Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jim Morrison and the Hero's Journey

It may not seem apparent at first glance, but Jim Morrison was the embodiment of the artist and shaman that Campbell so often talked about. The Doors tried to transport listeners to new frontiers of consciousness and spirituality. See doorsgoldmine.com for more information.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Boston, Mass

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Jim Morrison and the Hero's Journey

David,
Is this your web site? If so well done.

Thanks so much for the link. It does show the genus of Jim Morrison, the poet, the sage. Morrison's psyche and mythology; symbol and metaphor are undeniable. This page is a excellent reference to the hero pattern of which Morrison fit. It is from the Power of Myth
The Myth of the Hero in Jim Morrison’s Art and Life

Doors Gold Mine.com

Morrison was on my radar long before I discovered Campbell and Jung. I never knew the connections of the psyche, not until I made those discoveries. It is tragic his life was so short. He would have been a true sage, another Lennon who lived long enough to convey his brilliant psyche. If these two men were alive today perhaps there would be hope for the world. But alas, it is not to be.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Jim Morrison and the Hero's Journey

I have always felt that the Doors album American Prayer is one of the greatest of all. Much of it is spoken word layered over what is to me an uncommonly taught and exploratory score. I will try to find an example to link, should you not have had the pleasure of hearing some of the best tracks from this album. I see the music was recorded seven years after Morrison's death. There is an unsettling something to me about the words, Morrison was a kind of genius in perdition. I think I can hear him searching for his soul in these poems. Perhaps I am too critical, he was quite an inventor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlm6qH0wT7g&feature=related

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Montana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present