Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sickness

I quote Nana

" 1. All 5 members of a family fall -suddenly- seriously ill. It was the father who got it first and spread it to the rest of the family. Daphne -a close friend in waking life- is the mother. They soon feel better it is just Daphne who has a mild diarrhoea.

2. I have called to my house a plastic surgeon who appears on tv. I'm with a group of friends in a Overeaters Anonymous when the door bell rings and I see 3 male doctors are standing on the front door. My house is in a mess and I ask my friends to make the beds and I rush to get dressed as I'm wearing my nightgown. I can't find my bra. Suddenly for no reason I see myself in a taxi together with my friends. The taxi loses its way, it goes round and round and finally arrives back at my home where we get out and we finally meet those 2 male doctors and 1 or 2 female ones. Luckily, they are not upset from my being late to the appointment. Dapne tells me that the doctors have already checked everybody else and now it's my turn. A female doctor approaches and wants to check on my blood pressure. I get upset and I shout "No, no the blood pressure!" She calmly explains that she herself had been sexually abused as well, yet, I have to take this exam. I'm too scared, she checks on my blood pressure which was finally ok. To the highest normal rate."

Thank you Jerry.
Cynthia

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30. Greece

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Sickness

Cynthia,
The illness would be from some aspect of Nanna's psyche. The whole family could represent her 'whole' self or/and related to her whole family {how many peole is in her immediate family?}. The 'illness', emotional conflict, could be related in some way to Daphne since she is the mother {mothers give birth}. It may be an indirect involvement. The number 5 often represents change. This conflict, or aspects related to it, may represent a big change in her life.

Plastic surgeons change the way a person looks. In dreams this would most likely represent how a person looks at themselve on the inside. The male doctors may symbolize masculine qaulities that can heal. The house is Nanna, it is in a mess. Thew nightgown may represent an ability to see through to inner conflicts. Not having a bra may suggest there is no support, or discipline to undertake this needed introspection {the 3 male doctors}. The taxi, Nanna's collective attitude toward herself, has lost its way.
Note: The 3 male doctors may have bene an actual real life experience

The dream takes a turn to what is probably the foundations of her internal conflict.
'She calmly explains that she herself had been sexually abused as well, yet, I have to take this exam.'.
The exam may be her own self examination but it may also relate to questions about the original experience which added to the emotional conflict. Blood is an often symbol for the energy that gives life. Pressure would be those emotional pressures in life. Nanna's is at its highest point.

Cynthia.
Having provided interpretations to many dreams it may be a good time to share some of Nanna's thoughts to the intrepretations. Feedback is important for those who read the posts and interpretations. That is one important reason for the Dream Forum. To learn about dreams. Are the interpretations fitting with Nanna's life?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry,
thank you once more for the so fine interpretation.
I will ask Nana to give me a detailed opinion about these and how they have applied to her reality and I'll post them right away! I'll ask her to send it to me by mail so that I'll be more accurate in my translation. Have a nice Sunday! Thank you again.
Cynthia :)

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Cynthia,
The feedback would be beneficial. Not only for myself as to how my interpretations are compared to Nanna's reality, and to those who read the posts, but perhaps to Nanna in her self discovery. If there was traumatic abuse as a child as I see reflected in the dream then I can assess my interpretations properly by having that knowledge. I do not want to get into a relationship of personal therapy, I am not a trained therapist. But I do wish to know the progress and process of the dreams and thier interpretations.
We learn from every dream but it is the follow up responses that provide the greater insights.

A comment to the dream posts. If there is not a conscious development of insights from the posted dreams and my interpretations then the posting will be of little use. Is Nanna actively using my interpretations as a part of her therapy or is she merely interested in what a dream may mean? That will be of little help for her situation if true. It does require a lot of time and effort to produce a proper interpretation. As a matter of time, when I do return to full time interpreting of dreams {and promote that intent where the dream posts are more frequent} I will request that there be a limit on dream requests. There are those times when requests are so numerous I will not be able to address every dream request. So I hope Nanna is utilizing this opportunity to its fullest in her path to self discovery.
Is Nanna sharing any of the interpretations with her therapist?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

I quote Nana's response
"Dear Jerry,
What you do is really rare and beautiful - giving so much of your time and effort in interpreting people's dreams and without being paid.. Especially about people like me as I see many dreams and given the circumstances we can't communicate directly so that our communication can be more live and functional. I also want to thank my friend Cynthia who takes care of the both-ways translation.... the difference is that Cynthia is a dear friend and she loves me while you don't even know me! So your offer is really of much value.
The reason I'm posting my dreams so regularly , is, that lately I see many and I believe it is because now I know there is someone (you) who can see into them and provide insight and knowledge. The reason I have not commented much on them is not because I'm selfish of course, but I do not wish to give more "work" to Cynthia as I know these days is very very busy. Your interpretations are very accurate and many times have touched my inner world.
This last period, it is true, I'm distressed, mainly about eating disorders (as you know I'm overweight) and about romantic love. It is true as a child I've been in a way sexually abused (not relative and not rape) by various men . Yet, through your interpretations I feel that my unconscious wants to commune something more! Something I still have not found it and it thrills me but scares me at the same time.
I had a father who was cardiologist and died 2 years ago after long disease. My mother, an anaesthesiologist, a very elegant woman with an appealing personality, is still living but never succeeded in "feeding" me emotionally. My sister, anaesthesiologist too, is a very difficult person we almost have no communication due to family disputes. My brother, plastic surgeon, 6 years older than me, committed suicide some years ago. I finally did not become a doctor but a therapist! :)
I've attended a Dream Analysis Workshop for about 4 years, still it is very difficult for me to analyse my OWN dreams, accurately. If I knew English, I would communicate more thoroughly but given the circumstances I don't wish to be of nuisance to Cynthia! ( Cynthia : she is not! She often has such guilt feelings! hehe)
From now on, I'll be sending those dreams I believe are of importance and I promise I'll be commenting on your interpretation.
I once again want to thank you and congratulate you for your so kind heart and accurate interpretations.
Nana "

stats from 7-14-10 to the present