams mean nowadays, haven't been having the best of luck, in love, and in life genarally speaking. Well, last nite this dream I had involved finding a gun, that was stashed, and attending a party with a group of well to do people, and one particular person stood out because he's semi-famous, and asked to dance with me. What's up with that? The people seemed to have recognized me from some article, for one lady held up a paper, and stated that "Yes, it's her..."

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38_Hollywood, FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Finding a gun, and partying with people I don't know

Latoya,
Taking an interest in your dreams can be a fascinating thing. Here at the Dream Forum we use Carl Jung's theories and approach to the psyche because they work so well in understanding the dream world {a world that is spoken in a language of symbol and metaphor}. Spend enough time working with your dreams and you may not only be 'captured' by this inner world but may also discover things about yourself you never knew as well as being a tool wonderful for personal and spiritual growth.

The 'stashed gun' may symbolize internal aggression you feel toward yourself. There is a need/desire to recognize something about yourself {recognized me from some article}. The well to do people are either aspects of yourself, something you seek or wish for in life, and/or the actual environment you experience in waking life {and/or in that dreams will address more than one emotional issue in your life using the same symbols and metaphors}.

The one person that stands out, a male, could be a masculine aspect of yourself, and/or some male person. The 'aggression' represented by the gun would be a masculine aspect {a gun can also represent the male phallus, a sexual connotation}. Semi famous may be something that is 'partially recognized', a masculine aspect that you possess but do or do not utilize or recognize. There may be elements of recognition in your waking life involved but also elements of your inner life that seeks recognition.

This is a short dream and although 'telling' it does not tell as much as it could. Future, or past dreams may add elements that help clarify what needs to be recognized about yourself and/or your life. If you can post those perhaps we will be able to discern what those aspects are. Interpreting a dream involves reading the periphery and not the exact experiences. The dreamer has to put the pieces together, those that fit with the waking life. Some dreams are more direct and exact while others will offer differencing possibilities where the dreamer must recognize which fits {as with the male being a person and/or an aspect of the dreamer's psych}. Dreams will repeat motifs until there is a recognition, or resolution to the emotional conflict{s} by the dreamer. Dreams are about the emotions, the dreamer's emotions.

Such is the way of dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Blessings;

I truly did not want to bother you with the "out of control" things that I have been having lately, but like you stated, there's a need to post about what lil-ole me has been dreaming about nights before. I was pondering inside an old dream book, and to dream about a puppy(which was still born), so small that it fit right in the palm of my hand, and was covered in feces - stated that I was going to have frustration over the lost of money, or lack of.
The night after, I was entering into a church, walking towards a seat, and the choir caught my attention by seeing a singer in a black dress, she was pregnant but her stomach appeared oblong, huge. The book also interpreted that as to being financially frustrated. And now the dream of walking into a room, and finding a gun, that I didn't even know I was looking for, complaining to a neighbor about another neighbor's white dog, to a party with people I don't know who seem to be elighted about the article of me, and asked to dance by a film star who I have no connections with, what so ever...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38_Hollywood, FL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Follow-Up To Interp.

Latoya,
When a dream dictionary interprets a symbol{s} as a financial gain or loss, throw it away. Dream symbols must be looked at in possible emotional terms and not exact personal possibilities. Dictionaries are good as 'possibilities' but not as something in concrete terms. This is why I use the two above dictionaries as best possibilities {even though the HyperDictionary does go beyond what I believe is sound possibilities, as with financial losses or gains}. Being covered in feces may suggest negative emotions or attitudes. It could also suggest 'wasted' energies. Look at your waking life and see if any of this fits.

Financial gains an/or losses. You need to throw your 'little old dream book' away. The logic it uses is more attuned to a 'palm reader' or 'psychic' more so than the psychological {psyche} possibilities associated with emotions {dreams are about the emotions}.
Your second dream would more likely be addressing something new that is developing or should be developing in your life {pregnancy}. The singer is you, an unconscious aspect {black is a common symbol for the unconscious} that 'may be expecting' new to develop in your life. The church could be related to spiritual aspects or a need for something that is 'uplifting' for you. Perhaps you have been 'expecting' too much of some thing that would lift you out of an emotional situation, something new. But those expectations were unrealistic {still born puppy} or not possible. Look at your original posted dream and see how this may tie in with it. Your dreams are reflecting waking life emotions and psychological aspects. The expectations may be associated with recognizing something about yourself or something in your life. Masculine aspects, or a lack of them, may be central to the dream motif {central theme the dream is trying to convey to your waking mind}.

Again, interpreting dreams is defining the periphery of what may be occurring in the dreamer's life. The dreamer will need to apply the possibilities to their waking life and see what fits. I can be 'circling' around the possibilities and not offering the right terminology that will help in the recognition of what the dream is wishing to communicate {I try to be a go between of the difficult terminology Jung uses, providing simpler words to help the dreamer understand the dream}.

What recent expectations, new things are there in your life? Something that didn't pan out and possibility had no real possibilities of doing so. The well to do people in your first dream may have associations to your expectations. It could be you were expecting too much {a masculine tendency}. Something you should have 'recognized' as dead on arrival.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present