Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
barefoot

Good day!

The other night, I had dream wherein I visited a closed mall situated in an abandoned land. The only shop that was open in that mall was so colorful.It sells umbrella. When I visited that shop, it closed. I was about to leave when I noticed that I lost my maroon umbrella so what I did was I took one umbrella from the shelf secretly then I ran away.Outside the mall, there were people evacuating.I don't know where they are going. That's the only time, I noticed I am walking on barefoot in mud..The place was so dim as if it will rain. then someone offered me a ride on a wheel barrow like vehicle where their babies are sleeping on sofa covers. I sat on the wheel but the babies peed on the cover so i asked the father to stop and I cleaned the covers.I woke up without knowing what happened next.

The next day, my dream was I waited for my sister to finish her classes then I asked her to accompany me about a job offer. When I reached the office, the HR officer gave me documents. I opened the envelope, I have my ID but it says TANAUAN, a town. I know that town but I have never visited that in real life. In my dream, I wondered because I never applied for a job in that location. I was asked to go to that place. Instead of taking a bus to that town, I crossed the road and waited for bus home with my sister but nothing comes. I was afraid that my sister would get hungry so I looked for a bakery. To my surprise, the crackers, bread and everything were on display without any cover or plastic. I noticed some of the loaves of bread were half-eaten I think by rats or something. I bought cracker that have plastic. I bought some mineral water. I woke up that the last visual on my dream was that the buses that passed were not our destination.We were not able to go home.There are also people waiting.

Please help me interpret these dreams..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, philippines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: barefoot

Kate,
My impressions from the first dream are you are 'shopping' for something associated with your inner self, something that has left you feeling abandoned {most likely from past life experiences/influences}. There is a part of you that remains positive and 'colorful' but in the depths there is something missing. This abandoned aspect has been 'covered' up, shielded from your conscious thinking umbrella}. You have 'closed' off this part of yourself/life. You are running away from something. These past experiences/influences are having an 'outer' control of your conscious life/personality. You are going through life with this 'outer rosy' attitude while inside there is something 'muddy'. To go this 'inner place' would produce {or does produce} depression.
The wheelbarrow is your outer life, how you are 'riding' in your waking life a positive attitude but with the inner void}. The babies may represent unfulfilled aspects they peed on the covers, the covers being your outer self that covers the inner self}. The father symbol could be associated with an actual relationship. In that possibility the babies could also play into the associations, past experiences/influences from early life associated with your father.

What was the relationship with your father life when you were growing up?

The Second Dream
You are unconsciously being asked to go to a place you have never been {consciously. Tanauan may represent 'associated' aspects to your whole self {a suburb of your whole self}, a place within you have never been before.
Your sister could represent two things. One would be shared experiences you have with your true sister and the other would be her representing a 'related' aspect of yourself. The shared experiences would have to do with early life. The representation would be addressing the 'hunger' you feel within, something that would fill the void.

The bakery may be a product of that outer life you have 'baked' to cover the void of the inner self. 'Rats' have partially eaten that inner self {possessing a positive personality you may have been able to overcome much of that lost self while remnants of the void still persist}. Your outer life is really 'plastic', not real as long as this void remains. The mineral water is the 'therapeutic' assistance you need so you can go 'home' {home being that whole self absent the void}. But the 'buses' in your life do not take you there, your waking life has not reconcile the inner life where the experiences/influences from early life have left a void.

Look back at your early life, childhood in particular, and see what was lacking. Often this involves proper nourishment not given by one of both of your parents. Something was left unfulfilled. Those early life experiences can have unconscious control of your personality, your waking life as an adult. You must recognize the underlying causes to remove the void in your life.

My Personal Experiences
In relationship to what I see within your dreams, that void that needs filling, I too had such a void. After many years of self therapy {Jung's Individuation Process} I was able to realize and recognize it was the non-relationship with my father that was the unconscious controlling agent in my life. Those early life experiences/influences didn't make me do any particular thing later in life but it pushed me in that direction. If such experiences/influences are strong, and the personality is weak {I suffered from stunted personal growth throughout early life producing a weak personality} then the likelihood of 'following' in the footsteps of these influences are great. They did manifest themselves in my early adult life and it was not until my forties {when I first discovered Campbell, Jung and Individuation} I realized the impact. And when that was achieved I was able to remove the void I had felt in my thirties and change those unconscious attitudes that negatively influenced my waking life.

