Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Are Dreams-PBS Re-Broadcast

NOVA Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 9:00pm

Link: Dreams: Expert Q&A

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: What Are Dreams-PBS Re-Broadcast

If you missed the last showing of this program you can still view on the PBS.org website. The link is here What Are Dreams.
This program is well worth watching.

And be sure to read my post What Are Dreams Q & A-Comments. Note on the PBS web-page of questions to Dr. Robert Stickgold a Harvard neuroscientist, the third question listed is from your truly,
Jerry Gifford, Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

The question?
Q: It has been suggested that dreams are therapeutic—therapeutic in that dreams help solve emotional conflicts. How does this work?

Note: My original question was edited but the essence of my question remains intact.

And his answer was less than original. Attributing to Freud as the source for his answer indicates to me his lack of being informed of the acceptance of Jung as the 'new kid on the block' when it comes to dream psychology. If you Google dream psychology {or anything faintly related to dream psychology and dream interpretation} you will without doubt discover the tremendous influence on most web sites that have to do with serious dream work.
The answer itself {both parts} was well informed.
the act of remembering dreams in the morning, and then trying to understand the emotional issues that seem connected to them, can help you understand emotional conflicts better.

This is the foundation of Jungian psyche and dream psychology. Dreams help resolve emotional conflicts. And although there is solid evidence that the physical act of dreaming itself, with its therapeutic function, it is the interpretation of dreams that provides the true worth as a therapeutic device. This is what I try to do with my interpretations, help with the therapy by helping the dreamer understand the message of the dream.
And the interpretation of dreams is an important part of my bliss, along with the design and development of my website Myths-Dreams-Symbols. Both being aspects of my life I had no knowledge of, interest in nor inclination for just a mere 18 years ago.
From a couch potato/sports junkie to a 'geek' Jungian. Who would have 'thunk' such a thing to be possible? Not me!

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 61 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present