Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2 dreams same night

Hello, I had two dreams on the same night, in the first dream, i was driving in a car park looking for a place to park when i approached a stairs going down with a flat surface at the bottom which i had to drive on in order to reach the opposite stairs going stairs going up, i needed to drive fast to get to the top and when i did my breaks weren't working properly so i drove slowly. suddenly i was in my child hood home and my baby niece began walking the stairs.

In the 2nd dream i was walking across rolling hills when i came to an older warehouse type building over looking the sea, i walk through the building and a man from a printing company approached me and asked 'can i help you?' i replied that i was just looking.Then i came to a thin spiral stairway and squeezed to the top, when i met an old wise women who said 'there's a 'cusp' coming. Then i looked at the ground and noticed a key to a gate which i use to open it. i began walking on the road side with some woman, it was very windy and stormy i found a phone and the women suggested we leave it on the ground and i said no we should bring it to the police station but first we need to ring some of the numbers and see if anyone knows who it belongs to. i rang a number and a lady answered and said she was an interior designer.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: 2 dreams same night

Paula,
The last part of the first dream probably says more about the message trying to be communicated than anything. The childhood home would likely be a reference to childhood experiences and/or influences. The niece would symbolize a 'related' aspect of your psyche {an actual experience that may have involved her, and you, or something about her that relates to you}. Going up and down the stairs would be searching for those aspects within the unconscious that need/want to be brought to consciousness. Likely they are childhood experiences/influences that need your attention. Such experiences/influences may have caused 'parts' of you, your personality, to be opposite what they should be. Perhaps you have become withdrawn, introverted when in fact you are or should live an extroverted life {or open up to the outer world to precipitate wholeness and balance in your life}.

The second dream may be following up on those 'old' experiences in the first dream. Something has been 'imprinted' on your psyche, past memories {since forgotten or repressed}, something that you need to look for 'within' so to discover the source. You are searching, albeit unconsciously through your dreams, for those aspects within the mind/brain {top} that relate to the past. The wise woman is your wise self. A cusp may represent a 'turning point' in your life, if and when you consciously discover those past experiences that have greatly influenced your personality/psyche. This is the 'key' that will lead you to that place within {interior designer}. Expect to find 'stormy' aspects that have made you who you are today as an adult.

There does seem to be an element of denial or repression in the dream. You are having to 'squeeze' these things out and ringing some of the 'numbers' to see if they 'belong' could represent the same attitude.

Are there childhood experiences that may have influenced your life? You may not want to address these emotional issues because of the pain they cause. If repressed you may have blocked them from conscious knowledge. It is 'within' you these things reside and where you will find the answers.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Paula,
After taking a second look at your dreams a few thoughts come to mind. In the first dream you are 'going down' to reach a flat surface at the bottom, something that has to be done before you can reach the 'opposite' stairs going up. That brings to mind the need to 'reach bottom' before you can get back on your feet. Is that something that is happening or has happened in your life? Ascending too fast, trying to hard may not be the solution. It is best to take things slow.

Then the childhood experience takes place. This may be pointing to early life experiences that are the foundations for the 'reaching bottom' as an adult. It could also be a commentary about a specific early life experience. A niece is by definition the following:

1. The daughter of one's brother or sister or of the brother or sister of one's spouse.
2. The illegitimate daughter of an ecclesiastic who has taken a vow of celibacy.

Are there any early life experiences that hold emotional energy having to do with the listed possibilities above? The niece could be a representation of yourself but the experience would be with the brother or sister or that of one's spouse. The second could be pointing to someone you trusted. That could perhaps have to do with betrayal of trust.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

jerry, thank you for taking the time to analyse my dream, it makes very good sense to me.

kind regards,
Paula

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present