This is a theme I come across often when working with dreams. We all are products of our childhood. What and who become later in life is as much an unconscious stimulus from early life experiences/influences as is any other force. Filling the void is an unconscious psychological journey. Starting on that journey is a hero/heroine task, a task that takes bravery and discipline. The end product is a whole self, discovering a true direction in life, finding and achieving the 'bliss' we seek. For me it is my dream work and website {Myths-Dreams-Symbols}. My bliss, and for the first time in my life knowing where I want to go in life, is my dream work. Removing the negative unconscious influences lets one discover the true life that was there all along. We all possess such 'void' but also have the ability to overcome it and find wholeness, balance and harmony in life. Finding the right path is often the hardest thing to do. For me it was Jung's Individuation Process. It could be the right path for you, if you are brave and disciplined enough to stay the path.

These are the psychological stories that make up the myths, the hero/heroine motifs that we can identify when the myth reflects the personal life. This where myth and dreams intersect, using much of the same symbols and metaphors to describe the psychological condition of a person, a nation, a culture {an example being the Japanese society that did not riot, loot or harm others while the world around then fell apart because of the recent catastrophes}.
Individually, a person must do the same.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thank you so much for your interpretation.it really helped..i really don't know how can i fill the void you're telling me. it is true that one of my struggles today is my decision not to care anymore about my father.i came up with this decision because he punched me in one of our fights. since I was a child, when he worked abroad until he got home, i always felt that he's not a good provider thus my impression is he doesn't care at all in his family.he had a lot of shortcomings that i tried to forgive him but i always felt that he commits the same mistakes because he doesn't care.i really wanted to runaway but i don't know where to go..

i wish you could tell me more about filling the void without reconciling with him,, i would like to move on by myself...thanks again for your help..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25, philippines

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Kate,
Moving on is one step in filling the void. The void, although perhaps not fully realized at this time, could manifest itself in later life, aspects of not having had a proper father/daughter relationship being on influence in relationships or personality. But if dealt with properly those possibilities can be overcome. Moving on, putting into perspective that it was your father's and not your doing will help resolve whatever unconscious conflicts that may come from the non-relationship. And that is where the lack of a father will show itself, as an unconscious influence.

I make this statement from personal experience. Like you I had a father who cared little for anything other than himself. Unfortunately throughout my early and mid twenties the influence of not having had that needed parental love and guidance manifested it self into doing much of the things he did {although my actions did not include not being a good father}. It was an unconscious influence that 'pushed' me in a direction {such influences do not make a person do one thing or another but make the possibility of doing so more likely}. I grew out of much of those influences {eventually deciding by my early thirties he was a lost cause and moving on}. But it was not until I discovered Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung that I realized the power of the unconscious influences. I have seen much of the same influences in working with dreams, the experiences of the dreamers being the focus of the dream.

The best way I know of filling the void in life is to find something valuable to the person as a substitute. Instead of turning to negative influences such as alcohol, drugs, food or other abusive remedies, one must find that positive thing in life. For me it was working with dreams and my {Myths-Dreams-Symbols website. The muse is a great substitute for the void since it is a natural remedy {we all possess creative skills-discovering what it is may be the greatest challenge}. For me the muse is also my 'mistress', that thing I turn to when I need reassurance. Having been married three times {divorces being one product of that non-relationship with my father} I had to cover why this was so. Again it was the Campbell/Jung discovery that provided the answers. It has now been 18+ years since I last was married and although I have my moments I find my relationship with the muse as being what I am married to. It fills so many the 'voids'.

But back to your situation. You are right in your determination to move on on your own. Reconciling with your father is most likely pointless as you point out. I never forgave my father but I did not let it be a force in the last 20 years. He passed away a couple of years ago, a pauper, having reaped what he sowed. That is how nature works, what goes around comes around. Such principles of nature are my guide, and from experience I know they work. You are doing what is best for you, something your father is most likely unable to comprehend and more less likely to care about. Filling the void of the love that never was must be finding ways to love yourself for who you are. Your positive attitude paves the way for finding that love.

One last observation about your dream. There was only one brief mention of your father in the dream. But the analysis that there was a problem in your relationship with your father, confirmed in your response, is a product of properly interpreting the dream {if it fits the waking life then the interpretation is likely a proper one}. I am not wishing to 'toot' my horn but to emphasis the success of the Jungian approach to dreams. Jung has laid out a formula to understanding the dream world and from the several thousand dreams posted here at the Dream Forum that approach has been confirmed as proper time and time again. It is an excellent tool for anyone who is seeking personal growth.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thank you so much for your reply..i felt relieved with your response. I am now confident that there's nothing to worry about being a bad person or be guilty why i don't care about him much..thank you so much for interpreting my dream. God bless the forum..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, philippines

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present