Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Duality-The Two of Each of Us

A few random thoughts to liven up a TGIF.

After more than 18 years since my 'journey' began I am now able to understand to the fullest the reality there is 'two of each of us, a duality in and of life, what I believe from my 'Jungian' education and actual experiences, is a 'natural' and true aspect of our humanity that we should learn to better understand if there is to be a wholeness in a life.

My dual 'lives', for those who do not know my journey, are having to balance my intentions/obligations to the 'social dragon' due to my responsibilities to our small construction business {a business I began 33 years ago and bequest to my son and his wife}, and my desire to follow my 'bliss', of working with dreams and the deep psyche. I've discussed this often times in my posts at the Dream Forum {hoping they have not become useless speech, and/or making it too obvious I am seeking a little pity}, and also of my intentions of early retirement as I 'survive' the final months before I become 62. Ideally a new career/life of following my bliss. I am now in that process of slaying a final 'dragon' on my path to Individuation. One more level I ascend to, to begin another yet stage in life. This is my hope, desire and intentions. This is my journey.

This is how the duality of my person has/is being played out, and being the type that tends to analyze most everything I try to understanding myself during this time so to better understand the forces behind the psyche interactions/emotions.
My experience and belief is, the conflicts in life {which are the themes of our dreams} usually evolve from the opposites of the two selfs/aspects. For the first half of life much of it is unconscious {for most it is the whole life}, the second half a 'introspection' that has the natural intent to remove the hidden parts from the unconscious to a conscious 'acknowledgement' so there is a recognition of the two forces/opposites and all that is related to it. With the knowledge there must be a discipline to assure a successful achievement of the 'bliss' of life.
With failure, history and time has shown us there the life of the 'Wasteland, a contineous journey of a wasted life, not having achieving wholeness, discovering their bliss {and for most never knowing there is such a thing}.
These inner conflicts are the focus of our dreams.

The great news is I do believe I have conscious control of the two parts. Not a total control, that perhaps being something I would not want to experience since it probably would require a total death to an ego aspect of 'self'. It is not my intent to become a monk when I retire, perhaps a beach bum offering to delve into a persons deeper psyche if requested, all the while living near the massive Atlantic and all she symbolically and literally represents to me and my psyche. No longer having to serve the 'dragon', total 'to live'.
Be sure to come visit me, somewhere in the area of Melbourne/Titsville/Cocoa Beach, FLORIDA {my son is in Orlando}.

Donations only for any of my services.

I have had a great attraction to large bodies of water. It use to be a large lake would do {there are several beautiful lakes in Middle Tennessee} . But now it is only an ocean that will suffice. The great expanse of the psyche, individual and universal. Something bthat would seem natural for someone like myself who has such a great interest in the deep psyche. In dreams the deep ocean is usually symbolic of the deep unconscious. The deeper the water the deeper into the unconscious. A natural attraction, and evolution for someone of my 'jungian' mentality wouldn't you think?

If it is truly natural you go with it {intuitive knowledge is natural law within the psyche}. There are forces within nature that offer guidance {what Campbell called the helping hands of fate, or 'angels'}. The most local source is 'within'.
The bad news is 'most people are focused outward'.

So goes the world of time and space.

"Let go Luke, use the Force"

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Duality-The Two of Each of Us

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights. I too share your love and deep resonance with the ocean. For me it is the Pacific Ocean. I was born and spent most of my adult life in San Diego, CA. Although I am currently residing in MO it is my deepest desire to return to my beloved San Diego and the comfort and strength I gain from the ocean. I try to make quarterly trips to visit my children and grandchildren there and several trips to the ocean are a must for me. I gather such peace, tranquility and energy from just being there and drinking in the salt air brings such a spiritual uplift and renewal to my life. When I am able to return I have purposed in my heart to never willfully leave the santuary of the ocean again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59, Missouri, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: Duality-The Two of Each of Us

Kathy,
Thanks for the post. For many of us the deep ocean does have this affect. I see it as a natural aspect since we are mostly composed of water {50 to 80%} and we evolved by coming out of the oceans. In psychological circles it is called 'running to the sea syndrome'. If that is true then I can only say, 'GUILTY'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present